Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBP officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Paulie312 View Post
    how did some of you guys/gals get your NOR so fast????

    do you use the usatestmanager.gov site to find your grade?

    thanks
    i think they're sending stuff quicker now than before because of the need. I took my exam on the 3rd of march and got the NOR by monday of the week after. Then again, I took the BPA exam on April 16th and although I called to get my score sent to my email, I have not gotten a NOR on the mail...much less a TO from BP.

    CBPO
    * EXAM: 3/3/09
    * NOR: 3/9/09 (95%)
    * TO: MID APRIL
    * PRE-EMPLOYMENT FORMS: 4/16/09COMPLETED
    * MEDICAL/PHYSICAL: 5/1/09 COMPLETED
    * DRUG TEST: 5/14/09 COMPLETED
    * VBT: 6/15/09 :COMPLETED
    *QUALIFICATION: 5/28/09 (GS-7) COMPLETED
    *BI: 6/11/09 COMPLETED
    *!!THE CALL!!: 6/16/09
    *EOD: 6/29/09

    *FLETC: CLASS 961 7/23 - 11/04


    BPA
    *EXAM: 4/16/09 (86%)
    *TO: ???

    ICE IEA
    *EXAM: 6/11/09 PASSED (Not interested anymore )

    Comment


    • Originally posted by nycmike87 View Post
      for the first 5 months you WILL be making base pay.
      That's a big negative ghost rider, you get paid your Locality Pay from day one. So for some that means you'll get 20% more pay than the GS5 next to you.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by robeans View Post
        That's a big negative ghost rider, you get paid your Locality Pay from day one. So for some that means you'll get 20% more pay than the GS5 next to you.
        27% but who's counting.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by robeans View Post
          That's a big negative ghost rider, you get paid your Locality Pay from day one. So for some that means you'll get 20% more pay than the GS5 next to you.
          I already said that basepay of your area. not the national all other scale.
          Im just gonna edit this so people dont constantly beat a dead horse.

          Find your area on OPM.gov salaries section meaning like what robeans said for locality. If and when you start your first day depending if you spend a month their add fletc time and post academy time. THat bracket of 5-6 months you will live off of basepay. NO OT basically till after some post academy.

          you will earn Basepay OF YOUR LOCALITY. If you dont know how to do that simply divide that salary by 26. And i cant give you a ballpark of your net pay because i chose high coverages on medical and such.
          Last edited by nycmike87; 05-22-2009, 06:28 PM.

          Comment


          • and your take home pay will vary depending on dependents, insurance coverage, tsp contributions, etc... so you can't really get an estimate of take home pay.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by audi0xpl0de View Post
              My class is the first to go back to the FLETC standard.
              Interesting, its not quite the same though since you only need 210 rather than 240 to qual. I actually think that this is a good idea since the 150 course of fire is so easy that you don't really need to learn to shoot in order to make it through. My class lost several people to the 240 standard who would have made it at 210. Did they put the 25 yard line back in?

              Comment


              • If anyone need to look up their selective service number, you can do so here

                Comment


                • Originally posted by La Migra View Post
                  Interesting, its not quite the same though since you only need 210 rather than 240 to qual. I actually think that this is a good idea since the 150 course of fire is so easy that you don't really need to learn to shoot in order to make it through. My class lost several people to the 240 standard who would have made it at 210. Did they put the 25 yard line back in?
                  Yep, 25 is back.

                  Comment


                  • If anyone here is currently working in South Carolina, can you please contact me via pm. I have some questions regarding some of the smaller ports in the palmetto state.

                    Thanks in advance.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by ShowT1me78 View Post
                      CONGRATS!!!! Hopefully we'll meet up in FLETC or JFK for sure
                      Heck yes. Lets start counting chickens while we still have eggs
                      CBPO
                      GEO - NY/JFK
                      TEST - 03/08 (NOR: 04/08)

                      TO - 01/09
                      PE Forms - Completed
                      Fitness - Completed
                      VBT - 03/09 - Completed
                      Drug Screen - Completed
                      Qual - 05/09 - Completed
                      B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
                      Medical - 05/09 - Completed
                      TSU


                      EOD: ???
                      FLETC: ???

                      Comment


                      • Sure its been answered before, but with 500+ pages its hard to find it. How does the promotion system for CBPO work. Seems like everyone is saying in 2 years your GS-11. Is that starting at GS-5 or 7? How often are the promotions ect. Thx in advance.
                        Geo: Illinois
                        Test Score: 94
                        Quals: GS-7
                        T.O.: 8/7/2007
                        Referred to Schedule EOD

                        "Theirs not to make reply, Theirs not to reason why, Theirs but to do and die"

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by BillyHoyle View Post
                          Sure its been answered before, but with 500+ pages its hard to find it. How does the promotion system for CBPO work. Seems like everyone is saying in 2 years your GS-11. Is that starting at GS-5 or 7? How often are the promotions ect. Thx in advance.
                          If you start at GS 5 the following yr you go to GS 7, 9, 11 automatic
                          CBPOJFK
                          Exam 03/2008---86
                          Pre-Employment Forms---08/2008 check
                          Qualifications---07/2008---GS 5 check
                          Medical 07/2008---08/2009 check
                          Drug Test---07/2008 check
                          VBT---07/2008 check
                          Fitness---8/2009 check
                          BI---08/13/2009 check

                          Referred to Schedule EOD 8/28/2009 TSU BABY!!!

                          Comment


                          • My understanding is if you start as a GS-5, after 1 yr you go to GS-7. After that you go to a GS-9. Then from 3-4 yrs you hit the GS-11. From there you begin steps, meaning gs-11 step one, step two, and so on. Hope this helps.
                            Written: 12-11-08
                            Medical: 3-28-09 Pending
                            B.I.: 5-21-09 pending

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by CBPhOpeful View Post
                              My understanding is if you start as a GS-5, after 1 yr you go to GS-7. After that you go to a GS-9. Then from 3-4 yrs you hit the GS-11. From there you begin steps, meaning gs-11 step one, step two, and so on. Hope this helps.
                              Slow down there, you get promotion each year grade wise from 5/7,9, 11. Expect to hit 11 in 2 years if you're starting as a grade 7.

                              Comment


                              • So,(starting at GS-7) You go GS-9 after year one. GS-11 after year 2? That's solid. Quick way to move to GS-11. Now if only I could get a call and get to work on that lol.
                                Geo: Illinois
                                Test Score: 94
                                Quals: GS-7
                                T.O.: 8/7/2007
                                Referred to Schedule EOD

                                "Theirs not to make reply, Theirs not to reason why, Theirs but to do and die"

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 10736 users online. 375 members and 10361 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X