• Originally posted by gbtt04 View Post
    Anyone know if CBP OFO has an SRT team?
    Yes.

w_t_f.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
      Yes.

[ATTACH]4282[/ATTACH]
      Oh man, when the SRT announcement hit the port a while back, anyone who applied had a nice color print out of that in their mail box.

Comment

• I'm running a 14 min 1.5 on Long Island in the late spring. Glynco is going to bust my gasket. I've got to really soup it up.
        CBPO
        GEO - NY/JFK
        TEST - 03/08 (NOR: 04/08)

TO - 01/09
        PE Forms - Completed
        Fitness - Completed
        VBT - 03/09 - Completed
        Drug Screen - Completed
        Qual - 05/09 - Completed
        B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
        Medical - 05/09 - Completed
        TSU

EOD: ???
        FLETC: ???

Comment

• Originally posted by robeans View Post
          Oh man, when the SRT announcement hit the port a while back, anyone who applied had a nice color print out of that in their mail box.
          That is quite the pic.

I had it up as the screen saver on one of the primary computers awhile back, before they took away my "right" to adjust things like screensavers and the like.

Comment

• Originally posted by FreeAgent View Post
            Gotta say Pre-Academy at SFO is pretty sweet how they run it! They don't you rush you thru the VLC and your fellow co-workers don't make you feel uncomfortable. So far I'm enjoying it there! The only crappy part is I'm driving about 5hrs a day too an from work. Well worth it though!!!
            Dude that is sweet! At least I know I can look forward to nice co-workers that won't treat you like a dumb booter.I can't wait to start! I'll commute wherever they want me to! Do they need more people ??? I keep reading about hiring freeze's and whatnot. I was curious if when this "hiring freeze" ends, could I expect a call soon. Til then I'm gonna start school and collect my $1700 in BAH. But I much rather be in your shoes! Good luck!
            Geo Area: SFO/OAK
            Written: 08/23/08- 92 (87+5)
            NOR: 09/2008
            TO: 09/25/08
            Medical/Physical:10/08,09/09,10/09
            Drug Test: 11/2008
            Oral Board: 12/03/08
            BI: 03/12/2009 (Initiated 10/2008)
            Qualifications: 03/17/09
            Referred to TSU:03/19/09

IEA Agent
            Geo Area: San Francisco County
            Written:05/26/09
            T.O.:08/28/09
            Pre-Employment Forms Sent To DSC: 09/11/09
            Medical/Fitness:11/02/09
            Interview:PASSED on 11/16/09

Comment

Gotta say Pre-Academy at SFO is pretty sweet how they run it! They don't you rush you thru the VLC and your fellow co-workers don't make you feel uncomfortable. So far I'm enjoying it there! The only crappy part is I'm driving about 5hrs a day too an from work. Well worth it though!!!
              Hey freeagent, glad to hear that your enjoying the job. What kind of schedule are you on for work shifts? Also is there any O.T. being offered right now? As of today I am going on day 70 in TSU for S.F. Also, are you able to use Bart for daily travel for work? Let’s hope the calls start going out for S.F. soon. Good luck with everything. Keep us up on how the job is going.

Comment

There is only one individual I observed today doing VLC... I think I know who you are now. Like I said before, enjoy VLC because the mail facility is really something.. Other then that, welcome aboard!
                Last edited by Bizzy930; 05-29-2009, 03:09 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by nappy1380 View Post
                  I'm looking for a little input/advice from the northeastern guys on this. What can you recommend, conditioning wise, to get ready for the heat/humidity of the South?

I've been running for well over 6 months and have no issues with the Buffalo weather (0-30 degrees in winter) but I know FLETC conditions are going to be a whole new monster. Anyone input would be appreciated.
                  Nappy
                  Everyone else had great advice for getting ready for it. But I lived and worked construction in that same area for a long time and a frequently overlooked aspect of heat/humidity is sodium replacement. When you get down there, don't forget that you don't just sweat water, you lose sodium and that can lead to serious trouble. I know there are drinks and special pills, but I always just dumped the salt packets from McDonalds in my mouth and chased it with water. I'm sure you can find a healthier replacement, but it is an important aspect of dealing with humidity. Good luck.

Comment

• Anybody that tested resently, check application manager. I tested 4/29 in Jax and my scores are finally there.

Comment

• Originally posted by DirtStyx View Post
                      Nappy
                      Everyone else had great advice for getting ready for it. But I lived and worked construction in that same area for a long time and a frequently overlooked aspect of heat/humidity is sodium replacement. When you get down there, don't forget that you don't just sweat water, you lose sodium and that can lead to serious trouble. I know there are drinks and special pills, but I always just dumped the salt packets from McDonalds in my mouth and chased it with water. I'm sure you can find a healthier replacement, but it is an important aspect of dealing with humidity. Good luck.
                      I actually have an illness that causes my body to be incapable of retaining sodium without medication. I'm going to have to find a way around that by doubling up and buying truck loads of gatorade. As the Lord would have it, if I am called it will most likely be at the beggining of August.

Does anyone know if Gatorade can be carried around everywhere with you?
                      CBPO
                      GEO - NY/JFK
                      TEST - 03/08 (NOR: 04/08)

TO - 01/09
                      PE Forms - Completed
                      Fitness - Completed
                      VBT - 03/09 - Completed
                      Drug Screen - Completed
                      Qual - 05/09 - Completed
                      B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
                      Medical - 05/09 - Completed
                      TSU

EOD: ???
                      FLETC: ???

Comment

• Originally posted by 1Lnation View Post
                        I agree with you I was in the same situation regarding unsuitability. I explained the situation and it made logical sense. Got an unexpected phone call over the weekend from DC. Went pretty well just said I needed to work on a few financial issues on my credit report before the full investigation is complete. It was a relief that I wasn't just dropped.
                        So how much time did they give you to clear up your report? Also, how long since your reply regarding your suitability did they contact you?

Comment

• Originally posted by TuffStuffCBP View Post
                          I actually have an illness that causes my body to be incapable of retaining sodium without medication. I'm going to have to find a way around that by doubling up and buying truck loads of gatorade. As the Lord would have it, if I am called it will most likely be at the beggining of August.

You have to be at least 21 years of age to be carrying around a Gatorade bottle. Are you serious with that question?

Comment

• Originally posted by TuffStuffCBP View Post

Dr. Gatorade

Comment

• Originally posted by drcapp View Post
                              You have to be at least 21 years of age to be carrying around a Gatorade bottle. Are you serious with that question?
                              Some people don't know. If you've ever been to boot camp or a city police department academy, you can't just stroll around with anything you want.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bizzy930 View Post
                                There is only one individual I observed today doing VLC... I think I know who you are now. Like I said before, enjoy VLC because the mail facility is really something.. Other then that, welcome aboard!
                                Yep, that be me! Right on, well come on over an say what's up man introduce yourself. Unless you wana be a spook hiding in the corners...LOL Well I'm not going to go over what the hiring is like been recently. Just read Bizzy930 post and that should give a idea. Hope to see some of you guys in the near future hang in there, your time will come as well fellas.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12728 users online. 482 members and 12246 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X