300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Federalyhood View Post
    Is this a coincidence...my best frien is trying to join the army as an 88 Mike...you won't believe what his recruiter just told him..."you have to wait till October because there is to many people joining the Army at this point"...The Army...how do you like them apples..I'm a veteran this is the firts time I heard such thing!...I guess DC is just waiting to see how they are going to do this budget thing.
    yeah, they just eliminated signing bonuses because they are having too many sign up. Gotta love this economy!

Comment

• Originally posted by ZODIAC76 View Post
      My medical FINALLY cleared today too!! I called yesterday and left a message for them and today they left a message saying me hearing issuse had been resolved!! TSU here I come!!! Wooohooo!!!
      If it is not too personal, what was your hearing issue you needed to have resolved? I have an appointment next week with my audiologist due to not meeting the hearing guidelines for the position and am afraid of not passing.

Comment

• I guess this will just give me more time to get ready for the day that they call for me to go to the Academy.

Here is an idea to stimulate the economy. Do something about these retarded gas prices . Stop giving money out to these big companies that dont know how to manage money.

ok enough political talk, just needed to vent that out lol.
        CBPO
        Written: ~06-08
        T.O.: 3-09
        Pre-employment forms: 3-09 Completed
        Fitness: 4-09 Completed
        Medical: 4-09 Completed
        VBT: 3-09 Completed
        Drug test: 3-09 Completed
        Quals: 4-09 Completed
        B.I.: 08-06-09 Completed
        Geo Pref: SW - Texas/NM (Took El Paso, TX)
        TSU:08-07-09
        EOD:08-17-09
        FLETC:Sept 10 - Dec 30

"While watching you through the scope of my rifle, all I can say is: "You can run but you WILL die tired""

Comment

• is there are email address for the HQ Security Office?

Comment

• can people with T.O.s make swaps?

CBPO
            * EXAM: 3/3/09
            * NOR: 3/9/09 (95%)
            * TO: MID APRIL
            * PRE-EMPLOYMENT FORMS: 4/16/09COMPLETED
            * MEDICAL/PHYSICAL: 5/1/09 COMPLETED
            * DRUG TEST: 5/14/09 COMPLETED
            * VBT: 6/15/09 :COMPLETED
            *QUALIFICATION: 5/28/09 (GS-7) COMPLETED
            *BI: 6/11/09 COMPLETED
            *!!THE CALL!!: 6/16/09
            *EOD: 6/29/09

*FLETC: CLASS 961 7/23 - 11/04

BPA
            *EXAM: 4/16/09 (86%)
            *TO: ???

ICE IEA
            *EXAM: 6/11/09 PASSED (Not interested anymore )

Comment

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
              Well stay positive. As me and Yoda always say, as long as you still show up in CASS, you're still in the running. I have nothing to back this up, but it's my opinion that any unsuitablility issue is beatable, since they did give you the opportunity. If you were disqualified, they would have just straight dropped you or ask you to withdraw. Anyone have any opinions on this?
              I agree with you I was in the same situation regarding unsuitability. I explained the situation and it made logical sense. Got an unexpected phone call over the weekend from DC. Went pretty well just said I needed to work on a few financial issues on my credit report before the full investigation is complete. It was a relief that I wasn't just dropped.
              Test: November 2008
              TO: 12/26/08
              Qualifications: 1/09/09-completed
              VBT 1/21/09-completed
              Medical - 1/22/09 - cleared 3/09
              Fitness - 1/22/09 - completed
              Drug test - 7/1/2009 completed
              BI - 6/22/2009 Met with Investigator
              TSU- Referred to Schedule 12/1/2009

Geographic Location- San Francisco/Oakland Airport

Comment

• I went to the Airforce last week and they told me they were full. I'm am considering joining the reserves while I wait for everything to clear.
                Last edited by 1Lnation; 05-28-2009, 07:23 PM.
                VBT 1/21/09-completed

Comment

• Hope everyone is keeping up with there conditioning!!!! Since there is a long wait now, I will take the opportunity to pick up where I left off....I've been slacking the past few weeks.

Hate to get the call and cant get pass FLETC!
                  Last edited by 1Lnation; 05-28-2009, 09:28 PM.
                  VBT 1/21/09-completed

Comment

• Originally posted by PureLife23 View Post
                    can people with T.O.s make swaps?
                    I'm not sure exactly what all you mean or how you'd go about it, but...probably.

Whether you can(as in possible) and whether there's much of a likelihood of it happening are usually two very different things in this agency. I'll be guessing that as a practical matter there are very few swaps happening pre-hire, or at the academy, or at anytime while on probation...even when they're possible.

Comment

• I'm looking for a little input/advice from the northeastern guys on this. What can you recommend, conditioning wise, to get ready for the heat/humidity of the South?

I've been running for well over 6 months and have no issues with the Buffalo weather (0-30 degrees in winter) but I know FLETC conditions are going to be a whole new monster. Anyone input would be appreciated.

Comment

• Originally posted by nappy1380 View Post
                        I'm looking for a little input/advice from the northeastern guys on this. What can you recommend, conditioning wise, to get ready for the heat/humidity of the South?

I've been running for well over 6 months and have no issues with the Buffalo weather (0-30 degrees in winter) but I know FLETC conditions are going to be a whole new monster. Anyone input would be appreciated.
                        Run. Then run some more. Repeat 3X's a week until Glynco.

Get your 1.5 run time well below 12:00 minutes.

If you're running an 11 minute 1.5 anywhere in the US, running a 14 minute 1.5 in Brunswick under any conditions you'll likely see probably won't be all that much of an issue.

Comment

• Originally posted by nappy1380 View Post
                          I'm looking for a little input/advice from the northeastern guys on this. What can you recommend, conditioning wise, to get ready for the heat/humidity of the South?

I guess you could try rolling a treadmill into a sauna. Then, release some mosquitoes and no-see-ums and have at it.

All kidding aside, if your gym has a sauna, you may try doing some cardio in there. Even just pushups and situps or jumping rope would help get you acclimated.

When I took my police academy PT test upon arrival in the South, I barely passed the 1.5m run. I had been doing it up North with minutes to spare.

It really is a shock to the system in this hot humid South.

Comment

• Gotta say Pre-Academy at SFO is pretty sweet how they run it! They don't you rush you thru the VLC and your fellow co-workers don't make you feel uncomfortable. So far I'm enjoying it there! The only crappy part is I'm driving about 5hrs a day too an from work. Well worth it though!!!

Comment

• Anyone know if CBP OFO has an SRT team?

Comment

• Originally posted by Thoughtless View Post
                                If it is not too personal, what was your hearing issue you needed to have resolved? I have an appointment next week with my audiologist due to not meeting the hearing guidelines for the position and am afraid of not passing.

Not personal at all. I didn't meet the requirement for the hearing the first time either. I went to an audiologist and took a series of test. I was told I have minimal hearing loss but not enough for a hearing aid. He told me it was nerve damage that could have happened 20 years ago b/c of a high fever or 5 months ago with loud noise such as shooting with no ear plugs. I figured it was when I was a kid and I always had a lot of ear aches. The doc. always had to put antibiotics in my ear. Anyway, I took the series of test and I managed to pass. Barely but I did. I was told no more concerts w/o ear plugs and no lound noise w/o ear protection...blah,blah,blah. He was laid back and VERY understanding about my situation. I say do your best and don't worry about it too much! The strange part is that I NEVER even noticed I had a problem with my ears. Still don't notice any differences. Oh well. GOOD LUCK!!!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10395 users online. 502 members and 9893 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X