300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could you help me understand something about 6 c coverage:

CBP Officers will be covered starting may or so, right?... So once you get in, could you transfer to a 1811 position after your 37th birthday within or with another agency?

Also, is Border Patrol Agent 6 c covered?...

Thanks!

BPA
    test: 04/08
    Results: Passed - 04/08
    COE Received - 05/08
    Medical/PFT: Passed 06/08
    Panel: 07/08: Passed
    BI: ?..
    CBPO
    test: 03/08
    Results: Passed - 04/08
    COE Received: 06/08
    Medical/PFT: Passed 07/08
    VBT: Passed 07/08
    BI: ???
    FBI
    Phase I: 05/08
    Results: Passed 05/08
    Language test (w/l): Passed 06/08
    Language test (o): Passed 07/08
    Panel: 10/08: ???
    PFT: 11/08: ???
    USSS
    TEA test: 08/07
    Panel: 02/08

Comment

• Originally posted by jumbojack View Post
      Could you help me understand something about 6 c coverage:

CBP Officers will be covered starting may or so, right?... So once you get in, could you transfer to a 1811 position after your 37th birthday within or with another agency?

Thanks!
      Its possible to apply for an 1811 position, depending on various factors, but you can't just transfer to an 1811 position. And yes, Border Patrol agent is 6c or LEO retirement covered.
      God created some police officers perfect, the rest he put in cars.

Comment

• Originally posted by tigers2007 View Post
        Don't leave your current job too soon. I took the written exam one year ago to the day, had my background done last summer and its still "In the Security Office" along with my qualifications still pending. I have a clean criminal history. It just seems to be taking a long time randomly. My file probably fell behind someones desk. I'm not too worried now since my fractured ankle is in the final stages of healing plus I'm enrolled in a Paramedic class that I can't just duck out of.

Just remember to be patient with this process. If you really have your heart set out for a position like this consider other opportunities. They have an active opening for "Aviation Enforcement Officer" positions all over the US. Personally, I would rather have this job than a CBPO. There are many Fedjobs out there.

A background can be done in a matter of hours too. I was hired for a local LE several years back and they did my background (neighbor,family interviews) in about ten hours to make a midnight hiring cutoff deadline.
        Hey Tigers,

Before you met with your investigator did your BI in CASS say "in the security office".
        Last edited by Tarheel1; 04-04-2008, 06:21 AM.
        CBPO
        Test-11/07, T.O. 1/08 (WA)
        Med/Fit-completed 1/08
        Forms/Drug/VBT-completed 2/08
        Quals-completed 6/08
        BI-completed 8/08
        Referred to Schedule EOD 8/15/08

The Call-9/29/08
        Start-10/14/08
        FLETC-11/13/08

CBPI-911

Comment

• CBP Officers will be covered starting may or so, right?... So once you get in, could you transfer to a 1811 position after your 37th birthday within or with another agency?

Thanks!
          Actual "6c" no longer exists unless you were in a fed le position back in the
          '80s. The new system created after 5usc8336(c) is called 12d or
          8usc8412(d).
          Basically, the fed pays in more money to your retirement and you can retire in 20 as opposed to 30. Now, whether cbpo 12d can be transferred to bp or 1811 12d is up in the air at this time. Many seem to believe that it is not transferable. I dunno for sure but many folks have looked at this and came to a conclusion that it probably isn’t. I hope for everyone's sake that it is. Don't risk waiting until after 37 until you KNOW for sure!
          Last edited by ArmouredSainT; 03-20-2008, 10:23 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by jumbojack View Post
            Could you help me understand something about 6 c coverage:

Thanks!
            To piggyback the rest. The way the law reads is you must be covered by 12d prior to your 37th birthday to be hired (in most cases). If you are, then you can normally apply to and be hired in another 12d position after your 37th birthday. So for example you were hired as an FBI agent when you were 30 years old and you decided to apply to the ATF when you were 40 you'd be good to go.

The exception is for the agencies that have a age waiver, like Border Patrol. The last I heard was they have provided an age waiver up to 40 years old to be hired. If you are hired when you are 38 with Border Patrol then you would not meet the age requirements for agencies who have not granted a waiver. You would, however meet the age requirements of agencies that are granting waivers for people above your initial hiring age. So if say the DEA was granting waivers to 39 years old you'd be able to apply and be hired. However you'd be too old for the FBI, that doesn't grant waivers.

The easiest way to look at it is a time clock. You stop aging once you are covered by a 12d position. If you leave the 12d position the time clock starts again.
            But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

• Current Applicants

Has anyone tested recently (within 2 months)? Can you provide a timeline for your process thus far? I am currently in the process for Washington (other locations) but will probably change that to the northern border. I am testing for a few agencies so I am not really trying to rush anything, although I would like to know my test score.

Thanks,
              I.M.
              Last edited by usmcgunnerm4; 03-21-2008, 06:50 AM.
              Discombobulatory Accountable Volunteerism.

Comment

• Originally posted by usmcgunnerm4 View Post
                Has anyone tested recently (within 2 months)? Can you provide a timeline for your process thus far? I am currently in the process for Washington (other locations) but will probably change that to the northern border. I am testing for a few agencies so I am not really trying to rush anything, although I would like to know my test score.

Thanks,
                I.M.

Hey you can go to www.applicationmanager.org and create an account and you should be able to see your test score NOR on there.

Comment

• security office

Just to add to something i read alot on this forum. "your case is in the security office". What exactly is that supposed to mean? are they doing anything with your BI, or does it mean its been recieved but nobodys started it, or maybe just that they got your Security Forms from the OPM website? Its the most vague, undetailed update that you can get off CASS and Im just curious does anyone have any clue what that means?

Comment

• Its sitting on someone's desk... with a few hundred (thousand?) others...

Comment

• Originally posted by madchiken View Post
                      Its sitting on someone's desk... with a few hundred (thousand?) others...
                      Thats the clean truth

Comment

• Originally posted by usmcgunnerm4 View Post

Thanks,
                        I.M.
                        I took the test in Nov 07 got results around 1st of Dec then received tenitive offer from for Washington Northern Boarders around the first of March sent out papers that week and today found out that my Video Base test is April 21, and got a call today for my Physical and takes the Physical the 25th of May.

do you got any messager services if so hit me up email me~! Go some questions about washington for ya thanks

Comment

Last edited by tigers2007; 04-17-2017, 08:18 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tarheel1 View Post
                            Hey Tigers,

Before you met with your investigator did your BI in CASS say "in the security office". Mine says that but I have not met with my investigator. That is crazy your quals are still pending, but they do say that is the last thing they do. I did get a call though from CBP staffing yesterday clarifying some of my work experience so they must be working on my quals before my BI. I guess there is no specific order they follow.

go heels
                            Last week, my status changed to "in the security office". 2-3 days later the background investigator called me. I met with him this past Friday and he has already set up meetings with aquaintences. I hope this helps you.

Comment

• Hey all,
                              I'm currently finished with everything except the background. I opted for WA "all other locations". Im assuming I will get Seattle, either the port or airport. A friend of mine just left CBP because of the massive overtime with no end in sight. Like 5-6 16 hour shifts a week! He said he made HUGE money but was never home to enjoy it or see his family. One question I have is; Its all over the place that its a physically rigerous job, etc. I workout a lot currently(mostly weights) and was wondering if they allocate time for you to train at a gym since they work you to death. I know some federal agencies give you so many hours a week to workout. Its really important to me to stay in shape and since the over time is huge here in WA I was hoping someone had some info. Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kingcol View Post
                                Hey all,
                                I'm currently finished with everything except the background. I opted for WA "all other locations". Im assuming I will get Seattle, either the port or airport. A friend of mine just left CBP because of the massive overtime with no end in sight. Like 5-6 16 hour shifts a week! He said he made HUGE money but was never home to enjoy it or see his family. One question I have is; Its all over the place that its a physically rigerous job, etc. I workout a lot currently(mostly weights) and was wondering if they allocate time for you to train at a gym since they work you to death. I know some federal agencies give you so many hours a week to workout. Its really important to me to stay in shape and since the over time is huge here in WA I was hoping someone had some info. Thanks!
                                dont bet the farm on it, unless you wanna do pushups on your cigarette break!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9776 users online. 499 members and 9277 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X