Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by imlikeaninja View Post
    Copy that, Captain Buzzkill.

Just kidding. But seriously after 4 months should I assume that this is a full clearance or interm.
    Yeah, sorry to be a downer! Just after working with the govt for many years i know that nothing should be taken for granted or assumed. Ummm, I would always assume an interim until your get your badge and gun. Normally at pre-academy they can tell you because of certain access to things that you can or cannot have. You would know better than anyone. If you have no worries about your BI then you're probably good to roll.

Comment

• Originally posted by TuffStuffCBP View Post
      That step test was brutal. I went from 0 excercise in 5 years to that test. Everything was easy except for the step. I almost blew a gasket.

These days I run 1.5 miles 3 times a week and do around 20 pull-ups on average per day plus the long walk with the wominsk. Step test would probably hand me my arse if I did it again.

What is everyone else's running and fitness schedule these days, if you don't mind?
      This sounds alright for cardio.. time your 1.5 miles and add some lifting 3x per week

My schedule is 2 miles 3x a week, weights 3x, tennis on the weekends... more important is the diet - no red meat, no fast food, tons of fresh veggies, high protein, low sugar/processed foods..

a good place to get info on how to get in shape and have a diet to support it is forums.bulknutrition.com - ive been keeping up here for a long time.

Comment

• Originally posted by colinm112 View Post
        This sounds alright for cardio.. time your 1.5 miles and add some lifting 3x per week

My schedule is 2 miles 3x a week, weights 3x, tennis on the weekends... more important is the diet - no red meat, no fast food, tons of fresh veggies, high protein, low sugar/processed foods..

a good place to get info on how to get in shape and have a diet to support it is forums.bulknutrition.com - ive been keeping up here for a long time.
        I dread weights. I like anything that you can do without equipment - running, push-ups, pull ups, sit ups, etc. What do you have to push weight wise at fletc?
        CBPO
        GEO - NY/JFK
        TEST - 03/08 (NOR: 04/08)

TO - 01/09
        PE Forms - Completed
        Fitness - Completed
        VBT - 03/09 - Completed
        Drug Screen - Completed
        Qual - 05/09 - Completed
        B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
        Medical - 05/09 - Completed
        TSU

EOD: ???
        FLETC: ???

Comment

I dread weights. I like anything that you can do without equipment - running, push-ups, pull ups, sit ups, etc. What do you have to push weight wise at fletc?
          You don't. Some instructors will put you in the weight room, but will just say "work your upper body". They can't very well tell you "everybody go bench 225 lbs." Just participate and give it a 100%.

Comment

That step test was brutal. I went from 0 excercise in 5 years to that test. Everything was easy except for the step. I almost blew a gasket.

These days I run 1.5 miles 3 times a week and do around 20 pull-ups on average per day plus the long walk with the wominsk. Step test would probably hand me my arse if I did it again.

What is everyone else's running and fitness schedule these days, if you don't mind?
            I am in the same boat as you, going into the Fit Test I had not done anything as far as excerise since I got out of the Army. The step test killed me, ended up doing it 2 times. First time my quad knotted up on me, started working out a little and the second time was cake. Of course what didnt help out that much is that I smoke also, But have a quite date of 05/25/2009.

Here is a link to a diet plan that I have already started, so far so good.
            http://bodyforlife.com/nutrition/week1meals.asp

Also starting Monday, eventhough its a Holiday. Me, Wifey and a friend are going to be doing a work out I used to do in the Army. I call it a cardio blast, with Pyramid workout. Using a soccer field:

start at goal line:
            10 pushups
            Sprint to midfield
            9 Pushups
            Sprint to other goal line
            8 Pushups

Do that until you get to 1, rest, stretch and drink water for 1 Min. Start again but start with 1 working up to 10. When done, rest, stretch and drink water. Then do 3 laps around the field, jogging the Length sprinting the Width. Thats for Monday.

Wednesday same thing but instead of Pushups, do situps.

Friday - Run 2 miles.

After about 1 month of this increase Pushups, situps and running distance.
            CBPO
            Written: ~06-08
            T.O.: 3-09
            Pre-employment forms: 3-09 Completed
            Fitness: 4-09 Completed
            Medical: 4-09 Completed
            VBT: 3-09 Completed
            Drug test: 3-09 Completed
            Quals: 4-09 Completed
            B.I.: 08-06-09 Completed
            Geo Pref: SW - Texas/NM (Took El Paso, TX)
            TSU:08-07-09
            EOD:08-17-09
            FLETC:Sept 10 - Dec 30

"While watching you through the scope of my rifle, all I can say is: "You can run but you WILL die tired""

Comment

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
              You don't. Some instructors will put you in the weight room, but will just say "work your upper body". They can't very well tell you "everybody go bench 225 lbs." Just participate and give it a 100%.
              I didn't know if there was a pound for pound ratio or something. Good to know, thanks.
              CBPO
              GEO - NY/JFK

TO - 01/09
              PE Forms - Completed
              Fitness - Completed
              VBT - 03/09 - Completed
              Drug Screen - Completed
              Qual - 05/09 - Completed
              B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
              TSU

Comment

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
                How many miles did you run per day at fletc? I'm sure that others have answered this, but I'm always interested in personal experiences.
                CBPO
                GEO - NY/JFK

TO - 01/09
                PE Forms - Completed
                Fitness - Completed
                VBT - 03/09 - Completed
                Drug Screen - Completed
                Qual - 05/09 - Completed
                B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
                TSU

Comment

How many miles did you run per day at fletc? I'm sure that others have answered this, but I'm always interested in personal experiences.
                  Depends on the day. Anywhere from 1.5 - 3 miles for my class.

Comment

• Originally posted by audi0xpl0de View Post
                    Depends on the day. Anywhere from 1.5 - 3 miles for my class.
                    How many days per week and what months are you there?
                    CBPO
                    GEO - NY/JFK

TO - 01/09
                    PE Forms - Completed
                    Fitness - Completed
                    VBT - 03/09 - Completed
                    Drug Screen - Completed
                    Qual - 05/09 - Completed
                    B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
                    TSU

Comment

• For those who took the written exam in April announcement 09-03 if you call the main number 612-467-7027 the recording says your NOR will be sent out beginning of JUNE!
                      These hands need your guidance!

Comment

• Originally posted by TPA3312 View Post
                        We, or at least I was, talking about FLETC PT requirements, not the pre-employment fitness requirements. If you think you will just get a step test at FLETC, you are in for a rude awakening down the road.
                        I believe he was answering my previous question and I WAS asking about the Pre-employment test only because a lot of applicants MED/PHY will be expiring and they will have to most likely take the new fitness test! Ofcourse FLETC will be harder...anyway what I don't get is they want you to do as many push ups as you can in a min in proper form but what "passing" mark are they looking for?
                        These hands need your guidance!

Comment

• Originally posted by TPA3312 View Post
                          We, or at least I was, talking about FLETC PT requirements, not the pre-employment fitness requirements. If you think you will just get a step test at FLETC, you are in for a rude awakening down the road.
                          I know FLETC is not going to be easy I never said it was. Is an academy and everyone here knows that we all need to be ready for the un-expected. My self I have been in a work out routine for the last few weeks or so and I will keep it that way. I'm not in that great of a shape yet but I am making sure I will be ready for those pre-employment PFT requirements. Is a shame not to be ready when we all know is either you pass or your out from the hiring process.
                          CBPO-MIA/FL
                          Written: 4/30/09
                          NOR: 6/01/09 (82%)
                          TO: pending

Comment

• I took my VBT yesterday. I feel so bad....even though I dont feel like I did horrible I still feel I could have done way better...it's like my confidence was lacking big time. It took me too much to get comfortable speaking to a camera!!! AH!!!!! I feel horrible!!!!

CBPO
                            * EXAM: 3/3/09
                            * NOR: 3/9/09 (95%)
                            * TO: MID APRIL
                            * PRE-EMPLOYMENT FORMS: 4/16/09COMPLETED
                            * MEDICAL/PHYSICAL: 5/1/09 COMPLETED
                            * DRUG TEST: 5/14/09 COMPLETED
                            * VBT: 6/15/09 :COMPLETED
                            *QUALIFICATION: 5/28/09 (GS-7) COMPLETED
                            *BI: 6/11/09 COMPLETED
                            *!!THE CALL!!: 6/16/09
                            *EOD: 6/29/09

*FLETC: CLASS 961 7/23 - 11/04

BPA
                            *EXAM: 4/16/09 (86%)
                            *TO: ???

ICE IEA
                            *EXAM: 6/11/09 PASSED (Not interested anymore )

Comment

• 70 days in TSU...

It looks like TSU is at a full stop! no phone calls huh?...do you guys know what is going on?...

Geo
                              Florida/except Miami

Comment

• Originally posted by Federalyhood View Post
                                70 days in TSU...

It looks like TSU is at a full stop! no phone calls huh?...do you guys know what is going on?...

Geo
                                Florida/except Miami
                                I haven't heard anything new. The last thing I heard about FL hiring was from flatrooper several weeks ago saying he got a call and 10 slots were avaliable at the port Everglades.
                                Luck is where preparation meets opportunity. - Seneca

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 14634 users online. 414 members and 14220 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X