Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBP officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by TPA3312 View Post
    Just called TSU after 95 days of waiting to learn Customs is under a hiring freeze. This is very bad news to hear.
    What exactly did they say? Everywhere or just Florida?

    I'm sure the floodgates will open up again after october.
    Last edited by imlikeaninja; 05-27-2009, 02:38 PM.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by imlikeaninja View Post
      What exactly did they say? Everywhere or just Florida?

      I'm sure the floodgates will open up again after october.
      The guy said there was a hiring freeze before I even told him I was waiting for Florida.
      Luck is where preparation meets opportunity. - Seneca

      Comment


      • Originally posted by TPA3312 View Post
        The guy said there was a hiring freeze before I even told him I was waiting for Florida.
        Wow! I wonder if this will affect TO's or just people in TSU?

        Comment


        • Originally posted by TPA3312 View Post
          The guy said there was a hiring freeze before I even told him I was waiting for Florida.
          He probably means that they are not taking new applications. At honorfirst, they have been calling people for both CBPO and BPA positions daily.

          Comment


          • Advice Needed

            I applied for CBPO about 14 months ago for Buffalo GEO location. I live in South Texas and 14 months ago I had money saved up to move. Now not so much. I already have been tenatively selected for Buffalo and am only waiting on my background investigation. ............Is there a way for me to change loactions ( any where in Texas, border included) even after I have been tenatively selected or am I out of luck. If I get a call from TSU what are the chances for me to ask them if I can work in Texas rather than Buffalo.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by bpyankees2 View Post
              He probably means that they are not taking new applications. At honorfirst, they have been calling people for both CBPO and BPA positions daily.
              HonorFirst is only for BP applicants.

              If anyone in TSU can call, I would be very interested to see if you get the same answer.
              Luck is where preparation meets opportunity. - Seneca

              Comment


              • Originally posted by jdmscott8 View Post
                I applied for CBPO about 14 months ago for Buffalo GEO location. I live in South Texas and 14 months ago I had money saved up to move. Now not so much. I already have been tenatively selected for Buffalo and am only waiting on my background investigation. ............Is there a way for me to change loactions ( any where in Texas, border included) even after I have been tenatively selected or am I out of luck. If I get a call from TSU what are the chances for me to ask them if I can work in Texas rather than Buffalo.
                Slim and none.....and slim not being an option.....Sorry

                Comment


                • Originally posted by TPA3312 View Post
                  The guy said there was a hiring freeze before I even told him I was waiting for Florida.
                  That goes along with what I'm hearing from friends in FLETC and EOD (Pre-Academy... whatever you want to call it) right now... and guys that are on the job have heard similar rumors. Sounds like they are going to have to wait till they receive funding or they'll have to wait till the new fiscal year to start pumping more recruits through FLETC. Kind of a bummer but it doesn't effect me personally. I feel bad for those waiting to land a good job! Just be optimistic that something will come through from CBP. They need people so it'll just be a matter of time! Until then... post if you hear something contrary or if you receive an EOD.

                  Fingers crossed.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by seeOH View Post
                    That goes along with what I'm hearing from friends in FLETC and EOD (Pre-Academy... whatever you want to call it) right now... and guys that are on the job have heard similar rumors. Sounds like they are going to have to wait till they receive funding or they'll have to wait till the new fiscal year to start pumping more recruits through FLETC. Kind of a bummer but it doesn't effect me personally. I feel bad for those waiting to land a good job! Just be optimistic that something will come through from CBP. They need people so it'll just be a matter of time! Until then... post if you hear something contrary or if you receive an EOD.

                    Fingers crossed.
                    It's no secret that they're at the end of the fiscal year. The new one starts in October. I can't see why a potential freeze would go on after they get a new budget.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by jdmscott8 View Post
                      I applied for CBPO about 14 months ago for Buffalo GEO location. I live in South Texas and 14 months ago I had money saved up to move. Now not so much. I already have been tenatively selected for Buffalo and am only waiting on my background investigation. ............Is there a way for me to change loactions ( any where in Texas, border included) even after I have been tenatively selected or am I out of luck. If I get a call from TSU what are the chances for me to ask them if I can work in Texas rather than Buffalo.
                      Looks like you have to just wait for the next open period and reapply. Keep your Buffalo app going until you have to turn it down. Worst case scenario you turn down Buffalo and reapply after all your steps are clear. Best case scenario you win the lottery between now and getting a final offer.

                      Comment


                      • Thoughtless,
                        It appears we're in the same boat. I had to see an audiologist & see an optimitrist because of LASIK. I sent in my forms today but I'll let you know what happens. I'm really nervous that my hearing loss will not fly with the medical unit. My BI is still pending as well.
                        Written: 12-11-08
                        Medical: 3-28-09 Pending
                        B.I.: 5-21-09 pending

                        Comment


                        • 10 char limit
                          Last edited by Thoughtless; 07-16-2011, 10:20 AM.

                          Comment


                          • So does this possible freeze affect people waiting for a TO or those in TSU.. or both?

                            Its hard to believe that new classes will cease from now until October.
                            ICE IEA Philadelphia FO (Dingmans Ferry, PA)
                            Written: 5/15/08
                            NOR: 5/20/08
                            TO: 10/28/08
                            Medical/Drug Test: Cleared from CBP
                            Fitness: 2/02/09
                            BI: 3/15/09
                            OB: 4/24
                            EOD: 7/27
                            FLETC: 7/29 (Class 928)


                            CBPO Pennsylvania
                            Written: 3/15/08
                            NOR: 4/2/08
                            TO: 5/22/08
                            Pre-Emp Forms: 6/2/08
                            Fitness/Medical: 6/18/08
                            VBT: 6/30/08
                            Drug Test: 7/10/08
                            Quals: (GS-7) 7/23/08
                            Met w/ BI: 9/24/08
                            BI submitted: 10/10/08
                            TSU: 4/2/09
                            Removed from TSU (med/fit): 6/4
                            EOD:

                            Comment


                            • You guys are confusing the term "hiring freeze", it means that there will be no NEW vacancy announcements for a while. As in this only effects people who haven't tested yet!

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by AlmostDone View Post
                                You guys are confusing the term "hiring freeze", it means that there will be no NEW vacancy announcements for a while. As in this only effects people who haven't tested yet!
                                That's not what I asked the guy in TSU. I asked if there were any new openings, not a new annoucement.

                                I called, said this is X, I have been waiting in TSU for 95 days, that I wanted to check in and see if he had any new news about any open positions. He said Customs is currently under a hiring freeze. I said, so that includes Florida? He said yes, everywhere is included. I said, thank you very much, I just wanted to check since BP should be calling me shortly. He said, once you finish the academy with BP, BP will notify us [Customs TSU] and we will see if we have a open position to offer, and if we do, you can switch over to us and go through the Customs FLETC. I said, thank you very much for the information and have a nice week.
                                Luck is where preparation meets opportunity. - Seneca

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 3983 users online. 196 members and 3787 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X