Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBP officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by barnaj View Post
    Come on guys/gals, everyone is entitled to an opinion. And everyone has a different situation and different variables surrounding their case. As for me, most of you know that i already did all this, went to fletc and am re-applying now. Does it matter to me who did what or says what? Not really. Im just waiting patiently as ever, to see what my fate is, for good or for bad. Along the way i like to chime in, tell a few jokes and try to give insightful advice. We are all in the same boat. Remember some of these "screen names" may turn out to be your best pal at fletc.
    +1 +1 +1
    These hands need your guidance!

    Comment


    • Originally posted by JDNoble81 View Post
      B - whats the latest?
      If you mean me, not much. Haven't had any contact. As usual MHC knows nothing, and dont want to start contacting IA or anything just yet. Just watching the grass grow.

      Comment


      • I have successfully passed everything and should be reffered to
        TSU any day now!!!!

        I have hurried up and waited. I can't wait to wait until the end of summer!
        CBPO
        GEO - NY/JFK
        TEST - 03/08 (NOR: 04/08)

        TO - 01/09
        PE Forms - Completed
        Fitness - Completed
        VBT - 03/09 - Completed
        Drug Screen - Completed
        Qual - 05/09 - Completed
        B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
        Medical - 05/09 - Completed
        TSU


        EOD: ???
        FLETC: ???

        Comment


        • Originally posted by barnaj View Post
          I agree Yoda. For guys like us who have been waiting 20 years for one reason or another, this is actually time where progress can be made on our files without the rest of the world getting hired. Dont sweat it guys, its either a money thing or a re-adjustment of fletc scheduling to make it less crowded, i'd imagine. Either way, it'll pick up again.
          Ive been in the process for a good minute. I took the written in August. I recieved my results long after I took the test. So long that I almost just gave up hoping for the next step. Shortyly after I recieved my NOR everything started to roll. I was notified to take the physical, medical and drug within the same month. All have been cleared. Shortly after that I recieved a letter saying that I needed to clarify certain issues that made me unsuitable. I explained to D.C. in a short and straight to the point of what they requested. I have yet to hear anything about what I wrote to them. Then after that I met with my BI. I spoke to my BI in different states( in Northern Va and also my BI here in Florida) they both said they have sent the paper in. So all I am doing is waiting just like the rest of the hopefuls. Now Im reading the past threads and all I see is "FREEZE" topics. Not feeling so hopeful as we speak. Thanks to YODA/MERLIN for the knowledge!!!! Well I'll continue to read this forum....GOOD FORTUNE to all that wait!!! PEACE AND IM OUT!!!

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Reapplied View Post
            I'm sorry to say this but, your background is holding you up and if IA didn't see a need for all these people looking at your file then you would be "IN" like the rest of us, but you are suffering because of what you did or what came up in your investigation, No one else is to blame for your case. I say this because you are so bitter, you give us advice but let go of so much hate you have for IA. I actually thank them for deeply checking in peoples files because some folks out there are making CBP/DHS look disgraceful.
            You don't know much do you? Your couple of months at the academy or whatever it was doesn't qualify you do adjudicate backgrouds via a web forum.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Reapplied View Post
              I guess that's why you haven't made it to fletc..Honestly if you don't have anything in your background whether minor or major IA will have no right to keep investigating you, It must be something you don't know about.
              Or it could be that the file slipped under a pile of garbage on someone's desk. Or Johnny Adjudicator doesn't like the color of the sticky on the file so they hide it. Or it could be that the adjudicators are not super high speed "Special Agents" and are muddling through thousands of files. Again, you aren't qualified to adjudicate from your desktop.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by meskismcbp View Post
                Ive been in the process for a good minute. I took the written in August. I recieved my results long after I took the test. So long that I almost just gave up hoping for the next step. Shortyly after I recieved my NOR everything started to roll. I was notified to take the physical, medical and drug within the same month. All have been cleared. Shortly after that I recieved a letter saying that I needed to clarify certain issues that made me unsuitable. I explained to D.C. in a short and straight to the point of what they requested. I have yet to hear anything about what I wrote to them. Then after that I met with my BI. I spoke to my BI in different states( in Northern Va and also my BI here in Florida) they both said they have sent the paper in. So all I am doing is waiting just like the rest of the hopefuls. Now Im reading the past threads and all I see is "FREEZE" topics. Not feeling so hopeful as we speak. Thanks to YODA/MERLIN for the knowledge!!!! Well I'll continue to read this forum....GOOD FORTUNE to all that wait!!! PEACE AND IM OUT!!!
                Well stay positive. As me and Yoda always say, as long as you still show up in CASS, you're still in the running. I have nothing to back this up, but it's my opinion that any unsuitablility issue is beatable, since they did give you the opportunity. If you were disqualified, they would have just straight dropped you or ask you to withdraw. Anyone have any opinions on this?

                Comment


                • Originally posted by barnaj View Post
                  Well stay positive. As me and Yoda always say, as long as you still show up in CASS, you're still in the running. I have nothing to back this up, but it's my opinion that any unsuitablility issue is beatable, since they did give you the opportunity. If you were disqualified, they would have just straight dropped you or ask you to withdraw. Anyone have any opinions on this?
                  Thanks bro! Yeah they wanted clarification on WAAAAY back in the day past credit issues. All associated with my ex-wife....and a traffic violation. Other than that, yes I am still in CASS and no they have not asked me to withdraw my app....so as they say "no news is good news."

                  Comment


                  • Talking about the NOR for all of us who took the test from last announcement I have a Buddy of mines who took it a day before I did on 4/29/09 just received his Yesterday. I know the MHC main number said they will be sent on the 1st week of June but this friend of mines some how got his. I guess some are starting to get mail or just the one who didn't pass. Sad to say he failed the test.
                    CBPO-MIA/FL
                    Written: 4/30/09
                    NOR: 6/01/09 (82%)
                    TO: pending

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by meskismcbp View Post
                      Thanks bro! Yeah they wanted clarification on WAAAAY back in the day past credit issues. All associated with my ex-wife....and a traffic violation. Other than that, yes I am still in CASS and no they have not asked me to withdraw my app....so as they say "no news is good news."


                      Can my Wife credit issues affect me? I hope they only look at the applicant in the process not his/her spouse background too. My wife and I got nothing to hide but yeah credit may have some Issue more on her side.
                      CBPO-MIA/FL
                      Written: 4/30/09
                      NOR: 6/01/09 (82%)
                      TO: pending

                      Comment


                      • I e-mailed TSU to ask about my situation and also to ask about the "Freeze" and this was the response I got.

                        "I have heard of no hiring freeze we continue to ship people to training."

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by OZ-82 View Post
                          Can my Wife credit issues affect me? I hope they only look at the applicant in the process not his/her spouse background too. My wife and I got nothing to hide but yeah credit may have some Issue more on her side.
                          If it is before you were married, i doubt it. If it was a joint account or line of credit, i would think so.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by imlikeaninja View Post
                            I e-mailed TSU to ask about my situation and also to ask about the "Freeze" and this was the response I got.

                            "I have heard of no hiring freeze we continue to ship people to training."
                            Lesson learned: Ask 10 different people, get 10 different answers.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by barnaj View Post
                              Lesson learned: Ask 10 different people, get 10 different answers.
                              True.
                              I can't believe that the guy from training & scheduling unit would use such loaded words as "hiring freeze". He's toying with our emotions.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by barnaj View Post
                                Lesson learned: Ask 10 different people, get 10 different answers.
                                So Ninja...you called TSU and they said they are still shipping huh...Good news....

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 12426 users online. 456 members and 11970 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X