Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Also I was not granted interim I was given a nopa, appealed. Then was granted found suitable .

Comment

• Is it in the norm to have ur QUALS verified/cleared while still have the Bi pending??? Are they not hand in hand????

Comment

• Originally posted by meskismcbp View Post
        Is it in the norm to have ur QUALS verified/cleared while still have the Bi pending??? Are they not hand in hand????
        Depends on your basis for quals. I had a college degree, above a 3.0 gpa, and an honorable discharge. I sent in transcripts and a DD-214. My quals were one of the first things to clear.
        CBPO East Texas
        TO: 3/3/09
        Pre-Emp Forms: 3/26/09
        Fitness: 4/6/09 -Passed
        Medical: 4/6/09 -Passed
        VBT: 4/7/09 -Passed
        Quals: (GS-7) 4/10/09 -Verified
        Drug Test: 4/17/09 -Passed
        BI: 8/27/09 -Cleared
        TSU: 8/27/09
        FCRA: 05/19/10
        BI Update: 6/16/10

Comment

Is it in the norm to have ur QUALS verified/cleared while still have the Bi pending??? Are they not hand in hand????

No and, no, probably.

Quals usually clear after the BI because the finished BI usually answers any questions about qualifications. There's no reason why they can't clear sooner, especially if one's quals are obvious and somebody happens to be working on quals in the office on that day.

Comment

• Guys, Czech and myself are in some motel few hundred yards from the local CBP office in Northern Virginia... EOD is 8.30 am tomorrow and we're going to walk to work Stay tuned for more updates on what the big day is like. Good luck to all still in the process.
            CBPO Timeline
            Geo: Virginia and D.C. Test: 12/10/08
            NOR: 12/20/08 (86%) TO: 02/02/09
            Forms: 02/11/09 VBT: 02/25/09
            Medical: 03/03/09 Fitness: 03/03/09
            Drug Test: 03/12/09 Qualifications: 03/26/09
            BI: 04/09/09 (my B-day gift!)
            Met with Investigator: 04/15/09 TSU: 04/10/09
            The Call: 05/01/09 10.30am
            EOD: 06/01/09 -- Dulles Airport
            FLETC: 07/01/09 -- Class 957
            Graduation: 10/14/09

Comment

• Originally posted by AmahastPL View Post
              Guys, Czech and myself are in some motel few hundred yards from the local CBP office in Northern Virginia... EOD is 8.30 am tomorrow and we're going to walk to work Stay tuned for more updates on what the big day is like. Good luck to all still in the process.
              Good luck and I hope you have fun! I bet you're excited!

Comment

• anybody here start FLETC on June 11th?

Comment

• I've reached the end of the line in CASS. Referred to EOD as of a couple weeks ago (forgot to check until today). Now waiting for the call for Vermont.
                  CBPO
                  GEO - Vermont
                  Written - 07/08
                  NOR - 08/08 - 99 (no vets)
                  TO - 11/08
                  Forms - 11/08 Completed
                  VBT - 12/08 Completed
                  Fitness / Medical - 12/08 Completed
                  Drug Screen - 1/09 Completed
                  Background - 02/09 met BIs - 04/09 Completed
                  Quals - 05/09 Completed
                  TSU - 05/21/09

Comment

• Originally posted by Cbpstyle View Post
                    Great what about the return to orginal TsU date
                    You only return to your original date if you were removed bc of things expiring (I.E Medical). I was removed from TSU for 3 days b/c of forms not being sent from my current Federal Employer and when they put me back in I lost almost a month's worth of senority. I called TSU and asked for my original date back and they said no.

Comment

• Can any current CBPO's shed some light on the differences between working at a seaport and an airport other than the obvious? I'm lookin at Dulles airport, but it seems like there may be a chance to get Norfolk. Would working at a seaport have more or less action compared to an airport? Do you actually get to interact with people at a seaport or is it strictly cargo? Thanks in advance!
                      Last edited by tippmann87; 06-01-2009, 02:59 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by tippmann87 View Post
                        Can any current CBPO's shed some light on the differences between working at a seaport and an airport other than the obvious? I'm lookin at Dulles airport, but it seems like there may be a chance to get Norfolk. Would working at a seaport have more or less action compared to an airport? Do you actually get to interact with people at a seaport or is it strictly cargo? Thanks in advance!
                        These are generalities, your actual mileage may vary.

Seaport:
                        More cargo.
                        More predictable schedules.
                        More physical work.
                        More laid-back.
                        Less supervision.
                        More time outdoors, driving etc.

Seaports may include hundreds of square miles of docks, marinas, harbors, every inch of the Intra-Coastal waterway, every bonded warehouse, every marine terminal and hundreds of square miles of open sea where ships and other watercraft are subject to Customs and Immigration laws as arriving vessels.

Some seaports process mainly tourist cruise ships, so it's entirely possible to do little more than interact with people. Generally, tourist ships bring tourists...but you'll find the occasional stowaway or odd immigration case awaiting you on a cruise ship too.

Airports:
                        More hectic.
                        More overtime.
                        Probably more enforcement.
                        More immigration.
                        More "booth and stamping".
                        More indoor work.

Airports may also include cargo, and may also include some travel and duties outside the terminal. As a rule, it's more indoor work. Expect to find just about every type of immigration inadmissibility case conceivable. Everything from Expedited Removal, 240 Removal Proceedings, Expedited Removal -Claimed Status hearings, VWP Refusals, Asylum Applicants, and Stowaways.(though you'll probably see more stowaways at the seaport) You'll also see just about any non-immigrants of every variety: tourists, intra-Company (International) transferees (L1 visas), celebrities, athletes, etc... There are also immigrants from nearly every classification, family immigrants, lottery immigrants, work related immigrants.
                        On the Customs side of the house, you'll find drugs, contraband, undeclared currency (both inbound and outbound),

Comment

• I've cleared everything so far and am waiting to be placed in TSU. My TO is for Long Beach/L.A.! I've seen that a few people on here have been waiting in TSU for up to 60 days!!! I was going to plan a trip to Europe for 2 weeks in early July. I don't want to be out of country IF I get "THE CALL!" What would you guys do? I really want to go, but I don't want to miss my call either!!!! I hate choices! LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by tippmann87 View Post
                            You only return to your original date if you were removed bc of things expiring (I.E Medical). I was removed from TSU for 3 days b/c of forms not being sent from my current Federal Employer and when they put me back in I lost almost a month's worth of senority. I called TSU and asked for my original date back and they said no.
                            thanks Tipp, I'll let you know what they say and what my outcome shall be .
                            I hope your wrong thou lol

Comment

I would say that is it normal. MHC did my quals and not my BI. MHC contacted me directly to provide them a copy of my transcript of records and diploma. After a couple of days, they cleared my quals prior to meeting my BI.
                              CBP Officer:
                              TO: 01/2009 (LAX/LGB)
                              EOD: 05/23/2011

Comment

• Originally posted by ZODIAC76 View Post
                                I've cleared everything so far and am waiting to be placed in TSU. My TO is for Long Beach/L.A.! I've seen that a few people on here have been waiting in TSU for up to 60 days!!! I was going to plan a trip to Europe for 2 weeks in early July. I don't want to be out of country IF I get "THE CALL!" What would you guys do? I really want to go, but I don't want to miss my call either!!!! I hate choices! LOL
                                GO on your trip. You are not even in TSU. I have been in TSU for around 40 days and do not expect a call anytime soon

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4792 users online. 223 members and 4569 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X