Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anybody in this forum heard about applying for the Virgin Islands?

Comment

• Hawaii

Originally posted by mia1970 View Post
      Has anyone seen a nopa for anything past ten years?
      I just talked with my BI and told him about some non-narcotic trouble I got in 16 years ago, and now I'm stressing.
      Thanks
      Your from hawaii? When did you meet with your investigator.... I'm in Hawaii too.
      Test: Approx...April 2008 (Sooo Long ago I can't Remember!)
      TO: 3/09
      Forms: 4/09 - Completed
      QUAL: GS-5
      VBT 4/09-Passed
      Medical - 4/09 - Cleared 5/09
      Fitness - 4/09 - Passed
      Drug test - 4/09-Passed
      ===== A YEAR LATER =======
      BI - 9/2009 - CLEARED 5/2010
      POLY 4/2010 - Passed - Same Day Results
      TSU - 6/2/2010
      PORT: Honolulu, Hawaii

Comment

• Originally posted by biggdawgdaddy View Post
        Charleston is a large sea port, Charlotte not as much. Charlotte has a larger Airport operation than Charleston. If you go online and Google for the port authority and airport websites, you can get a pretty good idea about volume at each.

Keep in mind there is a CBP port in just about every one of the 50 states. If you put in your preference that you will only take Nebraska.....well you are going to wait for a while. If you put Southwest Border locations, you will greatly increase your chances right now. Lots of press= Hire people for the location.
        Thanks for the response Dawg. I was hoping to relocate closer to my parents who are not far from a very small port in SC (Greenville). I can imagine an opening there is far and few between, so my best bet might be Charlotte.

Comment

• Originally posted by Walla183 View Post
          Thanks for the response Dawg. I was hoping to relocate closer to my parents who are not far from a very small port in SC (Greenville). I can imagine an opening there is far and few between, so my best bet might be Charlotte.
          Hey Walla, any new TO for your GEO yet?
          These hands need your guidance!

Comment

• Anybody now get "THE CALL" from L.A./Long Beach? I have a friend at FLETC and she said the class that just started had 3 males for Long Beach!!! Just curious! I'm still waiting for the results from my audiologist!!!!! I HATE WAITING!!!!!
            Last edited by ZODIAC76; 05-25-2009, 01:32 PM.

Comment

• I have a buddy who has worked at LB for 8 years now, he said they have about 50 at the academy right now.

I'm waiting for the call for LB/LAX as well, but it's only been two weeks. I'm still trying to figure out which one i'd prefer to work at if given the choice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Reapplied View Post
                Hey Walla, any new TO for your GEO yet?
                No TO yet, which is a good thing. I am torn in my decision for GEO preference. The port I would want does not hire very often...

Comment

• Originally posted by Walla183 View Post
                  No TO yet, which is a good thing. I am torn in my decision for GEO preference. The port I would want does not hire very often...
                  AHHH HA ok, well you should make your decision and change GEO it could increase or decrease your chances. From what I heard Newark is very hard to get into you may have better luck at JFK or whatever your preference is..wish you the best man!
                  These hands need your guidance!

Comment

• Originally posted by dajob
                    WALMART. Watch what the greeter does there. Make sure you explain you will say Welcome to America. That you are well versed in customer service.That you do not mind having a gun.Although tell them you would like to leave it at work. And that you understand you are to never use it. That if a situation occurs that requires any law enforcement action you will take the following steps.
                    Call Ice
                    Call Border patrol
                    Call the Locals
                    Call anybody but do not get involved. Other then to do paperwork.

If your at a busy Port you understand your to get back ASAP to processing traffic.
                    If at a slow place then collect a check
                    If at an airport Stamp, stamp somemore.
                    You will do fine they are hiring anybody and everybody. Just look at the recent hires off this board and what there past expierience has been.

Ha!Ha! Hunt the Jakel is that you?
                    God I missed you!

Comment

• Originally posted by SD619 View Post
                      hey everyone,

so i finally got the "Call". i EOD Jun 8th for Calexico Ca.. does anyone know where i can stay around there for preacademy. i'm from san diego, but don't want to commute everyday as it is about 110 miles one way.
                      Congrats! It's good to see someone get the call.

Comment

• Originally posted by SD619 View Post
                        hey everyone,

so i finally got the "Call". i EOD Jun 8th for Calexico Ca.. does anyone know where i can stay around there for preacademy. i'm from san diego, but don't want to commute everyday as it is about 110 miles one way.
                        Congrats.

If you know someone who has a travel trailer, see if there's a camp ground close by and if they'll let you use the trailer.

Comment

• Originally posted by dajob
                          WALMART. Watch what the greeter does there. Make sure you explain you will say Welcome to America. That you are well versed in customer service.That you do not mind having a gun.Although tell them you would like to leave it at work. And that you understand you are to never use it. That if a situation occurs that requires any law enforcement action you will take the following steps.
                          Call Ice
                          Call Border patrol
                          Call the Locals
                          Call anybody but do not get involved. Other then to do paperwork.

If your at a busy Port you understand your to get back ASAP to processing traffic.
                          If at a slow place then collect a check
                          If at an airport Stamp, stamp somemore.
                          You will do fine they are hiring anybody and everybody. Just look at the recent hires off this board and what there past expierience has been.
                          This is invaluable information. Just remember the paycheck for stamps and greetings Walmart and youre good to go.

Comment

• I can’t understand why so many of you complain about ‘lack of action’ as a CBPO. To me it is the best part of the job! Process passengers, process cargo, do inspections… do it for 8 hours or 16 if needed, go home, sleep, repeat. I do not want to chase people; I do not want even a remote chance that I’ll have to shot someone or to be shot at. I don’t want to deal with drunks, ect. I think calling local PD is the perfect solution; they’ll handle it for you. I do not want to play Sherlock Holmes and investigate stuff, that’s what the ICE is for.

If you want action join the Marines; if you want to be a ‘real’ cop join a local PD or State, want to play detective? FBI or ICE is just for you.

To me this job is about enforcing customs and immigration laws, call it clerks with guns, or stamp monkeys, or whatever… but this job is unique that it allows one to carry a gun and be in law enforcement field, yet you are virtually almost guaranteed to get home alive each and every day.

To me it doesn’t get any better than that!
                            CBPO Timeline
                            Geo: Virginia and D.C. Test: 12/10/08
                            NOR: 12/20/08 (86%) TO: 02/02/09
                            Forms: 02/11/09 VBT: 02/25/09
                            Medical: 03/03/09 Fitness: 03/03/09
                            Drug Test: 03/12/09 Qualifications: 03/26/09
                            BI: 04/09/09 (my B-day gift!)
                            Met with Investigator: 04/15/09 TSU: 04/10/09
                            The Call: 05/01/09 10.30am
                            EOD: 06/01/09 -- Dulles Airport
                            FLETC: 07/01/09 -- Class 957
                            Graduation: 10/14/09

Comment

• Originally posted by AmahastPL View Post
                              I can’t understand why so many of you complain about ‘lack of action’ as a CBPO. To me it is the best part of the job! Process passengers, process cargo, do inspections… do it for 8 hours or 16 if needed, go home, sleep, repeat. I do not want to chase people; I do not want even a remote chance that I’ll have to shot someone or to be shot at. I don’t want to deal with drunks, ect. I think calling local PD is the perfect solution; they’ll handle it for you. I do not want to play Sherlock Holmes and investigate stuff, that’s what the ICE is for.

If you want action join the Marines; if you want to be a ‘real’ cop join a local PD or State, want to play detective? FBI or ICE is just for you.

To me this job is about enforcing customs and immigration laws, call it clerks with guns, or stamp monkeys, or whatever… but this job is unique that it allows one to carry a gun and be in law enforcement field, yet you are virtually almost guaranteed to get home alive each and every day.

To me it doesn’t get any better than that!
                              Indeed!

Comment

• Nobody just moves after the age of 36(or before) in any covered position. Just like with any other federal job, you have to find an agency willing to accept you. Any CBPO hired on at 36 or less who's looking to jump elsewhere is in the exact same boat as any other FLEO when it comes to moving to another agency. The only people "locked in" are those who were beyond 36 when coverage came about and they were already "locked out" due to age anyways.

I can't think of many uniform covered positions that make more money journeyman-wise than we do for less hours worked. Certainly not GL-09 IEA's. FAMS are paid on a different scale than we are, but it roughly equals a high end GS-11 to GS-12 pay. Maybe they'll make more. Maybe.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10639 users online. 361 members and 10278 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X