Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBP officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by SavRhiBri View Post
    The wait could be Much longer. I am north of Charlotte and my wait has been going on three years. 91= No T.O.
    Charlotte doesn't have too many international flights, correct? It is my understanding that CBPOs are only needed for international visitors at airports. Therefore, I assume they don't have many positions. Am I correct in my thinking?

    Comment


    • Originally posted by bpyankees2 View Post
      Charlotte doesn't have too many international flights, correct? It is my understanding that CBPOs are only needed for international visitors at airports. Therefore, I assume they don't have many positions. Am I correct in my thinking?
      Yeah, CBP officers only clear passengers making entry into the U.S from other countries.
      Last edited by barnaj; 06-03-2009, 10:14 AM.

      Comment


      • What transfers over to ICE IEA from CBPO

        Comment


        • I just got this from another forum. I don't know what to believe anymore.

          Since a lot of people are speculating on the "freeze" in hiring CBPO's I'll offer my actual knowledge of it. I entered TSU on 5/19/09. The next day I got a call from TSU offering me a position. I was given the available choices and told to call back the next day after I've made my selection or either turn the offer down.

          I called back the next day and the gentleman from TSU asked if I was still interested. I stated I was and told him the port I'd like. He stated that's great, but the FLETC class I selected (starting on July 16, 2009) had been cancelled along with all other CBPO classes for the rest of the year. (He didn't say "fiscal year" just "year," but I'm hoping he meant "fiscal year!") Anyways, he stated I'd stay in the hiring queue and he hoped he'd hear back from Washington and know something more within the next few weeks. When asked, he stated he wasn't sure whether it was budget related or what so who knows at this point.

          I was also going to post this on the forum at officer.com but have been waiting (and still am) in order to post on there. If someone here wants to quote this and re-post it there feel free. My screen name there is simply "191" so feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

          Last edited by CMUnupe; 06-03-2009, 12:42 PM.
          Written Test: 3/08
          NOR: 4/08
          TO: 4/08
          Medical: 4/08
          Fitness: 6/08
          VBT: 6/08
          Met with investigator: 10/08
          Received NOPA: 11/08
          Won appeal: 3/09
          TSU: 4/23/09 (Michigan) pulled in May for fitness
          New fitness: 7/28/09
          Back in TSU: 8/3/09

          Comment


          • Originally posted by PureLife23 View Post
            how did you do this change? I emailed MHC last week and they told me i couldn't change my GEO preference cause I had a TO
            As has been stated on here many times before, if you have a TO, you can not change GEO pref. You can however, apply under an open announcement for a new GEO location and hope that you get a new TO before you get the call for your old TO. If you get a new TO, your old TO goes away and all of your quals transfer to the new TO. You will go to the back of the TSU line for your new GEO pref.
            CBPO East Texas
            TO: 3/3/09
            Pre-Emp Forms: 3/26/09
            Fitness: 4/6/09 -Passed
            Medical: 4/6/09 -Passed
            VBT: 4/7/09 -Passed
            Quals: (GS-7) 4/10/09 -Verified
            Drug Test: 4/17/09 -Passed
            BI: 8/27/09 -Cleared
            TSU: 8/27/09
            FCRA: 05/19/10
            BI Update: 6/16/10

            Comment


            • Congratulations to class 930 yesterday and class 931 today...way to go guys/gals!
              These hands need your guidance!

              Comment


              • Originally posted by CMUnupe View Post
                I just got this from another forum. I don't know what to believe anymore.

                Since a lot of people are speculating on the "freeze" in hiring CBPO's I'll offer my actual knowledge of it. I entered TSU on 5/19/09. The next day I got a call from TSU offering me a position. I was given the available choices and told to call back the next day after I've made my selection or either turn the offer down.

                I called back the next day and the gentleman from TSU asked if I was still interested. I stated I was and told him the port I'd like. He stated that's great, but the FLETC class I selected (starting on July 16, 2009) had been cancelled along with all other CBPO classes for the rest of the year. (He didn't say "fiscal year" just "year," but I'm hoping he meant "fiscal year!") Anyways, he stated I'd stay in the hiring queue and he hoped he'd hear back from Washington and know something more within the next few weeks. When asked, he stated he wasn't sure whether it was budget related or what so who knows at this point.

                I was also going to post this on the forum at officer.com but have been waiting (and still am) in order to post on there. If someone here wants to quote this and re-post it there feel free. My screen name there is simply "191" so feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

                Like I always say, dont' believe everything you hear or read. Just roll with your own experiences, as that is the only "truth" when it comes to your particular situation. Everyone seems to have heard something different in regards to hiring. I also believe some people post B.S. comments just to be jerks or to be as negative as possible. Don't ask me why.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by USMC0844 View Post
                  As has been stated on here many times before, if you have a TO, you can not change GEO pref. You can however, apply under an open announcement for a new GEO location and hope that you get a new TO before you get the call for your old TO. If you get a new TO, your old TO goes away and all of your quals transfer to the new TO. You will go to the back of the TSU line for your new GEO pref.
                  Well put. That is about as good of an explanation as you can give.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by barnaj View Post
                    Like I always say, dont' believe everything you hear or read. Just roll with your own experiences, as that is the only "truth" when it comes to your particular situation. Everyone seems to have heard something different in regards to hiring. I also believe some people post B.S. comments just to be jerks or to be as negative as possible. Don't ask me why.
                    Yea, I'm hoping this was just a guy with a bad sense of humor.
                    Written Test: 3/08
                    NOR: 4/08
                    TO: 4/08
                    Medical: 4/08
                    Fitness: 6/08
                    VBT: 6/08
                    Met with investigator: 10/08
                    Received NOPA: 11/08
                    Won appeal: 3/09
                    TSU: 4/23/09 (Michigan) pulled in May for fitness
                    New fitness: 7/28/09
                    Back in TSU: 8/3/09

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by CMUnupe View Post
                      Yea, I'm hoping this was just a guy with a bad sense of humor.
                      Just seems odd that the other people who post, say nothing similar to that. Are MHC's employees really that far from being on the same page? Seems like more a case of no one over knowing what exactly is happening, so they just tell people what they think MAY be going on.

                      Comment


                      • What transfer to ICE IEA from CBPO ??????????

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Cbpstyle View Post
                          What transfer to ICE IEA from CBPO ??????????
                          Im guessing medical, probably BI and drug test. Not sure what their fitness test, qualifications or interview process consists of.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Cbpstyle View Post
                            What transfer to ICE IEA from CBPO ??????????
                            Potentially, nothing.
                            Different agencies, different jobs.

                            ICE may decide to honor a CBPO drug test, medical, etc.
                            ICE may decide to require all new ICE tests.

                            It's all up to them.

                            Comment


                            • Ooo I was jk hope some do if anything

                              Comment


                              • I believe all except fitness and oral should transfer if done within a year

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 9426 users online. 294 members and 9132 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X