Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm still not buyin' it. Until I see the new salty old guy and HTJ in the same room at the same time they are the same person.

Comment

• Originally posted by imlikeaninja View Post
      I'm still not buyin' it. Until I see the new salty old guy and HTJ in the same room at the same time they are the same person.

I also think is Hunt the Caca...he is back with a different name...

Comment

• To: Any current CBPO,
        I have worked for the Federal Government for about 20 months. I have been told my time transfers over (for retirement) if and when I am hired by CBP. I am four months away from ending my probation period, does the time I already put in count towards my 2 year probation for CBP or do I start all over?

Comment

• You will start over.

Comment

• i have applied for PR

Comment

• Originally posted by dajob
              WALMART. Watch what the greeter does there. Make sure you explain you will say Welcome to America. That you are well versed in customer service.That you do not mind having a gun.Although tell them you would like to leave it at work. And that you understand you are to never use it. That if a situation occurs that requires any law enforcement action you will take the following steps.
              Call Ice
              Call Border patrol
              Call the Locals
              Call anybody but do not get involved. Other then to do paperwork.

If your at a busy Port you understand your to get back ASAP to processing traffic.
              If at a slow place then collect a check
              If at an airport Stamp, stamp somemore.
              You will do fine they are hiring anybody and everybody. Just look at the recent hires off this board and what there past expierience has been.

And the truth lies somewhere between the extremes.

I work in an airport, yet I do not work in a booth.

And thanks to the bid and rotation agreement, I most likely will not again.

Do not get me wrong...It is not like there is nothing to complain about, because there is. But that is with most every job.

I tend to have a pretty good time at work. I work on a pretty good team. I enjoy making narcotic seizures. It makes me happy.

I can, of course, only speak for where I work,(JFK).

The new hires will have to pay their dues for a few years in Immigration, and Baggage. Some will like it, and remain in that environment. Others will then branch out to the teams such as PERT, AT-CET, Firearms, and one day, Cargo<----(Dinasours).
              Last edited by ford123; 05-26-2009, 01:02 AM.

Comment

• For the last couple months the only thing I could think of is whether I wanted to work at LAX or Long Beach (if given the choice).

I know a guy who has worked at LB for 8 years, and it biased towards that port but tells me the two places are very different.

LB being less enforcement type of stuff, inspection, inspection, inspection.
                LAX being in a booth most of the day, with maybe some traffic stuff and seizures of whatever.

anyone have anything else to add to that?

Comment

• Originally posted by TheAlohaBoy View Post
                  Your from hawaii? When did you meet with your investigator.... I'm in Hawaii too.
                  Yup, I'm in Hawaii. I met with my BI 2 weeks ago.
                  I applied to a Nov 08 announcement.

Comment

• DavidB. What are the hours/workload at LB? I am also torn.
                    Last edited by vqv123; 05-26-2009, 02:29 AM. Reason: .

Comment

• If anyone is FLETC Class 957 there is a group on Facebook

M.
                      CBPO Timeline
                      Geo: Virginia and D.C. Test: 12/10/08
                      NOR: 12/20/08 (86%) TO: 02/02/09
                      Forms: 02/11/09 VBT: 02/25/09
                      Medical: 03/03/09 Fitness: 03/03/09
                      Drug Test: 03/12/09 Qualifications: 03/26/09
                      BI: 04/09/09 (my B-day gift!)
                      Met with Investigator: 04/15/09 TSU: 04/10/09
                      The Call: 05/01/09 10.30am
                      EOD: 06/01/09 -- Dulles Airport
                      FLETC: 07/01/09 -- Class 957
                      Graduation: 10/14/09

Comment

• double post - damn lag
                        CBPO Timeline

Comment

• you must have scored high?

Originally posted by mia1970 View Post
                          Yup, I'm in Hawaii. I met with my BI 2 weeks ago.
                          I applied to a Nov 08 announcement.
                          I must have sucked. I think I scored 84 back in March of 08. Never heard from them until March of 2009 (a year later) I think (Got the T.O). Amazing we both in Hawaii (Oahu I assume) and you got processed and BI before I did. When was your other stuff completed. Are you excited? Heard anything else? Going crazy. Getting screwed on every job offer. HPD has a hiring FREEZE I'm stuck. I suppose to be re-activated this month...

I Think I sent you a Private Message with a local number u can call me and chat. Streeeeeeessssssed.
                          Last edited by TheAlohaBoy; 05-26-2009, 06:05 AM.
                          Test: Approx...April 2008 (Sooo Long ago I can't Remember!)
                          TO: 3/09
                          Forms: 4/09 - Completed
                          QUAL: GS-5
                          VBT 4/09-Passed
                          Medical - 4/09 - Cleared 5/09
                          Fitness - 4/09 - Passed
                          Drug test - 4/09-Passed
                          ===== A YEAR LATER =======
                          BI - 9/2009 - CLEARED 5/2010
                          POLY 4/2010 - Passed - Same Day Results
                          TSU - 6/2/2010
                          PORT: Honolulu, Hawaii

Comment

• Originally posted by 1806 View Post
                            Congrats.

If you know someone who has a travel trailer, see if there's a camp ground close by and if they'll let you use the trailer.
                            I'm just wondering why in the world would someone want to take a trailer?, rent a house/apt? Why do you want to bring your family along you need to concentrate as much as possible..housing is provided for you and it's only 4 months. The work load they give you at the academy you won't have time for family or phone calls, Some of you think this is a vacation and if so you will be on a permanent one!
                            These hands need your guidance!

Comment

• Why would I be an embarrassment? Is it because I don’t want to be Steven Seagal /Walker the Texas Ranger/Rambo all in one?

The ‘majority’ of CBPOs out there do their job each and every day to the best of their abilities. What to be embarrassed about? Don’t you get it that the division of responsibilities between CBP, ICE, Police, and BP is done for a reason?

If you’re so trigger happy I tell you; visit Parris Island, ship out overseas, you’ll have all the excitement you’ll ever want. Did I mention they have bigger guns then CBP?

I agree that underlying politics of our immigration and border protection system is seriously flawed. CBPOs are not out there to fix it; that’s all in Washington. I’m an immigrant myself; I remember my father telling me about border protection in Communist Poland; there was an exclusion zone of few kilometers from the border and BP had orders to shoot on sight! Guess what; illegal immigration did not exist. We could do the same, if we chose to. Guess what? It will never happen.

The role of CBP is to enforce customs laws, or more simply collect money for the government, and to control the flow of people in and out via the ports of entry. It is not a military organization; it is not police, yet some form of law enforcement. CBPOs are to specialize in that; no more no less. That’s why we relegate other tasks to ICE, BP, and local police – it is simply not our job to perform those tasks.

Do you feel educated now? There is nothing to be embarrassed about.
                              CBPO Timeline

Comment

• Originally posted by dajob
                                You can look at any job opening. If you are in a covered position or have been you can still apply. Example BP Agent at 38 may still apply for ICE. I never said they would get the job automatically. A CBPO simply cannot apply . Is that hard to understand?
                                It's not hard to understand...it's just not true, at least when comparing two people in similar circumstances.

A 38 year-old CBPO has had 12D coverage since 07/06/08. If he tries to move elsewhere he'll need an agency to grant him a waiver so he'll get 20 years of service in.
                                A 38 year-old PA hired on 07/06/08 has been given a waiver by the BP in order to be hired by them. In order for him to move elsewhere he'll need to find an agency willing to grant him a waiver so that he'll be able to fulfill his 20 years of service outside of the BP.

Neither one is going to meet a prior coverage requirement, unless they've earned it beforehand prior to 07/06/08.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8700 users online. 271 members and 8429 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X