300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by D.Vader View Post
    My VBT cleared in CASS today!!! For all of those who are nervous about their VBT results, I was nervous about the way I answered the scenarios. My answers were short and I repeated what I was saying to fill in some of the time. I did show up in a suit which I think helped me alot...the CBPOs at the port commented on my appearance.
    I showed up in a suit too.

I think what they look at is whether or not you have the ability to shut up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Burrell707 View Post
      Well, another SFO/OAK applicant. Im starting to notice a lot more of us. I'm just waiting on the call now. Day 61 in TSU. Well good luck, and I am sure all of us will be working together someday.
      56 days in TSU for SF/OAK. I am right behind you.
      Have there been any calls recently??

Comment

• Originally posted by PureLife23 View Post
        you give me hope man!!! those 40 seconds to answer are excruciating. especially when your answers are only like 15 seconds long and you start pulling nonsense out of your a*s*s just to fill the rest of the time. how long did u take to get your results?
        It cleared in CASS exactly 4 weeks after i took it. i think what freaked me out the most was the sample responses they give at the beginning. they were a lot more complete responses than the ones i gave. that made me nervous from the beginning. i answered calm and courteous. even though my responses were on the short side (about 20-25 seconds) they seemed to be good enough. the 15-20 seconds waiting for the next scenario to start after i responded was very awkward though.

Comment

• Originally posted by UofU76 View Post
          56 days in TSU for SF/OAK. I am right behind you.
          Have there been any calls recently??
          Sounds like there are a lot of people waiting in TSU for SFO/Oak here. At this rate, I wonder if I will see a new T.O. for SFO/Oak before (hopefully) I get the call for Ca SW Border.

If I am in TSU for one location, and I reapplied for another location, could I get a new TO while in TSU?

Comment

• Originally posted by D.Vader View Post
            Sounds like there are a lot of people waiting in TSU for SFO/Oak here. At this rate, I wonder if I will see a new T.O. for SFO/Oak before (hopefully) I get the call for Ca SW Border.

If I am in TSU for one location, and I reapplied for another location, could I get a new TO while in TSU?
            Yes........but just hope you don't get the call while you're waiting for a new T.O

Comment

• Originally posted by TheAlohaBoy View Post
              I must have sucked. I think I scored 84 back in March of 08. Never heard from them until March of 2009 (a year later) I think (Got the T.O). Amazing we both in Hawaii (Oahu I assume) and you got processed and BI before I did. When was your other stuff completed. Are you excited? Heard anything else? Going crazy. Getting screwed on every job offer. HPD has a hiring FREEZE I'm stuck. I suppose to be re-activated this month...

I Think I sent you a Private Message with a local number u can call me and chat. Streeeeeeessssssed.
              Aloha Boy, I sent you a pm with my number also, because I never got yours. lets talk story

Comment

• My EOD is this Monday and I’ve just got an email from my port with all the forms they want me to fill out before I’ll show up. Guess what? 19 different forms! And I’ve thought SF-86 was bad. There goes another ream of paper! I guess the paperwork will never end!

I did the math, and from written test to EOD I went through the process in 5 months 3 weeks and 1 day.

If you count from the moment I’ve got TO then it is 4 months even. I feel like I’ve won a lottery or something.

I guess CBP wasn’t kidding when they said Virginia had ‘many vacancies’.

Good luck to all still stuck in Pendingville!
                Last edited by AmahastPL; 05-27-2009, 09:39 AM.
                CBPO Timeline
                Geo: Virginia and D.C. Test: 12/10/08
                NOR: 12/20/08 (86%) TO: 02/02/09
                Forms: 02/11/09 VBT: 02/25/09
                Medical: 03/03/09 Fitness: 03/03/09
                Drug Test: 03/12/09 Qualifications: 03/26/09
                BI: 04/09/09 (my B-day gift!)
                Met with Investigator: 04/15/09 TSU: 04/10/09
                The Call: 05/01/09 10.30am
                EOD: 06/01/09 -- Dulles Airport
                FLETC: 07/01/09 -- Class 957
                Graduation: 10/14/09

Comment

• Any of you guys been "In the Security Office" for your background for a long amount of time? I've been there for about 3 weeks, whats up with that? I figured I would have heard from someone by now!

Comment

• Originally posted by rollingstone10 View Post
                    Any of you guys been "In the Security Office" for your background for a long amount of time? I've been there for about 3 weeks, whats up with that? I figured I would have heard from someone by now!
                    I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but you could see that same message for quite some time. Mine has been that way for something on the order of 7 months. Others on here have had it that way for well over a year. To give you hope, some people only see it for a few months. Either way, you have a wait ahead of you. One fact that will help you through this process is to know that there is ABSOLUTELY no rhyme or reason to this entire process. Good luck.

Comment

• Originally posted by rollingstone10 View Post
                      Any of you guys been "In the Security Office" for your background for a long amount of time? I've been there for about 3 weeks, whats up with that? I figured I would have heard from someone by now!
                      Well, it truly depends on your background, how many investigators are doing your background, etc. Sometimes CASS is messed up too. My BI started my background and three days later I looked in CASS and it states "Referred to schedule EOD" so I'm in line with everyone else... however... My BI is still doing my background because I just faxed him a form yesterday and he still wants references from old jobs. It's just a weird process. If you feel like it's done then you may want to consider calling someone involved with CASS to clarify the issue... I would just wait a minimum of two months. Some guys/girls here have waited upto 6 months or more to have their background cleared. In some instances it was a glitch in CASS. Either way, I don't have that number but if you ask I'm sure someone here has it or will give it to you. Just be optimistic. Not hearing anything is probably a good sign. Your next phone call will probably be the TSU!!! Good luck.

Comment

• Originally posted by tippmann87 View Post
                        Yes........but just hope you don't get the call while you're waiting for a new T.O
                        What happens if you get the call while in TSU? How do you know?

Has anyone on here actually done this (been in TSU while waiting for a TO for another GEO and gotten the call)?

D.Vader looks like we are in a similar situation. Keep me posted as to your progress. I will do the same.

We must be the only 2 people on here hoping not to get called.
                        Last edited by imlikeaninja; 05-27-2009, 08:59 AM.

Comment

• Upstate NY roll call

Anyone one in here waiting for NY Other (upstate/northern border)?

Has anyone gotten the call for NY Other recently? If so how long were you in TSU?

Can I get all the JFK'ers to chime in with how long they waited for T.O.'s.

Thanks guys I'm stressing out a little here. My wife's uterus is a ticking time-bomb!!!!

Comment

• AmahastPl,
                            That's badass you slid right through the process. You tested one day before me! An investigator is working my case right now though, hopefully the adjudicator clears me. I ran into some difficulty with my medical (hearing) and am sending more paperwork to the medical unit, so that may hinder my results. I'm just a stones throw away to getting the job, the wait is kiling me.
                            I was wondering if CBPO's wear any type of ear piece (similar to secret service)? My audiologist wrote the medical unit stating that as long as I would not be wearing one, my "Good" ear will compensate for my other ear. So, hopefully the medical unit takes that into account.
                            Anyways, good luck to you guys and gals.
                            Written: 12-11-08
                            Medical: 3-28-09 Pending
                            B.I.: 5-21-09 pending

Comment

• I am considering turning down the job when I get the call for some personal reasons but I still want to get into CBP. If I apply the next time there is an announcement and get a TO will the process be quicker since I already had my BI cleared? I know I'll probably have to do the medical and fitness again.
                              Just trying to figure out what to do. Problem is I will be 34 this year so don't want to run out of time!
                              CBPO
                              Test: July 2008
                              TO: 12/26/08
                              VBT 1/21/09-passed
                              Medical - 1/21/09 - cleared 4/28
                              Fitness - 1/21/09 - passed
                              Drug test - 2/5/09- passed
                              BI - Cleared
                              TSU -4/29/09 (Buffalo)
                              BI2 - cleared 8/11

ICE Special Agent
                              Test 7/22/09 passed

Comment

• Originally posted by CBPhOpeful View Post
                                AmahastPl,
                                That's badass you slid right through the process. You tested one day before me! An investigator is working my case right now though, hopefully the adjudicator clears me. I ran into some difficulty with my medical (hearing) and am sending more paperwork to the medical unit, so that may hinder my results. I'm just a stones throw away to getting the job, the wait is kiling me.
                                I was wondering if CBPO's wear any type of ear piece (similar to secret service)? My audiologist wrote the medical unit stating that as long as I would not be wearing one, my "Good" ear will compensate for my other ear. So, hopefully the medical unit takes that into account.
                                Anyways, good luck to you guys and gals.
                                No, in a typical CBP enviornment you won't be wearing an earpiece. I cant speak for every possible scenario at avery single POE, but it shouldn't cause you any problems.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8708 users online. 273 members and 8435 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X