300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FLA22 View Post
    I was told by friends at Miami International, that it is in dire need of officers. The overtime is out of control there. I recently hit TSU and I'm sure the line is long enough for their own class.
    Same with San Francisco/Oakland

Comment

• How does seniority work? Do they go by time as a CBPO or is it strictly by who has more rank. (i.e a GS-5 who has been working for 10 months) or a brand new GS-7)

Comment

• Got my NOR in the mail today from the 4/29 test. Woohoo!

Comment

• Originally posted by jdmscott8 View Post
          How does seniority work? Do they go by time as a CBPO or is it strictly by who has more rank. (i.e a GS-5 who has been working for 10 months) or a brand new GS-7)
          It goes by your EOD date as a CBPO or legacy position.

Seniority really doesn't count for much though beyond vacation bids, bid and rotation and a few other things.

Comment

• Has anyone received "the call" recently?
            61 days in TSU for SF/OAK

Comment

• Originally posted by jorge221 View Post
              i've been is TSU for Miami since 5/8/09. Anyone waiting for miami? anyone been called recently?? I guess we are in for a long wait!!
              I am. Has anyone heard anything on Miami Airport/Seaport?

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                It goes by your EOD date as a CBPO or legacy position.

Seniority really doesn't count for much though beyond vacation bids, bid and rotation and a few other things.
                This will be my first time transfering federal jobs. Do I keep my 4 years of seniority working for the Fed or does it start anew at CBP? Anyone know?
                Geo: Illinois
                Test Score: 94
                Quals: GS-7
                T.O.: 8/7/2007
                Referred to Schedule EOD

"Theirs not to make reply, Theirs not to reason why, Theirs but to do and die"

Comment

• Originally posted by buenhec
                  The fortune 500 company I work for as a policy DOES NOT disclose any info on their employees. They give you an automated 800# that verifies hire date and pay.

Since this is a DHS job, do they have to disclose? My employer will be very upset and dissapointed I am trying to leave. How will the BI investigator handle this?
                  The answer to you question is no, they don't have to release information or cooperate with the investigation.
                  Last edited by rbakous1; 06-01-2009, 07:57 PM.

Comment

• i just got my letter stating that i qualified for gs-7, one more check in the box!
                    "Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem." President Ronald Reagan.

Comment

• I still haven't been flipped into TSU. What's the deal!?
                      CBPO
                      GEO - NY/JFK
                      TEST - 03/08 (NOR: 04/08)

TO - 01/09
                      PE Forms - Completed
                      Fitness - Completed
                      VBT - 03/09 - Completed
                      Drug Screen - Completed
                      Qual - 05/09 - Completed
                      B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
                      Medical - 05/09 - Completed
                      TSU

EOD: ???
                      FLETC: ???

Comment

• Originally posted by TuffStuffCBP View Post
                        I still haven't been flipped into TSU. What's the deal!?
                        you probably have but Cass hasn't been updated. Check again tomorrow. I have a felling you will be happy.

Comment

• Originally posted by buenhec
                          The fortune 500 company I work for as a policy DOES NOT disclose any info on their employees. They give you an automated 800# that verifies hire date and pay.

Since this is a DHS job, do they have to disclose? My employer will be very upset and dissapointed I am trying to leave. How will the BI investigator handle this?
                          I had the same issue. I just started a new job... a great job at that... and I'm on probation. The last thing I wanted was to have them do my BI and contact my current employer while I am on probation. Fortunately, I was able to get a number for them to call and verify my employment date(s). My BI was not allowed to talk to my supervisor... only a 800 number person who verified the basics because they will not disclose information such as your companies policy is. So what I'm telling you... it's kind of a good thing.

Just my experience.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyHoyle View Post
                            This will be my first time transfering federal jobs. Do I keep my 4 years of seniority working for the Fed or does it start anew at CBP? Anyone know?
                            Yes...and No. It counts as time served for retirement (not on LEO retirement it will be prorated) and RIF's or it may mean a step in pay. It does not count for seniority in bid and rotation, or put you ahead of anyone else you will EOD with.
                            Life is what happens while you are waiting for something better to come along.

Comment

• Originally posted by rbakous1 View Post
                              The answer to you question is no, they don't have to release information or cooperate with the investigation.
                              To further expand on this question, where is the best place to meet with your BI if not at your place of employment? I am in a similar situation as the above applicant. Fortune 500, 1-800 employment hot line, etc. Taking it a little further, my office is actively engaged in "cost containment measures" (aka: looking to reduce cost including layoffs if necessary.) To bring a BI into my office at this time would place a huge target on my back. I have people in my office, including managers that are willing to meet with the BI, but I think bringing the BI to my office could be hazardous to my current income. Especially if CBP goes into a hiring slow down. Would it be best to meet the BI at my house or a neutral location? Is it best to have people come to the meeting location or let the BI go to them?
                              CBPO East Texas
                              TO: 3/3/09
                              Pre-Emp Forms: 3/26/09
                              Fitness: 4/6/09 -Passed
                              Medical: 4/6/09 -Passed
                              VBT: 4/7/09 -Passed
                              Quals: (GS-7) 4/10/09 -Verified
                              Drug Test: 4/17/09 -Passed
                              BI: 8/27/09 -Cleared
                              TSU: 8/27/09
                              FCRA: 05/19/10
                              BI Update: 6/16/10

Comment

• Originally posted by seeOH View Post
                                I had the same issue. I just started a new job... a great job at that... and I'm on probation. The last thing I wanted was to have them do my BI and contact my current employer while I am on probation. Fortunately, I was able to get a number for them to call and verify my employment date(s). My BI was not allowed to talk to my supervisor... only a 800 number person who verified the basics because they will not disclose information such as your companies policy is. So what I'm telling you... it's kind of a good thing.

Just my experience.
                                Good point... had not thought about it that way.
                                CBPO East Texas
                                TO: 3/3/09
                                Pre-Emp Forms: 3/26/09
                                Fitness: 4/6/09 -Passed
                                Medical: 4/6/09 -Passed
                                VBT: 4/7/09 -Passed
                                Quals: (GS-7) 4/10/09 -Verified
                                Drug Test: 4/17/09 -Passed
                                BI: 8/27/09 -Cleared
                                TSU: 8/27/09
                                FCRA: 05/19/10
                                BI Update: 6/16/10

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8624 users online. 301 members and 8323 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X