300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by drcapp View Post
    You have to be at least 21 years of age to be carrying around a Gatorade bottle. Are you serious with that question?
    Heh. I am serious with that question. I don't know how militant the training is. I'm pretty sure that in basic you cant just be running around with a bright red bottle while doing PT.

Is it casual?
    CBPO
    GEO - NY/JFK
    TEST - 03/08 (NOR: 04/08)

TO - 01/09
    PE Forms - Completed
    Fitness - Completed
    VBT - 03/09 - Completed
    Drug Screen - Completed
    Qual - 05/09 - Completed
    B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
    Medical - 05/09 - Completed
    TSU

EOD: ???
    FLETC: ???

Comment

• Originally posted by TuffStuffCBP View Post
      Heh. I am serious with that question. I don't know how militant the training is. I'm pretty sure that in basic you cant just be running around with a bright red bottle while doing PT.

Is it casual?
      Yeah, PT, etc. is water bottle central. Walking to/from class and that sort of thing, gatorade is fine.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
        Yes.

[ATTACH]4282[/ATTACH]
        Has anyone figured out what exactly they're going to do yet? I guess I can see some kind of high risk enforcement boardings at seaports, but we don't really get a whole lot of barricaded gunman type calls.

Comment

• Originally posted by neflcop View Post
          Anybody that tested resently, check application manager. I tested 4/29 in Jax and my scores are finally there.
          Aww... I was so excited. I took the test with you in Jax, but mine still shows nothing

Comment

• Originally posted by jbyrjax View Post
            Aww... I was so excited. I took the test with you in Jax, but mine still shows nothing
            I figured that they uploaded everyone's score at once, but apparently not. Hang in there it should be there soon.

Comment

I actually have an illness that causes my body to be incapable of retaining sodium without medication. I'm going to have to find a way around that by doubling up and buying truck loads of gatorade. As the Lord would have it, if I am called it will most likely be at the beggining of August.

Does anyone know if Gatorade can be carried around everywhere with you?
              Wait, your medical actually got cleared with a condition like that? Did they mention anything about it or did they just straight up clear you?

Comment

• Originally posted by tippmann87 View Post
                Wait, your medical actually got cleared with a condition like that? Did they mention anything about it or did they just straight up clear you?
                Sure - It took a long time to clear. I'm in ok shape, I can run, I just have to be careful. If they can pass the colorblind, or diabetics, they can pass me.

Addisons should probably disqualify someone for BP because salt loss and physical stress is an everyday part of the job, but everybody is different.
                Last edited by TuffStuffCBP; 05-29-2009, 11:23 AM.
                CBPO
                GEO - NY/JFK

TO - 01/09
                PE Forms - Completed
                Fitness - Completed
                VBT - 03/09 - Completed
                Drug Screen - Completed
                Qual - 05/09 - Completed
                B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
                TSU

Comment

• How soon after everything cleared in CASS does the screen change with a TSU date?
                  CBPO
                  GEO - NY/JFK

TO - 01/09
                  PE Forms - Completed
                  Fitness - Completed
                  VBT - 03/09 - Completed
                  Drug Screen - Completed
                  Qual - 05/09 - Completed
                  B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
                  TSU

Comment

How soon after everything cleared in CASS does the screen change with a TSU date?
                    If CASS says everything has been met than few days....CASS usually updates Tues and Thurs.........

Comment

How soon after everything cleared in CASS does the screen change with a TSU date?
                      For me it was the next day. Never saw a green check next to quals just straight to TSU after my Bi cleared.

Comment

• Originally posted by La Migra View Post
                        Has anyone figured out what exactly they're going to do yet? I guess I can see some kind of high risk enforcement boardings at seaports, but we don't really get a whole lot of barricaded gunman type calls.

Well...I'm no expert on the SRT but...no, I haven't much on just what exactly the SRT team is supposed to do...expecially in such "hot spots" as Sweetgrass, MT, I-Falls, MN, Highgate, VT and like places.

Comment

• Originally posted by imlikeaninja View Post
                          For me it was the next day. Never saw a green check next to quals just straight to TSU after my Bi cleared.
                          Thanks - I'll just wait and see how soon it is - it's good practice for me.

As an aside; Are you in TSU for JFK or still for Philly?
                          CBPO
                          GEO - NY/JFK

TO - 01/09
                          PE Forms - Completed
                          Fitness - Completed
                          VBT - 03/09 - Completed
                          Drug Screen - Completed
                          Qual - 05/09 - Completed
                          B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
                          TSU

Comment

Thanks - I'll just wait and see how soon it is - it's good practice for me.

As an aside; Are you in TSU for JFK or still for Philly?
                            Currently in TSU for NY Other (A.K.A. Canada) and nervously hoping I get a TO soon for JFK.
                            Last edited by imlikeaninja; 05-29-2009, 01:12 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by DirtStyx View Post
                              Nappy
                              Everyone else had great advice for getting ready for it. But I lived and worked construction in that same area for a long time and a frequently overlooked aspect of heat/humidity is sodium replacement. When you get down there, don't forget that you don't just sweat water, you lose sodium and that can lead to serious trouble. I know there are drinks and special pills, but I always just dumped the salt packets from McDonalds in my mouth and chased it with water. I'm sure you can find a healthier replacement, but it is an important aspect of dealing with humidity. Good luck.
                              Don't forget the potassium. A banana a day will help out plenty.
                              Last edited by RobRok; 05-29-2009, 01:17 PM.

Comment

• I took the CBP test a month ago and I've heard nothing. I took the FBI test last week and was just notified I passed. Ha!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8406 users online. 436 members and 7970 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X