300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Reapplied View Post
    For those who took the written exam in April announcement 09-03 if you call the main number 612-467-7027 the recording says your NOR will be sent out beginning of JUNE!

That's Good News... Thank you.
    CBPO-MIA/FL
    Written: 4/30/09
    NOR: 6/01/09 (82%)
    TO: pending

Comment

• Well, things are finally moving along for me. I just did the eQUIP and I think when all was said and done, mine turned out to be 44 or 45 pages worth of questions/answers, and the background forms from the TO should be in their hands tomorrow. (for the newbies, for eQuip, you'll need to know your past 10 years worth of residences, selective service # for the lads which someone mentioned earlier, Passport number if you were born here, Passport number of parents or their naturalization card number if they weren't, past court dealings or tickets, last 7 years i think they wanted -- I wrote down all my unlawful speeding violations, 3 references, 1 reference at current address, past 10 years worth of employment and a bunch of other fun stuff, to save yourself time, have all your past 10 years worth of info ready to go).

When you guys did your fingerprint cards, what address did you list? The mailing address as the stapled photocopied instructions say before the 3 blank fingerprint cards, or the "Residence of Person Fingerprinted" as the actual fingerprint card says?

For anyone in South Florida going through this right now, I got my prints done on Thursday for free at BSO (North Broward location off SW 3rd near Dixie). Fort Lauderdale PD charges $10.00 or $15.00 per set.
      Last edited by sandwichman; 05-22-2009, 01:32 PM.
      CBP written test Miami, FL
      11/10/2007
      NOR letter 01/16/2008
      VBT 4/2/2008 (passed)
      Forms 6/2/2009 completed
      Med exam 4/6/2009 completed
      9/4/2009
      Physical exam 4/6/2009 (passed)
      drug test 5/7/2009 (passed)
      TO 5/12/2009 (2nd one,
      never got first)
      qualifications completed
      BI interview 9/30/2009
      BI cleared/referred to TSU 10/30/2009
      poly: Mar 2011
      updated e-Qip & All Forms: Sep/Oct 2011
      BI interview II: Dec 2011/Jan 2012

Comment

• Originally posted by sandwichman View Post
        When you guys did your fingerprint cards, what address did you list? The mailing address as the stapled photocopied instructions say before the 3 blank fingerprint cards, or the "Residence of Person Fingerprinted" as the actual fingerprint card says?

For anyone in South Florida going through this right now, I got my prints done on Thursday for free at BSO (North Broward location off SW 3rd near Dixie). Fort Lauderdale PD charges $10.00 or $15.00 per set.
        For #3 from the instruction sheet, residence, I listed my mailing address with zip as instructed. And if I was you I would go to the BSO location and have them done for free instead of paying. That way you will have plenty of time to triple check your info and confirm employment with saved paystubs.

I would also recommend you mailing everything when done through USPS Priority service with signature and delivery confirmation. That way you know when it arrives, and there is a paper trail in case it gets "lost".
        Luck is where preparation meets opportunity. - Seneca

Comment

• Are the writen test at FLETC hard?

Comment

• Originally posted by brave52000 View Post
            I'm curious on how much a GS-7 take home a month if his location fell under, Rest of United States? I'm curious on how much (Ballpark) the the take home pay is after all the taxes, retirement, etc...?

go to OPM.Gov salaries look up your location take that number and divide by 26. that is your gross Bi Weekly pay.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darth Vader View Post
              Are the writen test at FLETC hard?
              That all depends on what type of test taker you are, and how well you retain and recall information. They only test you on supplied materials and lectures. I have seen posts from indiviuals who said they had to study ever night, and from some who said they barely ever studied.

Comment

• Originally posted by nycmike87 View Post
                go to OPM.Gov salaries look up your location take that number and divide by 26. that is your gross Bi Weekly pay.
                The paycharts on OPM are just base pays. They don't include OT, weekends, or other adjustments.
                Last edited by TPA3312; 05-22-2009, 02:42 PM.

Comment

• This is going to be a long weekend! All my steps show completed in CASS except for my medical. I had to send in additional info, as I was to honest and had to clear up an incident when I was 10 yrs old.

I emailed the Medical Unit as it had been almost a month since I sent that iformation in. They emailed me back saying my medical has been cleared, but the hotline and/or CASS has not updated. I'm so close to TSU for Montana I can taste it!

More waiting I guess! I should feel fortunate I tested in Decemeber and received a TO in January.
                  CBPO
                  GEO-Montana
                  TEST- 12/08
                  NOR- 1/09 (91 no vet)
                  TO-1/09
                  Med/Fit- 5/09
                  B.I. 3/09
                  VBT-3/09
                  Quals(GS-7)-3/09
                  Referred to TSU-5/22/09
                  EOD-6/22/09
                  FLETC-7/16/09-10/28/09

Comment

• Originally posted by TPA3312 View Post
                    The paycharts on OPM are just base pays. They don't include OT, weekends, or other adjustments.
                    for the first 5 months you WILL be making base pay. Just giving him the data. You should know you spend about a Month at preacademy then almost four months at fletc then 2 more months post academy. Post academy you will see a little OT

Comment

• Originally posted by nycmike87 View Post
                      for the first 5 months you WILL be making base pay. Just giving him the data. You should know you spend about a Month at preacademy then almost four months at fletc then 2 more months post academy. Post academy you will see a little OT
                      Good to know, thanks for the clarification.

Comment

• No problem

Comment

• Originally posted by Darth Vader View Post
                          Are the writen test at FLETC hard?
                          Varies from person to person. I have a strong academic background so I spend little time studying myself and more time helping others. Your questions are always going to be based on the section objectives so it's not like there are a lot of surprises.

Comment

• Originally posted by TuffStuffCBP View Post
                            How many days per week and what months are you there?
                            My experience with vary with others as I'm in a "test" class. We have PT pretty much everyday. Our classes mix PT, DT, and AT, where other classes here have separate classes. I just finished week 8. I began April 2nd and end July 15th.

Comment

• Originally posted by TuffStuffCBP View Post
                              Passed Background!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YEssssssss.

Now I'm just waiting for Medical and Quals to Clear.

Totally pumped. Hopefully CASS hasn't gone on the fritz and this is the real deal.
                              CONGRATS!!!! Hopefully we'll meet up in FLETC or JFK for sure
                              CBPOJFK
                              Exam 03/2008---86
                              Pre-Employment Forms---08/2008 check
                              Qualifications---07/2008---GS 5 check
                              Medical 07/2008---08/2009 check
                              Drug Test---07/2008 check
                              VBT---07/2008 check
                              Fitness---8/2009 check
                              BI---08/13/2009 check

Referred to Schedule EOD 8/28/2009 TSU BABY!!!

Comment

• how did some of you guys/gals get your NOR so fast????

do you use the usatestmanager.gov site to find your grade?

thanks

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 13118 users online. 483 members and 12635 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X