300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by PureLife23 View Post
    YOU ALL ARE JUST ADDING FUEL TO THE FIRE. JUST BLOW THE GUY OFF AND DONT PAY ATTENTION TO HIM.
    This is the proper approach:

CBPO Timeline
    Geo: Virginia and D.C. Test: 12/10/08
    NOR: 12/20/08 (86%) TO: 02/02/09
    Forms: 02/11/09 VBT: 02/25/09
    Medical: 03/03/09 Fitness: 03/03/09
    Drug Test: 03/12/09 Qualifications: 03/26/09
    BI: 04/09/09 (my B-day gift!)
    Met with Investigator: 04/15/09 TSU: 04/10/09
    The Call: 05/01/09 10.30am
    EOD: 06/01/09 -- Dulles Airport
    FLETC: 07/01/09 -- Class 957
    Graduation: 10/14/09

Comment

• Originally posted by imlikeaninja View Post
      when I asked to change my geo preference yesterday they told me I could only pick from these places

Arizona, Maine, Michigan, Montana, North Dakota, East Texas, California (San Francisco/Oakland), California (Los Angeles/Long Beach), California (Calexico/Andrade), California (Southwest border), Washington (all other), Washington (Northern Border), New York (other), Pennsylvania, Virginia, Texas (Presidio), St. Thomas, St. Croix, Florida-Key West, New Mexico (Columbus), Puerto Rico, and Vermont.

I want to change to NYC but they said I had to wait for a new announcement. Please let me know if you find out differently.
      Did you already have a TO when you asked this to MHC?

CBPO
      * EXAM: 3/3/09
      * NOR: 3/9/09 (95%)
      * TO: MID APRIL
      * PRE-EMPLOYMENT FORMS: 4/16/09COMPLETED
      * MEDICAL/PHYSICAL: 5/1/09 COMPLETED
      * DRUG TEST: 5/14/09 COMPLETED
      * VBT: 6/15/09 :COMPLETED
      *QUALIFICATION: 5/28/09 (GS-7) COMPLETED
      *BI: 6/11/09 COMPLETED
      *!!THE CALL!!: 6/16/09
      *EOD: 6/29/09

*FLETC: CLASS 961 7/23 - 11/04

BPA
      *EXAM: 4/16/09 (86%)
      *TO: ???

ICE IEA
      *EXAM: 6/11/09 PASSED (Not interested anymore )

Comment

• It was a while ago but I believe that was right after my NOR and before my TO. At the time those were the only available options. I remember I was annoyed because the vacancy announcement I was applying under was for JFK and thats what I wanted.

Comment

• Originally posted by imlikeaninja View Post
          It was a while ago but I believe that was right after my NOR and before my TO. At the time those were the only available options. I remember I was annoyed because the vacancy announcement I was applying under was for JFK and thats what I wanted.
          oh ok. It's just that right now I have a TO for Laredo, Texas and I'm wanting to change it to the SW Border of Texas but I dont know if I have to wait until a vacancy opens (there's not an opening right now) or if I can just email MHC and try to ask for a geographic location change?

CBPO

BPA

ICE IEA

Comment

• Originally posted by stantobiwan View Post
            I have been doing some research into what help the government can provide in relation to student loans and employment. I have only found information relating to federal loans in that while working for CBP, the government can pay them or at least offer some assistance. Does anyone know if this is true for private student loans as well? I have heard rumor that they will help pay them in exchange for agreeing to work X amount of years. Again, not sure how legit that is but if anyone has any information, it would be very helpful.
            I have done some research on this as well because I heard some rumors about civil service benefits for student loan forgiveness, but its turns out to be not all that good from what I have found.

From everything I have read and heard you are completely out of luck with any private loans that you have.

Federal loans are not that better much either. If you have eligible FFELP loans, you have to consolidate them into a direct loan. Then you have to qualify for an income-based payment reduction (not easy to do unless you have a big family), which would stretch out your payments beyond 10 years. It has to be stretched out because any qualifying student loans paid under normal circumstances would be paid-off in 10 years. The benefit only kicks in after 10 years. Then as long as you still work in a qualifying civil service position they forgive whatever you have left. In summary, the program sucks and provides little to no benefit. The college cost reduction and access act is worthless. There might be something else out there, but this is all I have found.
            Last edited by bulldog777; 05-26-2009, 09:59 PM.
            CBPO
            Tested - 8/21/08
            TO - 9/23/08
            TSU - 12/23/08
            Geo Pref - Eastern TX

Comment

• Originally posted by bulldog777 View Post
              I have done some research on this as well because I heard some rumors about civil service benefits for student loan forgiveness, but its turns out to be not all that good from what I have found.

From everything I have read and heard you are completely out of luck with any private loans that you have.

Federal loans are not that better much either. If you have eligible FFELP loans, you have to consolidate them into a direct loan. Then you have to qualify for an income-based payment reduction (not easy to do unless you have a big family), which would stretch out your payments beyond 10 years. It has to be stretched out because any qualifying student loans paid under normal circumstances would be paid-off in 10 years. The benefit only kicks in after 10 years. Then as long as you still work in a qualifying civil service position they forgive whatever you have left. In summary, the program sucks and provides little to no benefit. The college cost reduction and access act is worthless. There might be something else out there, but this is all I have found.

after talking to hr my 1st day of pre-academy, she flat out told me CBP never approves loan repayment options.. if through some act of god your port does... from what she told me.. u need to sign a 3-yr deal w/ cbp, after your two years of probation is up... and if u leave/ get fired or something else... all the $ u get is lost, and u need to re-imburse the agency the $ they gave u for loans...doesn't seem worth the risk in my book

Comment

• Originally posted by lbckid View Post
                Has anyone heard anything from Long Beach/LAX? I've been in TSU for about 30 days now waiting for EOD. Just wanted to see if anyone else was in the same boat or has received a call lately.
                What's your timeline like? I'm in TSU since 4/16
                CBP Officer:
                TO: 01/2009 (LAX/LGB)
                EOD: 05/23/2011

Comment

• Originally posted by dogz777 View Post
                  What's your timeline like? I'm in TSU since 4/16
                  I tested in August of last year and had everything completed by December. The only thing that held me up was that I was still on active duty and I needed my DD214. CASS says that I was referred to TSU on 4/30. I was just curious how fast hiring was moving along for Long Beach. Any good news Dogz777?

Comment

• Ninja,
                    If the number is not a 202-344-XXXX then it's not IA...
                    I have fallen for that telemarketing number before thinking it was my adjudicator calling, just because of the 202!... Don't sweat it.

I agree that we need to stop feeding the TROLL!... ++1 on that one...
                    CBPO
                    Written: 08/29/2007
                    EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by brave52000 View Post
                      Did you take it in Sacramento? If so I was there this morning too!

After the logical reasoning I went to my car and checked the CASS hotline and I was pleasently suprised to hear I've been reffered to TSU as of May 22nd! Overall not a bad morning! lol
                      I did take it in Sac! Isn't that a trip! I remember the BPA and CBP tests lasting all morning and in to the afternoon. My brain was fried after that ALT Language part of the BPA! So far Day 68 in TSU for BPA (CA Border) and Day 61 for CBP (SFO/OAK). Good luck!!!!!
                      Geo Area: SFO/OAK
                      Written: 08/23/08- 92 (87+5)
                      NOR: 09/2008
                      TO: 09/25/08
                      Medical/Physical:10/08,09/09,10/09
                      Drug Test: 11/2008
                      Oral Board: 12/03/08
                      BI: 03/12/2009 (Initiated 10/2008)
                      Qualifications: 03/17/09
                      Referred to TSU:03/19/09

IEA Agent
                      Geo Area: San Francisco County
                      Written:05/26/09
                      T.O.:08/28/09
                      Pre-Employment Forms Sent To DSC: 09/11/09
                      Medical/Fitness:11/02/09
                      Interview:PASSED on 11/16/09

Comment

• Originally posted by Burrell707 View Post
                        I did take it in Sac! Isn't that a trip! I remember the BPA and CBP tests lasting all morning and in to the afternoon. My brain was fried after that ALT Language part of the BPA! So far Day 68 in TSU for BPA (CA Border) and Day 61 for CBP (SFO/OAK). Good luck!!!!!
                        Signature test....
                        Geo Area: SFO/OAK
                        Written: 08/23/08- 92 (87+5)
                        NOR: 09/2008
                        TO: 09/25/08
                        Medical/Physical:10/08,09/09,10/09
                        Drug Test: 11/2008
                        Oral Board: 12/03/08
                        BI: 03/12/2009 (Initiated 10/2008)
                        Qualifications: 03/17/09
                        Referred to TSU:03/19/09

IEA Agent
                        Geo Area: San Francisco County
                        Written:05/26/09
                        T.O.:08/28/09
                        Pre-Employment Forms Sent To DSC: 09/11/09
                        Medical/Fitness:11/02/09
                        Interview:PASSED on 11/16/09

Comment

• Originally posted by dajob
                          YOU ARE THE MAJORITY of CBPO ! ROFLMAO. A wanna be with a badge and a gun. I have printed and showed your post. Your an embarresement to law enforcement everywhere. BUT YOU ARE CBP . That is for sure.
                          When my buds ask me about what is the deal with all these cbp guys I keep pulling over. So many of them now. I have to take a deep breath . And hold my noise and say don`t write up there police.
                          Tool

Comment

• My VBT cleared in CASS today!!! For all of those who are nervous about their VBT results, I was nervous about the way I answered the scenarios. My answers were short and I repeated what I was saying to fill in some of the time. I did show up in a suit which I think helped me alot...the CBPOs at the port commented on my appearance.

Comment

• Now that I've been placed into TSU for Montana, any guesses on how long it takes me to get "The Call?"
                              CBPO
                              GEO-Montana
                              TEST- 12/08
                              NOR- 1/09 (91 no vet)
                              TO-1/09
                              Med/Fit- 5/09
                              B.I. 3/09
                              VBT-3/09
                              Quals(GS-7)-3/09
                              Referred to TSU-5/22/09
                              EOD-6/22/09
                              FLETC-7/16/09-10/28/09

Comment

• Originally posted by D.Vader View Post
                                My VBT cleared in CASS today!!! For all of those who are nervous about their VBT results, I was nervous about the way I answered the scenarios. My answers were short and I repeated what I was saying to fill in some of the time. I did show up in a suit which I think helped me alot...the CBPOs at the port commented on my appearance.
                                you give me hope man!!! the time to answer is excruciating. especially when your answers are short and you start pulling nonsense out of your a*s*s just to fill the rest of the time. how long did u take to get your results?
                                Last edited by PureLife23; 05-27-2009, 02:33 AM.

CBPO

BPA

ICE IEA

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10856 users online. 507 members and 10349 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X