Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBP officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by yoda View Post
    USMC0844 & PURELIFE23

    I have gone through the process of the change, I was also misinformed by MHC as to them telling me I had to turn down my offer to apply for another location, that is not the truth.
    As I stated in my previous post, simply apply for the location you want on the next opening, your current offer will still move on as it has until you are issued a new TO for the new location. At that point everything transfers over AUTOMATICALLY to the new offer and the old one is withdrawn. You will then receive a new packet in the mail, since they have to make a new file for the Forms, which you fill out and send in...

    If you ask 3 different people at MHC about this you will get 3 different answers, trust me, this is the way I did it and others have as well.

    You will basically have to hope you get the new TO before you get the "call", cause at that point you will have to accept the "offer" or you will be withdrawn from the process.

    barnaj
    We're still here bud!... I was told last week that my file was adjudicated and that I should find out the outcome soon! The Sup told me my file had gone through everyone and that I should expect a call from HR... We'll see what happens I guess.

    Oh well...that sounds more reassuring. However, I was looking on the USAJOBS website and I dont see any more openings for the CBPO position anymore like I did when I applied. Maybe i didn't look for it correctly but it seems like there's no openings advertised anymore. Then again, I may just be wrong....

    CBPO
    * EXAM: 3/3/09
    * NOR: 3/9/09 (95%)
    * TO: MID APRIL
    * PRE-EMPLOYMENT FORMS: 4/16/09COMPLETED
    * MEDICAL/PHYSICAL: 5/1/09 COMPLETED
    * DRUG TEST: 5/14/09 COMPLETED
    * VBT: 6/15/09 :COMPLETED
    *QUALIFICATION: 5/28/09 (GS-7) COMPLETED
    *BI: 6/11/09 COMPLETED
    *!!THE CALL!!: 6/16/09
    *EOD: 6/29/09

    *FLETC: CLASS 961 7/23 - 11/04


    BPA
    *EXAM: 4/16/09 (86%)
    *TO: ???

    ICE IEA
    *EXAM: 6/11/09 PASSED (Not interested anymore )

    Comment


    • what is the cbp on duty weapon? (what ever it is) is that what you train with?
      CBPO

      Comment


      • Originally posted by anthony30 View Post
        what is the cbp on duty weapon? (what ever it is) is that what you train with?
        It is the H&K P2000 and yes that is what you train with at the academy.

        Comment


        • Those of you who have been in the process/on this forum for a while, did hiring slow down like this during the last fiscal year or two around this time or is the change in administration slowing things down?

          Comment


          • Only been around for a year but from what I've seen and heard it always slows down around now and picks up again in Oct (beginning of the fiscal year).

            Comment


            • Originally posted by PureLife23 View Post
              Oh well...that sounds more reassuring. However, I was looking on the USAJOBS website and I dont see any more openings for the CBPO position anymore like I did when I applied. Maybe i didn't look for it correctly but it seems like there's no openings advertised anymore. Then again, I may just be wrong....
              You are right, there are no open to the public announcements. Changing things will increase the possibility of lost applications, place yourself into a smaller applicant pool port and you may just end up without a job.
              Life is what happens while you are waiting for something better to come along.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by yoda View Post
                USMC0844 & PURELIFE23

                I have gone through the process of the change, I was also misinformed by MHC as to them telling me I had to turn down my offer to apply for another location, that is not the truth.
                As I stated in my previous post, simply apply for the location you want on the next opening, your current offer will still move on as it has until you are issued a new TO for the new location. At that point everything transfers over AUTOMATICALLY to the new offer and the old one is withdrawn. You will then receive a new packet in the mail, since they have to make a new file for the Forms, which you fill out and send in...

                If you ask 3 different people at MHC about this you will get 3 different answers, trust me, this is the way I did it and others have as well.

                You will basically have to hope you get the new TO before you get the "call", cause at that point you will have to accept the "offer" or you will be withdrawn from the process.

                barnaj
                We're still here bud!... I was told last week that my file was adjudicated and that I should find out the outcome soon! The Sup told me my file had gone through everyone and that I should expect a call from HR... We'll see what happens I guess.
                Dude, am i naive and stupid or just have common sense? You think whomever you spoke with just would have told you what the status is. On a better note, maybe its good that they said "HR" will contact you. I would think if you were out, you would here it from IA and not HR since they have no info due to the privacy act. Who knows though. I haven't heard nothing but still in CASS so that in itself is at least good news.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by barnaj View Post
                  Dude, am i naive and stupid or just have common sense? You think whomever you spoke with just would have told you what the status is. On a better note, maybe its good that they said "HR" will contact you. I would think if you were out, you would here it from IA and not HR since they have no info due to the privacy act. Who knows though. I haven't heard nothing but still in CASS so that in itself is at least good news.
                  They tell you HR will contact you cause they are not allowed to tell applicants of the outcome, and they don't know how we find out about the decision. It is pretty darn frustrating having to wait, and go through all this time waiting for them to go through your file, and for them not to even hint as to what the decision was. Every time I spoke with them it was always the same thing... "you will hear from HR about the outcome, we are not allowed to tell you", mind you I always got this comment and I never asked straight up what they thought. Being in the system is the only consolation we get to keep on truckin' through and keeping our hopes up... But it is ridiculous to have people wait as long as I have, and you being that this is your 2nd time around.

                  RE-applying for GEO Changes

                  Those of you thinking about this... Key Words I used:
                  Open Period (Not USAjobs, go to CBP.gov or keep an eye out in here)
                  POE Choice (Bigger ports usually have more spots available)
                  SCORE (if you scored in the 90's go for it, you will be competing with new applicants for those spots)

                  Remember that your current TO keeps moving on until you are issued a new TO for the new location, at that point everything transfers over to the new one AUTOMATICALLY, and the previous offer is withdrawn.
                  CBPO
                  Written: 08/29/2007
                  EOD: July 11, 2011

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by yoda View Post
                    They tell you HR will contact you cause they are not allowed to tell applicants of the outcome, and they don't know how we find out about the decision. It is pretty darn frustrating having to wait, and go through all this time waiting for them to go through your file, and for them not to even hint as to what the decision was. Every time I spoke with them it was always the same thing... "you will hear from HR about the outcome, we are not allowed to tell you", mind you I always got this comment and I never asked straight up what they thought. Being in the system is the only consolation we get to keep on truckin' through and keeping our hopes up... But it is ridiculous to have people wait as long as I have, and you being that this is your 2nd time around.

                    RE-applying for GEO Changes

                    Those of you thinking about this... Key Words I used:
                    Open Period (Not USAjobs, go to CBP.gov or keep an eye out in here)
                    POE Choice (Bigger ports usually have more spots available)
                    SCORE (if you scored in the 90's go for it, you will be competing with new applicants for those spots)

                    Remember that your current TO keeps moving on until you are issued a new TO for the new location, at that point everything transfers over to the new one AUTOMATICALLY, and the previous offer is withdrawn.
                    Yeah its definitely some chickensh**. I figure though that no matter what they say, when someone gets your response in the mail adressed to them, they must open it and look at it, even if only out of curiousity. So if you were screwed i can't see them spending that much time on you. So quite possibly the longer they have it, the better your chances of beating it. Honestly, how long can it take for an experienced person to read your 5 or 10 pages of stuff and say thumbs up or thumbs down? I don't know, just me trying to put a positive spin on things.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by biggdawgdaddy View Post
                      You are right, there are no open to the public announcements. Changing things will increase the possibility of lost applications, place yourself into a smaller applicant pool port and you may just end up without a job.
                      yea I dont think I'm gonna reapply...like they say "if it's not broken, why fix it?"

                      CBPO
                      * EXAM: 3/3/09
                      * NOR: 3/9/09 (95%)
                      * TO: MID APRIL
                      * PRE-EMPLOYMENT FORMS: 4/16/09COMPLETED
                      * MEDICAL/PHYSICAL: 5/1/09 COMPLETED
                      * DRUG TEST: 5/14/09 COMPLETED
                      * VBT: 6/15/09 :COMPLETED
                      *QUALIFICATION: 5/28/09 (GS-7) COMPLETED
                      *BI: 6/11/09 COMPLETED
                      *!!THE CALL!!: 6/16/09
                      *EOD: 6/29/09

                      *FLETC: CLASS 961 7/23 - 11/04


                      BPA
                      *EXAM: 4/16/09 (86%)
                      *TO: ???

                      ICE IEA
                      *EXAM: 6/11/09 PASSED (Not interested anymore )

                      Comment


                      • Since I did not get any responses to my original post, here goes a broader question. On the latest announcement, it listed states such as NC and SC. Can anyone confirm if Charlotte (NC) and Charleston (SC) would be the most logical offers?

                        Comment


                        • Is it easy to fail the VBT?!!?! I feel like I bombed it this past week. I was damn nervous...I dont think I gave ****ty answers but I dont think they were great either. Ah! this is destroying my nerves! haha

                          CBPO
                          * EXAM: 3/3/09
                          * NOR: 3/9/09 (95%)
                          * TO: MID APRIL
                          * PRE-EMPLOYMENT FORMS: 4/16/09COMPLETED
                          * MEDICAL/PHYSICAL: 5/1/09 COMPLETED
                          * DRUG TEST: 5/14/09 COMPLETED
                          * VBT: 6/15/09 :COMPLETED
                          *QUALIFICATION: 5/28/09 (GS-7) COMPLETED
                          *BI: 6/11/09 COMPLETED
                          *!!THE CALL!!: 6/16/09
                          *EOD: 6/29/09

                          *FLETC: CLASS 961 7/23 - 11/04


                          BPA
                          *EXAM: 4/16/09 (86%)
                          *TO: ???

                          ICE IEA
                          *EXAM: 6/11/09 PASSED (Not interested anymore )

                          Comment


                          • They're grade/judge you on the content of your answers/replies, not so much on your nerves or public speaking ability. I gave solid professional answers, but probably looked just as nervous as anyone, and i passed.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Walla183 View Post
                              Since I did not get any responses to my original post, here goes a broader question. On the latest announcement, it listed states such as NC and SC. Can anyone confirm if Charlotte (NC) and Charleston (SC) would be the most logical offers?
                              Charleston is a large sea port, Charlotte not as much. Charlotte has a larger Airport operation than Charleston. If you go online and Google for the port authority and airport websites, you can get a pretty good idea about volume at each.

                              Keep in mind there is a CBP port in just about every one of the 50 states. If you put in your preference that you will only take Nebraska.....well you are going to wait for a while. If you put Southwest Border locations, you will greatly increase your chances right now. Lots of press= Hire people for the location.
                              Life is what happens while you are waiting for something better to come along.

                              Comment


                              • Has anyone seen a nopa for anything past ten years?
                                I just talked with my BI and told him about some non-narcotic trouble I got in 16 years ago, and now I'm stressing.
                                Thanks

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 9061 users online. 499 members and 8562 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X