300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here we go again!....
    This is HTJ up to his old salty antics...
    Do us all a favor and vanish dude! For all your hatred towards your job, why is it you're still working for CBP? I seriously doubt you would pass the written portion of the test for CAPD because of your horrible grammar... Something the "immigrant" you just tried to put down can master! And you call English your 1 and only Language...

Seriously go try blowing smoke up somewhere else, I'm sure there are other Forums that would appreciate your insight as to how much you hate it...
    This is not the place, this thread is for applicants and CBPO's trying to HELP those going in. You sir need to move on.
    CBPO
    Written: 08/29/2007
    EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• HTJ / dajob – to be a CBPO one has to be an American, yet I'm an immigrant into this country… go figure that conundrum!
      CBPO Timeline
      Geo: Virginia and D.C. Test: 12/10/08
      NOR: 12/20/08 (86%) TO: 02/02/09
      Forms: 02/11/09 VBT: 02/25/09
      Medical: 03/03/09 Fitness: 03/03/09
      Drug Test: 03/12/09 Qualifications: 03/26/09
      BI: 04/09/09 (my B-day gift!)
      Met with Investigator: 04/15/09 TSU: 04/10/09
      The Call: 05/01/09 10.30am
      EOD: 06/01/09 -- Dulles Airport
      FLETC: 07/01/09 -- Class 957
      Graduation: 10/14/09

Comment

• Originally posted by dajob
        You will do fine they are hiring anybody and everybody. Just look at the recent hires off this board and what there past expierience has been.
        Dude go away. Go get a job that you like and free up a spot for one of us. I sincerely wish you the best of luck.

Don't get me wrong us applicants appreciate the advice of those of you already on the job. But when you come in here and insult us in your very first post expect some negative feedback. I for one know exactly what I'm getting into. Unlike you I don't have delusions of grandeur. I'm not out to be a hero or save the world and I sure as hell don't ever want to have to shoot anyone. I will if I have to and am prepared and will be trained to if need be but I'm not "looking for action"and frankly those of you that are scare me.

I am coming into this from a profession that a lot of people would consider a dream job. I currently work in photography, mainly fashion. I travel to exotic places. Go to fancy restaurants on the clients dime. I work around beautiful women (often in their underwear). But after my son was born I started looking around me an realized just how frivolous it all is. I can't deal with people treating clothing like the fate of the world hinges on next seasons hot trend. Being that I am in my 30's and devoted the last 10 years of my life to developing a skill-set that I am no longer interested in using my options for employment are limited. At this point in my life I just want a stable job I can be proud of doing and provide for my family's future.

If you have useful advice or constructive criticism it is welcome. But don't come in here S****ing on a job that a lot of us would give our left nut for.

Like I said i don't want to save to world but if I can play even a small role in keeping this country and my children safe then I will be PROUD to stamp passports or process traffic for the next 20 years.

That is the last you will hear from me on this matter. I strongly encourage the rest of you to STOP FEEDING THE TROLL!
        Last edited by imlikeaninja; 05-26-2009, 09:12 AM.

Comment

• dajob - you've been invited to my 'ignore' list. Enjoy!
          CBPO Timeline
          Geo: Virginia and D.C. Test: 12/10/08
          NOR: 12/20/08 (86%) TO: 02/02/09
          Forms: 02/11/09 VBT: 02/25/09
          Medical: 03/03/09 Fitness: 03/03/09
          Drug Test: 03/12/09 Qualifications: 03/26/09
          BI: 04/09/09 (my B-day gift!)
          Met with Investigator: 04/15/09 TSU: 04/10/09
          The Call: 05/01/09 10.30am
          EOD: 06/01/09 -- Dulles Airport
          FLETC: 07/01/09 -- Class 957
          Graduation: 10/14/09

Comment

• Does anybody know how I can get ahold of someone to ask about my medical? I sick of waiting! I NEED TO KNOW NOW!!!!!!! lol

Comment

• I applied to SFO/OAK. I got a call this past Sat from DC saying they are about to conduct my BI. Patiently Waiting!

(This was a reply to a post don't know what happened)
              Last edited by 1Lnation; 05-26-2009, 11:59 AM.
              Test: November 2008
              TO: 12/26/08
              Qualifications: 1/09/09-completed
              VBT 1/21/09-completed
              Medical - 1/22/09 - cleared 3/09
              Fitness - 1/22/09 - completed
              Drug test - 7/1/2009 completed
              BI - 6/22/2009 Met with Investigator
              TSU- Referred to Schedule 12/1/2009

Geographic Location- San Francisco/Oakland Airport

Comment

• Originally posted by ford123 View Post
                You will start over.
                thanks.

Comment

• Well my BI called and told me that he was done talking to everyone he needed to over the weekend, and that he is leaving town tomorrow morning. But he did not say when he had to return his report, wondering if he has to have it in today before he leaves. And I hope his report does not sit on someones desk forever either lol.

So im guessing that if it clears the next thing I will hear is from TSU right?
                  CBPO
                  Written: ~06-08
                  T.O.: 3-09
                  Pre-employment forms: 3-09 Completed
                  Fitness: 4-09 Completed
                  Medical: 4-09 Completed
                  VBT: 3-09 Completed
                  Drug test: 3-09 Completed
                  Quals: 4-09 Completed
                  B.I.: 08-06-09 Completed
                  Geo Pref: SW - Texas/NM (Took El Paso, TX)
                  TSU:08-07-09
                  EOD:08-17-09
                  FLETC:Sept 10 - Dec 30

"While watching you through the scope of my rifle, all I can say is: "You can run but you WILL die tired""

Comment

• Eod

Just checked CASS and it appears I was referred for EOD on the 22'nd.

Normally I would be ecstatic but I reapplied in april for a new location and haven't gotten my new TO yet.

The question is what the f do I do now! I'm seriously considering not picking up the phone till my new TO gets here. My original GEO is no longer an option for me or my family. Does the fact that I have been referred for EOD mean that my new app has been killed and there is no TO on the way? Should I call someone or just wait it out?

Help me forum gods!!!(aka merlin/yoda)

Comment

• Anyone take the ICE IEA test as of yet. I test tommorrow wondering how it was , thanx

Comment

• Originally posted by imlikeaninja View Post
                        Just checked CASS and it appears I was referred for EOD on the 22'nd.

Normally I would be ecstatic but I reapplied in april for a new location and haven't gotten my new TO yet.

The question is what the f do I do now! I'm seriously considering not picking up the phone till my new TO gets here. My original GEO is no longer an option for me or my family. Does the fact that I have been referred for EOD mean that my new app has been killed and there is no TO on the way? Should I call someone or just wait it out?

Help me forum gods!!!(aka merlin/yoda)
                        That's a conundrum. I e-mailed the people over at CASS and they got back to me lightning fast.

BTW I passed Qualifications. YESS! Just the Medical is hanging in the balance now.
                        CBPO
                        GEO - NY/JFK
                        TEST - 03/08 (NOR: 04/08)

TO - 01/09
                        PE Forms - Completed
                        Fitness - Completed
                        VBT - 03/09 - Completed
                        Drug Screen - Completed
                        Qual - 05/09 - Completed
                        B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
                        Medical - 05/09 - Completed
                        TSU

EOD: ???
                        FLETC: ???

Comment

• At this point my only question is should I call MHC and see if they want me to send in my transcripts or should I try and stay under the radar and stall a little while I wait for my new TO?[/QUOTE]

I just sent all my stuff in so speaking with some authority on this one..

in the forms packet, on the back of the GS-7 qualification worksheet (the one with the honor societies listed on it), it states you have to have your transcripts in 30 days from the time you are offered a job. I think the address they wanted you have the official transcripts to was a different one than the Whipple Bldg address your forms need to go to.
                          CBP written test Miami, FL
                          11/10/2007
                          NOR letter 01/16/2008
                          VBT 4/2/2008 (passed)
                          Forms 6/2/2009 completed
                          Med exam 4/6/2009 completed
                          9/4/2009
                          Physical exam 4/6/2009 (passed)
                          drug test 5/7/2009 (passed)
                          TO 5/12/2009 (2nd one,
                          never got first)
                          qualifications completed
                          BI interview 9/30/2009
                          BI cleared/referred to TSU 10/30/2009
                          poly: Mar 2011
                          updated e-Qip & All Forms: Sep/Oct 2011
                          BI interview II: Dec 2011/Jan 2012

Comment

• Originally posted by Reapplied View Post
                            I'm just wondering why in the world would someone want to take a trailer?, rent a house/apt? Why do you want to bring your family along you need to concentrate as much as possible..housing is provided for you and it's only 4 months. The work load they give you at the academy you won't have time for family or phone calls, Some of you think this is a vacation and if so you will be on a permanent one!
                            Weren't you talking about the preacademy?

I'm borrowing a travel trailer, and staying in a campground for a month because it's cheaper than renting an apartment, and I won't have to pay rent for something for three months while I'm in GA.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cbpstyle View Post
                              Anyone take the ICE IEA test as of yet. I test tommorrow wondering how it was , thanx
                              I just took the test for ICE today. Its cake! All it is is the logical reasoning portion of the CBP Test, and that rate your self in school, work, etc. We were out of there in 2 hours. Good Luck!!
                              Geo Area: SFO/OAK
                              Written: 08/23/08- 92 (87+5)
                              NOR: 09/2008
                              TO: 09/25/08
                              Medical/Physical:10/08,09/09,10/09
                              Drug Test: 11/2008
                              Oral Board: 12/03/08
                              BI: 03/12/2009 (Initiated 10/2008)
                              Qualifications: 03/17/09
                              Referred to TSU:03/19/09

IEA Agent
                              Geo Area: San Francisco County
                              Written:05/26/09
                              T.O.:08/28/09
                              Pre-Employment Forms Sent To DSC: 09/11/09
                              Medical/Fitness:11/02/09
                              Interview:PASSED on 11/16/09

Comment

• Originally posted by 1Lnation View Post
                                I applied to SFO/OAK. I got a call this past Sat from DC saying they are about to conduct my BI. Patiently Waiting!

(This was a reply to a post don't know what happened)
                                Well, another SFO/OAK applicant. Im starting to notice a lot more of us. I'm just waiting on the call now. Day 61 in TSU. Well good luck, and I am sure all of us will be working together someday.
                                Geo Area: SFO/OAK
                                Written: 08/23/08- 92 (87+5)
                                NOR: 09/2008
                                TO: 09/25/08
                                Medical/Physical:10/08,09/09,10/09
                                Drug Test: 11/2008
                                Oral Board: 12/03/08
                                BI: 03/12/2009 (Initiated 10/2008)
                                Qualifications: 03/17/09
                                Referred to TSU:03/19/09

IEA Agent
                                Geo Area: San Francisco County
                                Written:05/26/09
                                T.O.:08/28/09
                                Pre-Employment Forms Sent To DSC: 09/11/09
                                Medical/Fitness:11/02/09
                                Interview:PASSED on 11/16/09

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6637 users online. 323 members and 6314 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X