300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by seeOH View Post
    I would be absolutely straight forward with him and say look... this is our company policy... call this number and they will tell you who what where when but no WHY's because it's our company policy not to disclose backgrounds. And then tell him straight up 'hey... we're looking to do cutbacks at my current job and if you start coming to my office or calling my supervisors... I'm afraid you're going to make me a target since I might be lined up for another job.' If he can't respect that and furthermore attain the information he needs from the 1-800 # then he's not doing his job well.

And it's risky but... if you have a supervisor that is like your great friend... maybe recommend them as a reference from your employer... strictly "off the record recommendation" if you feel that they'll give you a glowing recommendation. My boss was nice enough to do that for me. Just a thought.

I absolutely agree that meeting in a neutral location is the best place. Doing it at your home is great if A) it's neat & B) there are no distractions. It's also nice because you may or may not remember some documents to show/give him and they'll be there at your fingertips hiding at your residence. This may or may not have come from experience
    Good Tips. My BI seemed suprised and relieved when I told him there would be no problem doing the interview in my office. That lead me to believe that it was the exception rather than the rule that my job was open to the idea of people coming in to poach their staff.

Don't feel too bad if your job doesn't want to lose the people that they've trained to a better organization. Their investment defaults and the rest of their invesments start getting ideas. Reasonable BI's will understand.
    CBPO
    GEO - NY/JFK
    TEST - 03/08 (NOR: 04/08)

TO - 01/09
    PE Forms - Completed
    Fitness - Completed
    VBT - 03/09 - Completed
    Drug Screen - Completed
    Qual - 05/09 - Completed
    B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
    Medical - 05/09 - Completed
    TSU

EOD: ???
    FLETC: ???

Comment

• For those of you that had already did your BI, how long did it take after you did your interview to clear in CASS? And did you talk to anyone else after that?

A friend of ours thats in BP, said that it took about 2 months after to get work that he was cleared, but was saying that the process has speed up since he has been in. He got into BP about 2 years ago.
      Last edited by Jperkins1021; 06-02-2009, 11:40 AM.
      CBPO
      Written: ~06-08
      T.O.: 3-09
      Pre-employment forms: 3-09 Completed
      Fitness: 4-09 Completed
      Medical: 4-09 Completed
      VBT: 3-09 Completed
      Drug test: 3-09 Completed
      Quals: 4-09 Completed
      B.I.: 08-06-09 Completed
      Geo Pref: SW - Texas/NM (Took El Paso, TX)
      TSU:08-07-09
      EOD:08-17-09
      FLETC:Sept 10 - Dec 30

"While watching you through the scope of my rifle, all I can say is: "You can run but you WILL die tired""

Comment

• Originally posted by Jperkins1021 View Post
        For those of you that had already did your BI, how long did it take after you did your interview to clear in CASS? And did you talk to anyone else after that?

A friend of ours thats in BP, said that it took about 2 months after to get work that he was cleared, but was saying that the process has speed up since he has been in. He got into BP about 2 years ago.
        Mine took about 50 days to clear after I had met with my investigator. That seems to be right around the average, from what I've seen on these boards.
        CBPO
        GEO - NY/JFK

TO - 01/09
        PE Forms - Completed
        Fitness - Completed
        VBT - 03/09 - Completed
        Drug Screen - Completed
        Qual - 05/09 - Completed
        B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
        TSU

Comment

For those of you that had already did your BI, how long did it take after you did your interview to clear in CASS? And did you talk to anyone else after that?

To get fully cleared it takes an Avg. of 3 to 6 months after your meeting with your BI. You can start worrying about it once you get near the 6 month mark with no news, at which point you should make your move to contact IA to find out what is going on with your file.
          CBPO
          Written: 08/29/2007
          EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

It took a week less than 6 months for me. It went from not being initally looked at, to fully adjudicated in 3 weeks. If I hadn't called IA to inquire about the status, my file would still be collecting dust or buried in a pile right now. Thanks again Yoda & Colin.
            ICE IEA Philadelphia FO (Dingmans Ferry, PA)
            Written: 5/15/08
            NOR: 5/20/08
            TO: 10/28/08
            Medical/Drug Test: Cleared from CBP
            Fitness: 2/02/09
            BI: 3/15/09
            OB: 4/24
            EOD: 7/27
            FLETC: 7/29 (Class 928)

CBPO Pennsylvania
            Written: 3/15/08
            NOR: 4/2/08
            TO: 5/22/08
            Pre-Emp Forms: 6/2/08
            Fitness/Medical: 6/18/08
            VBT: 6/30/08
            Drug Test: 7/10/08
            Quals: (GS-7) 7/23/08
            Met w/ BI: 9/24/08
            BI submitted: 10/10/08
            TSU: 4/2/09
            Removed from TSU (med/fit): 6/4
            EOD:

Comment

• I found out I've been in TSU since May 28th!!! 5 days down!!I know I'm a rookie in the TSU Lounge, but I'm just HAPPY to be here!!!! Hopefully, they will start to call people SOON!!!!! Who else is waiting for Long Beach/L.A.?
              Last edited by ZODIAC76; 06-02-2009, 12:35 PM.

Comment

• Shoot a mild mannered e-mail over to MHC after 1 or 2 months. I did that and coincidentally my BI cleared a week later.
                CBPO
                GEO - NY/JFK

TO - 01/09
                PE Forms - Completed
                Fitness - Completed
                VBT - 03/09 - Completed
                Drug Screen - Completed
                Qual - 05/09 - Completed
                B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
                TSU

Comment

• met with my investigator two weeks ago, guess I'm in for quite a wait =\
                  Written: 12-11-08
                  Medical: 3-28-09 Pending
                  B.I.: 5-21-09 pending

Comment

• Do you guys think that it's advisable to contact CHS instead of waiting on them to contact me to retake the fitness? Mine expires on the 12th and I was removed from TSU 2 weeks ago. I would like to get this over with so that if and when they start making calls, I won't be left hanging.
                    Last edited by CMUnupe; 06-02-2009, 12:26 PM.
                    Written Test: 3/08
                    NOR: 4/08
                    TO: 4/08
                    Medical: 4/08
                    Fitness: 6/08
                    VBT: 6/08
                    Met with investigator: 10/08
                    Received NOPA: 11/08
                    Won appeal: 3/09
                    TSU: 4/23/09 (Michigan) pulled in May for fitness
                    New fitness: 7/28/09
                    Back in TSU: 8/3/09

Comment

• Originally posted by TuffStuffCBP View Post
                      Shoot a mild mannered e-mail over to MHC after 1 or 2 months. I did that and coincidentally my BI cleared a week later.
                      I've shot 4 or 5 mild mannered e-mails to MHC regarding the wait for a BI to clear and each time was the same response. MHC had nothing whatsoever to do with BI's. Those are handled by IA and that organization is the only entity with information regarding it. Yours must have been purely coincidental, like you mentioned.

Comment

• Still waiting for a TO
                        BPA EOD - 09/06/10

Comment

• Originally posted by DirtStyx View Post
                          I've shot 4 or 5 mild mannered e-mails to MHC regarding the wait for a BI to clear and each time was the same response. MHC had nothing whatsoever to do with BI's. Those are handled by IA and that organization is the only entity with information regarding it. Yours must have been purely coincidental, like you mentioned.
                          Yeah, forget it. Trying to get BI info from the MHC is like trying to get blood out of a turnip. That stuff is really under lock and key, thats why there is no public email addresses and whatever for inquiry. Even with that, you can turn into a skeleton waiting for them to do anything with your case. Tic-toc-tic-toc...

Comment

• Originally posted by CMUnupe View Post
                            Do you guys think that it's advisable to contact CHS instead of waiting on them to contact me to retake the fitness? Mine expires on the 12th and I was removed from TSU 2 weeks ago. I would like to get this over with so that if and when they start making calls, I won't be left hanging.
                            Comprehensive health will not schedule you without first having permission from MHC, since they are the ones footing the bill.

Comment

• Yea, I was kind of thinking that. It sucks to finally make it to TSU, only to be there for 3 weeks before being removed from it for a fitness exam that I know I'm gonna pass.
                              Written Test: 3/08
                              NOR: 4/08
                              TO: 4/08
                              Medical: 4/08
                              Fitness: 6/08
                              VBT: 6/08
                              Met with investigator: 10/08
                              Received NOPA: 11/08
                              Won appeal: 3/09
                              TSU: 4/23/09 (Michigan) pulled in May for fitness
                              New fitness: 7/28/09
                              Back in TSU: 8/3/09

Comment

• Originally posted by CMUnupe View Post
                                Yea, I was kind of thinking that. It sucks to finally make it to TSU, only to be there for 3 weeks before being removed from it for a fitness exam that I know I'm gonna pass.
                                Yep, happened to me too. When the medical people call you, they might say something like "you cant try to schedule an appointment til such and such a date", politely ask them if you can get a date sooner. Worked for me.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10217 users online. 372 members and 9845 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X