300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Application Manager

Just an FYI for those checking Application Manager for their scores.

You won't see the job listed as a job you have applied for until the NOR is uploaded. Keep checking back and when the job appears in the list you know the NOR should be there. Click on the job title, then click on 'details' when it opens and your NOR should be there.

I took the test on 3/8, and it just appeared there today.

Edit: still haven't received anything by mail.

Jeff.

Comment

• Good news!

"Background Investigation completed Your background investigation has been completed."
      CBPO - Nirgendwo in Amerika

Comment

• So what is the usual score on the entrance exam to get to continue in the process? I just got my results of an 85 without vet preference. Hope i didn't shoot myself in the foot too badly.

Comment

• Originally posted by EWUCrimj View Post
          So what is the usual score on the entrance exam to get to continue in the process? I just got my results of an 85 without vet preference. Hope i didn't shoot myself in the foot too badly.
          I scored an 86 w/ vet pref and got my Tent. Sel. package (WA) 2 1/2 months after I took the test. You'll be fine.
          CBPO
          Test-11/07, T.O. 1/08 (WA)
          Med/Fit-completed 1/08
          Forms/Drug/VBT-completed 2/08
          Quals-completed 6/08
          BI-completed 8/08
          Referred to Schedule EOD 8/15/08

The Call-9/29/08
          Start-10/14/08
          FLETC-11/13/08

CBPI-911

Comment

• Originally posted by Miami Eric View Post
            Last week, my status changed to "in the security office". 2-3 days later the background investigator called me. I met with him this past Friday and he has already set up meetings with aquaintences. I hope this helps you.
            what's up... you said your status changed to "in the sec. office", do you remember what it said before that? I sent my Forms in two months ago and from the day they received them my status for the BI has been "in the sec. office". I have not met with an investigator, just wondering if that is normal.
            CBPO
            Med/Fit-completed 1/08
            Quals-completed 6/08
            BI-completed 8/08

The Call-9/29/08
            Start-10/14/08
            FLETC-11/13/08

CBPI-911

Comment

• Originally posted by Tarheel1 View Post
              what's up... you said your status changed to "in the sec. office", do you remember what it said before that? I sent my Forms in two months ago and from the day they received them my status for the BI has been "in the sec. office". I have not met with an investigator, just wondering if that is normal.
              yeah thats the norm. it goes from "we have not recieved the forms to begin your bi" to "case in the security office" then it just sits on pending forever unless you get lucky and the pull your packet and give you an interim clearance then it'll be "completed"

Comment

• ExSDO,

I will be there April 10th- July 23rd...There is a former coworker who will be there April 9th - July 22nd...he is in a different class...1 day difference.

I think my class is 868.

Comment

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
                  yeah thats the norm. it goes from "we have not recieved the forms to begin your bi" to "case in the security office" then it just sits on pending forever unless you get lucky and the pull your packet and give you an interim clearance then it'll be "completed"
                  cool man thx ... hey do you think having a Dept. of Energy "Q" (equivalent to TS) clearance that was investigated by OPM could get ya an interim for this BI? I obtained it seven months ago. Also, can you be sent to FLETC with just an interim?
                  Last edited by Tarheel1; 07-05-2008, 07:46 PM.
                  CBPO
                  Med/Fit-completed 1/08
                  Quals-completed 6/08
                  BI-completed 8/08

The Call-9/29/08
                  Start-10/14/08
                  FLETC-11/13/08

CBPI-911

Comment

• Do CBPO's wear their uniforms to and from work or do they have access to locker rooms so they can change into their uniforms?

Also, for current, retired, or other officers working for different agencies, do CBPO's consider themselves "police" and "on the job?" I just want to know the attitudes that CBPOs have regarding their status as police compared to other agencies i.e. local, state, and so on. I would also like to know how CBPOs are viewed by other agencies.

Finally, can CBPOs act in an off duty capacity? I know that there are guidelines for local police where they may be required to act during certain situations. I just want to know if CBPOs also have obligations to act during certain circumstances. The CBPO academy seems to be tailored specifically to border protection/immigration/customs training so are CBP officers even trained in non-border/immigration police work? Thanks
                    Last edited by ec2749; 03-26-2008, 02:43 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tarheel1 View Post
                      cool man thx ... hey do you think having a Dept. of Energy "Q" (equivilant to TS) clearance that was investigated by OPM could get ya an interim for this BI? I obtained it seven months ago.. and it was a nine month investigation. Also, can you be sent to FLETC with just an interim?
                      One thing im not sure about is which, if any, BI's or clearances transfer over. But I do now for a fact that you can go to FLETC with an interim clearance. I know because me and 2/3rds of my class were down there on interim clearances.

Comment

• Originally posted by ec2749 View Post
                        Do CBPO's wear their uniforms to and from work or do they have access to locker rooms so they can change into their uniforms?

Also, for current, retired, or other officers working for different agencies, do CBPO's consider themselves "police" and "on the job?" I just want to know the attitudes that CBPOs have regarding their status as police compared to other agencies i.e. local, state, and so on. I would also like to know how CBPOs are viewed by other agencies.

Finally, can CBPOs act in an off duty capacity? I know that there are guidelines for local police where they may be required to act during certain situations. I just want to know if CBPOs also have obligations to act during certain circumstances. The CBPO academy seems to be tailored specifically to border protection/immigration/customs training so are CBP officers even trained in non-border/immigration police work? Thanks
                        Well cant speak for how everyone else views themselves, but you do get pretty extensive training in being a "cop" a FLETC. Now if you choose to act like one on the job is up to the individual. And you can do whatever needs to be done, including using your firearm, off duty, if you feel threatened or to help another law enforcement officer

Comment

• Originally posted by ec2749 View Post
                          Do CBPO's wear their uniforms to and from work or do they have access to locker rooms so they can change into their uniforms?

1. Varies depending on the port and the particular officer. When I worked on the west coast, a lot of the guys wore cover shirts to and from work. Out here on the east coast, even the local cops seem to have a more liberal attitude about covering up in their POV's.

2. From my limited experience from working with officers from other agencies, we're still respected by other LEO's. Although, anyone coming into this job needs to realize that we aint "da police." This job is mostly regulatory law enforcement. I prefer to think of it as niche LE. =)

3. I haven't been through the CBP academy (only legacy customs) but from what I understand there is still some neat non-traditional training. Again, you just need to realize that what you learn in the academy and the areas of focus your port will take will probably be different. When I graduated the academy I felt like I was some hot [email protected]#$ only to have my morale dumped when I realized my port focused more on trade facilitation then LE. As for off duty, your under no obligation to act on anything and your probably best as a good witness. However, policy does allow you to use your off duty weapon in defense of your life or another LEO's.

Hope this helps a little.
                          Last edited by verbalkint4; 03-26-2008, 10:07 AM.

Comment

• Loyalty?

I applied and tested for the Adjudication Officer position. I received my NOR, and from what I hear they hiring very quickly. Therefore, I could be hired and EOD before CBPO contacts me. However, I really want to be a CBPO. This is a hypothetical question but if I worked as an AO and was asked to become a CBPO would I be able to resign and become a CBPO without a black mark on my record? Or will I be expected to remain to loyal to the department that has spent money to train me, for a certain period of time before moving on?

Comment

• barnaj, verbalkint4

Thanks for the response! I took the test on 3/15 so I am just starting the whole process. Hopefully everything will go smoothly. Thanks again.

Comment

• Originally posted by shawal16 View Post
                                I applied and tested for the Adjudication Officer position. I received my NOR, and from what I hear they hiring very quickly. Therefore, I could be hired and EOD before CBPO contacts me. However, I really want to be a CBPO. This is a hypothetical question but if I worked as an AO and was asked to become a CBPO would I be able to resign and become a CBPO without a black mark on my record? Or will I be expected to remain to loyal to the department that has spent money to train me, for a certain period of time before moving on?
                                There is no loyalty in the federal government.

Seriously, if offered the AO position first, I would take it if only to begin building your federal time towards leave and retirement. People move around within the fed frequently. When you do move to another agency, your leave and pay will most likely transfer over. As long as you don't burn any bridges at the AO job, you should have no problems at all.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8994 users online. 304 members and 8690 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X