300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
    Yep, happened to me too. When the medical people call you, they might say something like "you cant try to schedule an appointment til such and such a date", politely ask them if you can get a date sooner. Worked for me.
    Thanks for the tip, I will definitely do that. I can't emphasize enough how much waiting sucks.
    Written Test: 3/08
    NOR: 4/08
    TO: 4/08
    Medical: 4/08
    Fitness: 6/08
    VBT: 6/08
    Met with investigator: 10/08
    Received NOPA: 11/08
    Won appeal: 3/09
    TSU: 4/23/09 (Michigan) pulled in May for fitness
    New fitness: 7/28/09
    Back in TSU: 8/3/09

Comment

• Originally posted by CMUnupe View Post
      Thanks for the tip, I will definitely do that. I can't emphasize enough how much waiting sucks.
      Yeah i've done about as much waiting as is humanly possible, so i understand. I have a friend of a friend who claims to know someone who knows John McCain. He says he's gonna call him and get me hired. He's such a bull*sh*it*ter!! Hahaha!

Comment

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
        Yeah i've done about as much waiting as is humanly possible, so i understand. I have a friend of a friend who claims to know someone who knows John McCain. He says he's gonna call him and get me hired. He's such a bull*sh*it*ter!! Hahaha!
        Now that's funny.
        Written Test: 3/08
        NOR: 4/08
        TO: 4/08
        Medical: 4/08
        Fitness: 6/08
        VBT: 6/08
        Met with investigator: 10/08
        Received NOPA: 11/08
        Won appeal: 3/09
        TSU: 4/23/09 (Michigan) pulled in May for fitness
        New fitness: 7/28/09
        Back in TSU: 8/3/09

Comment

• Originally posted by Jperkins1021 View Post
          For those of you that had already did your BI, how long did it take after you did your interview to clear in CASS? And did you talk to anyone else after that?

A friend of ours thats in BP, said that it took about 2 months after to get work that he was cleared, but was saying that the process has speed up since he has been in. He got into BP about 2 years ago.
          I would take the advice that everyone else is giving you but also remember there are different types of clearances... to be FULLY and 100% cleared takes around 6 months. I was cleared from CASS and forwarded to TSU 5 days after I met with my BI. I think it has something to do with my current employment and previous government work/backgrounds. I had a friend that met with his background investigator and three days later got the call from TSU and left for his EOD three weeks later! He has about the best clearance you can imagine though. A lot of people, I would include myself, that are getting cleared from CASS and placed in TSU while their backgrounds are still being done. It's because we're getting an 'initial clearance' of some kind probably basing that off of past backgrounds/work/etc. I could be absolutely wrong but it only makes sense going by the people I have talked to and what I've seen working for the government.

Not to mention the students that are at FLETC and still meet with their BI to clear up questions and concerns... or the students that have left FLETC because of their background while they were already in their training. I have read somewhere on this forum about that and I have heard stories from friends.

I hope this helps out. Either way just be optimistic!
          Last edited by seeOH; 06-02-2009, 01:56 PM.

Comment

• Cass

So, the fun continues with this whole process for me.

I completed the eQuip questions on 5/19/09 and I sent the pre-employment forms that came with the TO on 5/20/09 and sent my fingerprints in separately on 5/23/09.

Lately the phone version of CASS has been acting up and I can't check my status through it to save my life.

The CASS website, lets me login and shows the following for the incompleted items:

Qualifications pending A review of your work experience and/or education is still pending.

[is this based on the pre-employment forms or eQuip or both? how long has this taken you to show completed?]

Background Investigation pending We have not received the background investigation documentation which is required to begin your investigation.

[this one I'm guessing is based on me first getting a call and having the sitdown with the FBI agent or whoever investigates/interviews me, my employers, neighbors, etc, and compares this to my forms and equip, or?]

As always, thanks in advance to your answers to the above.

(I'm starting to get frustrated with this whole process and the length of time this is taking. Nov '07 til now..)
            Last edited by sandwichman; 06-02-2009, 02:36 PM.
            CBP written test Miami, FL
            11/10/2007
            NOR letter 01/16/2008
            VBT 4/2/2008 (passed)
            Forms 6/2/2009 completed
            Med exam 4/6/2009 completed
            9/4/2009
            Physical exam 4/6/2009 (passed)
            drug test 5/7/2009 (passed)
            TO 5/12/2009 (2nd one,
            never got first)
            qualifications completed
            BI interview 9/30/2009
            BI cleared/referred to TSU 10/30/2009
            poly: Mar 2011
            updated e-Qip & All Forms: Sep/Oct 2011
            BI interview II: Dec 2011/Jan 2012

Comment

• Originally posted by sandwichman View Post
              So, the fun continues with this whole process for me.

I completed the eQuip questions on 5/19/09 and I sent the pre-employment forms that came with the TO on 5/20/09 and sent my fingerprints in separately on 5/23/09.

Lately the phone version of CASS has been acting up and I can't check my status through it to save my life.

The CASS website, lets me login and shows the following for the incompleted items:

Qualifications pending A review of your work experience and/or education is still pending.

[is this based on the pre-employment forms or eQuip or both? how long has this taken you to show completed?]

Background Investigation pending We have not received the background investigation documentation which is required to begin your investigation.

[this one I'm guessing is based on me first getting a call and having the sitdown with the FBI agent or whoever investigates/interviews me, my employers, neighbors, etc, and compares this to my forms and equip, or?]

As always, thanks in advance to your answers to the above.

(I'm starting to get frustrated with this whole process and the length of time this is taking. Nov '07 til now..)
              How on earth did you manage to do your VBT and etc. before ever getting a t.o.? Weird. Anyways, your quals will be based on what you wrote on the page in your packet that asks you to describe your work and education history. They'll verify it, but its nothing to sweat about as long as you're not lying. The background forms were in your packet, along with the e-qip which must be submitted electronically for your BI to begin.

Comment

• Got a call today, I am in TSU for WA northern as of today!

Comment

• Originally posted by RobRok View Post
                  Got a call today, I am in TSU for WA northern as of today!
                  You got a call informing you that you've been sent to TSU?
                  ICE IEA Philadelphia FO (Dingmans Ferry, PA)
                  Written: 5/15/08
                  NOR: 5/20/08
                  TO: 10/28/08
                  Medical/Drug Test: Cleared from CBP
                  Fitness: 2/02/09
                  BI: 3/15/09
                  OB: 4/24
                  EOD: 7/27
                  FLETC: 7/29 (Class 928)

CBPO Pennsylvania
                  Written: 3/15/08
                  NOR: 4/2/08
                  TO: 5/22/08
                  Pre-Emp Forms: 6/2/08
                  Fitness/Medical: 6/18/08
                  VBT: 6/30/08
                  Drug Test: 7/10/08
                  Quals: (GS-7) 7/23/08
                  Met w/ BI: 9/24/08
                  BI submitted: 10/10/08
                  TSU: 4/2/09
                  Removed from TSU (med/fit): 6/4
                  EOD:

Comment

• I hear different things about "transfering" to different locations after your 2 year probationary period. How hard is it really to transfer to a different location? My GEO is Buffalo, NY but I woudl like to move back to Texas eventually?

Comment

• Originally posted by jdmscott8 View Post
                      I hear different things about "transfering" to different locations after your 2 year probationary period. How hard is it really to transfer to a different location? My GEO is Buffalo, NY but I woudl like to move back to Texas eventually?
                      From what I've gathered from both here and current CPBO's, transfers are extremely difficult. Port swaps are much more common. Even the best of reasons to get a hardship transfer seem to be turned down.

Comment

• Originally posted by jdmscott8 View Post
                        I hear different things about "transferring" to different locations after your 2 year probationary period. How hard is it really to transfer to a different location? My GEO is Buffalo, NY but I would like to move back to Texas eventually?
                        The chances of you moving anywhere in the first 3-4 years will be slim.

Straight transfers rarely happen. As was previously point out, a swap is much more likely to get you moved. Occasionally, there are lateral transfers to places like Laredo.

Your chances of getting back to Texas eventually...probably not all that bad...4-5+ years down the road. If you're looking to get into any specific place in TX...then you might end up waiting forever.

Comment

• Day two at Dulles; stuck in a pax processing booth with a computer and a bunch of training CDs. First one was all about security of the computer systems, email, viruses, ect. Second was Intro to Immigration, full of dates and names of bills. Third or the one I’m working on right now is Intro to Customs. It basically explains step by step which laws allow or authorize CBP to collect fees and tariffs.

Oh, by the way, the fact that we’ve started at 11am does not mean that it is a short day; it simply means what we’re stuck here until 1900. Airport never closes…

Cool part is that our training officer treats us like adults; we can go and wonder off into the terminal any time we want, grab something to eat, or get a cup of coffee…

So far so good, they have like 30 CDs for us to go thru before FLETC.

M.
                          CBPO Timeline
                          Geo: Virginia and D.C. Test: 12/10/08
                          NOR: 12/20/08 (86%) TO: 02/02/09
                          Forms: 02/11/09 VBT: 02/25/09
                          Medical: 03/03/09 Fitness: 03/03/09
                          Drug Test: 03/12/09 Qualifications: 03/26/09
                          BI: 04/09/09 (my B-day gift!)
                          Met with Investigator: 04/15/09 TSU: 04/10/09
                          The Call: 05/01/09 10.30am
                          EOD: 06/01/09 -- Dulles Airport
                          FLETC: 07/01/09 -- Class 957
                          Graduation: 10/14/09

Comment

• JDNoble,
                            That is correct. I got a call informing me of my status. I have been refered to to TSU today. About 1 hr later I got a similar call from BP telling me the same thing. God I hope customs calls me first.

Comment

• it's been two weeks since I did my VBT (which I felt ****ty about) and CASS hasn't updated anything on it it yet..i know it's still soon though....but this is killing my nerves!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CBPO
                              * EXAM: 3/3/09
                              * NOR: 3/9/09 (95%)
                              * TO: MID APRIL
                              * PRE-EMPLOYMENT FORMS: 4/16/09COMPLETED
                              * MEDICAL/PHYSICAL: 5/1/09 COMPLETED
                              * DRUG TEST: 5/14/09 COMPLETED
                              * VBT: 6/15/09 :COMPLETED
                              *QUALIFICATION: 5/28/09 (GS-7) COMPLETED
                              *BI: 6/11/09 COMPLETED
                              *!!THE CALL!!: 6/16/09
                              *EOD: 6/29/09

*FLETC: CLASS 961 7/23 - 11/04

BPA
                              *EXAM: 4/16/09 (86%)
                              *TO: ???

ICE IEA
                              *EXAM: 6/11/09 PASSED (Not interested anymore )

Comment

• hi all im in day 26 of my tsu-geo buffalo... damn this feels like forever...MUST>>STAY>>>STRONG...!!!
                                CBPO

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9075 users online. 281 members and 8794 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X