Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone heard of or know of someone who "turned down an offer from TSU" for whatever reason. Re-applied and was hired later for a different location?

Comment

• Originally posted by bpyankees2 View Post
      It's no secret that they're at the end of the fiscal year. The new one starts in October. I can't see why a potential freeze would go on after they get a new budget.
      Well... if I was to guess I would say the hiring freeze is related to the economic problems we're having in D.C.. We are broke as a nation and borrowing money left and right. What certain departments were allocated was cut and cannot be promised anymore. It'll be interesting to see what exactly happens... especially since Homeland was suppose to get an increase in their budget compared to last year. I guess that's gone out the window too?!

Ha, maybe if China buys more bonds we'll get jobs haha

Comment

• Originally posted by JDNoble81 View Post
        So does this possible freeze affect people waiting for a TO or those in TSU.. or both?

Its hard to believe that new classes will cease from now until October.

Comment

• Didn't you just recieve an EOD date last week? Has the Freeze started over the past 2 days?

I don't buy it. The guy in Florida might have been mistaken.
          CBPO
          GEO - NY/JFK
          TEST - 03/08 (NOR: 04/08)

TO - 01/09
          PE Forms - Completed
          Fitness - Completed
          VBT - 03/09 - Completed
          Drug Screen - Completed
          Qual - 05/09 - Completed
          B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
          Medical - 05/09 - Completed
          TSU

EOD: ???
          FLETC: ???

Comment

• Originally posted by TuffStuffCBP View Post
            Didn't you just recieve an EOD date last week? Has the Freeze started over the past 2 days?

I don't buy it. The guy in Florida might have been mistaken.
            I hope the guy I talked to in TSU had bad info. A couple posts back I told you the entire conversation. Don't blame me, I'm just stating what "R" told me from TSU.

That's also why I asked someone else to call TSU and see if they get the same answer.
            Luck is where preparation meets opportunity. - Seneca

Comment

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
              No, in a typical CBP enviornment you won't be wearing an earpiece. I cant speak for every possible scenario at avery single POE, but it shouldn't cause you any problems.
              3/4's of my port wear them. It's a very good thing, especially in a passenger processing environment. You don't want Johnny traveler hearing what we are saying about him.

Comment

• I hope you're right TuffStuff! I'm sure they'll put recruits through but it'll be at a snail's pace until they get more funding. We'll just have to wait and see how many people here get EOD's! Please post if you do get an EOD!

Comment

• So does this possible freeze affect people waiting for a TO or those in TSU.. or both?

Its hard to believe that new classes will cease from now until October.
                  imlikeaninja,
                  Why are you asking the same thing if you already have a EOD (of 5 days ago)?

Comment

• Rumor has it that the MHC tells people that there is a hiring freeze when the candidate is no longer viable in order to save the paper and postage!

Just kidding. See how easily rumors are started.
                    CBPO
                    GEO - NY/JFK
                    TEST - 03/08 (NOR: 04/08)

TO - 01/09
                    PE Forms - Completed
                    Fitness - Completed
                    VBT - 03/09 - Completed
                    Drug Screen - Completed
                    Qual - 05/09 - Completed
                    B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
                    Medical - 05/09 - Completed
                    TSU

EOD: ???
                    FLETC: ???

Comment

• Really?! Omg!

Lmao

Comment

• Originally posted by davidB. View Post
                        imlikeaninja,
                        Why are you asking the same thing if you already have a EOD (of 5 days ago)?
                        What I really want to know is If I will get a New TO after reapplying before getting "the call" based on my current TO.

Just freaking out a little because I don't want to get booted out of the system. I really need this job and sooner would be better than later as my wife is pregnant. I would rather not be at FLETC when my baby is born or leave my wife at home for 4 months with a newborn and a 2 year old.

Comment

• I am a current Fed in DC and I lift with a fellow who works for DHS. After reading these posts today I brought it up to him and he said that it is true they are on a freeze. He honestly didnt know anything else concerning it.

Comment

• Ninja If they have called you. Then that "other" TO your waiting for probably is dropped since the other location was picked up first.
                            I read it some posts back

Comment

• Originally posted by nycmike87 View Post
                              Ninja If they have called you. Then that "other" TO your waiting for probably is dropped since the other location was picked up first.
                              I read it some posts back
                              Sorry guys I screwed up and had EOD in my timeline when I meant TSU. You would think that I'd have it straight after all the time I spend on this stoopid forum. I have not been called yet just referred for EOD. So basically I am hoping not to get the call before my new TO gets to me.

Thanks to seeoh for straightening me out.

I am torn between letting it ride and hoping the TO gets here soon and contacting MHC explaining myself and hoping that turning down my current TO doesn't kill my newer app.
                              Last edited by imlikeaninja; 05-27-2009, 06:10 PM.

Comment

• Does anyone know the number to TSU I have been waiting for almost 60 days for Miami.

Thanks in advance

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9625 users online. 478 members and 9147 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X