300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi All

Hey, I am new to this board... I took the CBPO exam in 12/08... I have passed all of the necessary steps so far and just met with the BI last week. I have no idea when the BI will clear but I was just wondering if someone could tell me what the following abbreviations stand for and what part of the process they are:

TSU
    EOD
    FLETC

Also, when I took the exam, I had signed up for posts in the US Virgin Islands. Does anyone have any idea what the likely chances are of getting there? Also, is there another class that starts in August? If so, the heat in Georgia must be unbareable! No? Ahhh!

Thanks,
    Garrett

Comment

• Originally posted by Gbeck422 View Post
      Hey, I am new to this board... I took the CBPO exam in 12/08... I have passed all of the necessary steps so far and just met with the BI last week. I have no idea when the BI will clear but I was just wondering if someone could tell me what the following abbreviations stand for and what part of the process they are:

TSU
      EOD
      FLETC

Also, when I took the exam, I had signed up for posts in the US Virgin Islands. Does anyone have any idea what the likely chances are of getting there? Also, is there another class that starts in August? If so, the heat in Georgia must be unbareable! No? Ahhh!

Thanks,
      Garrett
      TSU-Training Selection Unit. Its when everything is clear/completed you are in another pool to be sent to FLETC...
      FLETC-Federal Law Enforcement Training Center-Glynco, Georgia
      EOD-Thats your first day on the job I believe...not to clear if its at FLETC or your GEO pref....

Comment

• Originally posted by meskismcbp View Post
        TSU-Training Selection Unit. Its when everything is clear/completed you are in another pool to be sent to FLETC...
        FLETC-Federal Law Enforcement Training Center-Glynco, Georgia
        EOD-Thats your first day on the job I believe...not to clear if its at FLETC or your GEO pref....
        TSU - Training and Scheduling Unit
        EOD - Entrance On Duty = First Day at work
        CBPO
        Written: 08/29/2007
        EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Well guys, I got an email from IA this morning to call them concerning my BI. I called and the lady asked when my shoplifting case was because my investigator didnt write it down or something. So I told her it was when I was about 10. THen she said everything is great and thats all she needed and she will clear it and her supervisor should clear it this afternoon then off to HR it goes.

I asked her how long she's been on my file and she said she didnt know.

Hope that helps/eases someone out there. I know I sound like a wuss but Im hoping they'll send me to EOD in like mid Aug then FLETC in mid to late Sep so hopefully the heat'll ease up a bit.
          Test: 12/8/08
          EOD: June 22, 2009
          Class 960
          FLETC Graduation Date: October 28, 2009

Comment

• Originally posted by Draven27 View Post
            Well guys, I got an email from IA this morning to call them concerning my BI. I called and the lady asked when my shoplifting case was because my investigator didnt write it down or something. So I told her it was when I was about 10. THen she said everything is great and thats all she needed and she will clear it and her supervisor should clear it this afternoon then off to HR it goes.

I asked her how long she's been on my file and she said she didnt know.

Hope that helps/eases someone out there. I know I sound like a wuss but Im hoping they'll send me to EOD in like mid Aug then FLETC in mid to late Sep so hopefully the heat'll ease up a bit.
            Give it at least 30 days to go through everyone and then show up on CASS. The "clear" she mentioned was finishing with your file, they are not allowed to tell applicants their suitability findings, but if you never received a NOPA you should be good to go "NO WORRIES". You might get your wish of heading to FLETC after August!...
            CBPO
            Written: 08/29/2007
            EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
              Give it at least 30 days to go through everyone and then show up on CASS. The "clear" she mentioned was finishing with your file, they are not allowed to tell applicants their suitability findings, but if you never received a NOPA you should be good to go "NO WORRIES". You might get your wish of heading to FLETC after August!...
              Dang NOPA...I recieved that crap!!! GEEZ!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
                Some people don't know. If you've ever been to boot camp or a city police department academy, you can't just stroll around with anything you want.
                I think FLETC is going to be as bad as Basic.

Comment

• Chances are, if you haven't been picked up by now, that you'll likely won't be seeing FLETC before September.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                    Chances are, if you haven't been picked up by now, that you'll likely won't be seeing FLETC before September.
                    Speaking of FLETC...anybody ever heard of FLETC being the FLECTC SWING??? Merlin...when the fiscal year end/start???

Comment

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
                      So how much time did they give you to clear up your report? Also, how long since your reply regarding your suitability did they contact you?
                      I was told to jump on it now. He's giving me between 30-60 days for everything to be complete. Also said it will look better when I meet with the BI.

I received a letter March 09 in the mail saying they may find me unsuitable without an explanation (was that a NOPA?). I replied back with my explanation (clarification) mid April. So its been about 30 days from when I replied to when I received a call last week May.

Can someone tell me the purpose of meeting with the BI? Is it so they can put a face to the story?
                      Test: November 2008
                      TO: 12/26/08
                      Qualifications: 1/09/09-completed
                      VBT 1/21/09-completed
                      Medical - 1/22/09 - cleared 3/09
                      Fitness - 1/22/09 - completed
                      Drug test - 7/1/2009 completed
                      BI - 6/22/2009 Met with Investigator
                      TSU- Referred to Schedule 12/1/2009

Geographic Location- San Francisco/Oakland Airport

Comment

• I find it odd that my qualifications got completed before i got my VBT results and even meeting with the BI or even start my background.

Is there a reasonable explanation to that?

CBPO
                        * EXAM: 3/3/09
                        * NOR: 3/9/09 (95%)
                        * TO: MID APRIL
                        * PRE-EMPLOYMENT FORMS: 4/16/09COMPLETED
                        * MEDICAL/PHYSICAL: 5/1/09 COMPLETED
                        * DRUG TEST: 5/14/09 COMPLETED
                        * VBT: 6/15/09 :COMPLETED
                        *QUALIFICATION: 5/28/09 (GS-7) COMPLETED
                        *BI: 6/11/09 COMPLETED
                        *!!THE CALL!!: 6/16/09
                        *EOD: 6/29/09

*FLETC: CLASS 961 7/23 - 11/04

BPA
                        *EXAM: 4/16/09 (86%)
                        *TO: ???

ICE IEA
                        *EXAM: 6/11/09 PASSED (Not interested anymore )

Comment

• Originally posted by meskismcbp View Post
                          Speaking of FLETC...anybody ever heard of FLETC being the FLECTC SWING??? Merlin...when the fiscal year end/start???
                          September 30...end of FY.
                          October 01...start of FY.

Comment

• Originally posted by PureLife23 View Post
                            I find it odd that my qualifications got completed before i got my VBT results and even meeting with the BI or even start my background.

Theirs no Rhyme or Reason. Dont ask just accept it lol

Comment

• Well, with the current news about a possible "Hiring Freeze", I was wondering if its still possible to receive a new TO if I reapplied under the last announcement even though I'm currently in TSU for Montana?
                              CBPO
                              GEO-Montana
                              TEST- 12/08
                              NOR- 1/09 (91 no vet)
                              TO-1/09
                              Med/Fit- 5/09
                              B.I. 3/09
                              VBT-3/09
                              Quals(GS-7)-3/09
                              Referred to TSU-5/22/09
                              EOD-6/22/09
                              FLETC-7/16/09-10/28/09

Comment

• Originally posted by PureLife23 View Post
                                I find it odd that my qualifications got completed before i got my VBT results and even meeting with the BI or even start my background.

My quals cleared before my VBT, and i still havent met with a BI investigator. Im just waiting on my medical to clear, and hopefully the investigator will contact me soon.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10356 users online. 413 members and 9943 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X