Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just came back from Fletc in my 13th week of CBP's 16th week program. I failed my run by 4 secs. When I first tested I ran it in 1855. My final test I ran 1634. I've never been as down as I was on that plane ride. They wouldn't recycle me so I applied to ICE and kept running. I was so disappointed because I was a 144 - 149 shooter. Had a 92 test average and had two test to go. Anyway I think it's a good job with the opportunity to work in other countries, good pay and job security in these times you can't ask for more...... Stamp away

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
      Quals are usually the last or one of the last things to clear. Like with anything else...it depends. There are almost always exceptions to nearly everything.

Unless it's cut and dry, quals usually wait until the BI is completed because the BI pretty much verifies the quals. Also, quals are done in batches rather than one at a time. People often sit a bit waiting for the office close down and switch into 'qual mode' for the day.
      I called CASS this morning and my quals were COMPLETED! It also said my case was in the security office, which is new for me. I am still waiting for my medical, VBT, and Background to clear. I qualified with education and work experience, and have yet to give them my transcripts. I also have not met with a BI investigator so i dont think my quals were "cut and dry"

Does anyone know if "your case is in the security office" means that I will be contacted by a BI investigator soon?

Comment

• Originally posted by Propjay View Post
        I just came back from Fletc in my 13th week of CBP's 16th week program. I failed my run by 4 secs. When I first tested I ran it in 1855. My final test I ran 1634. I've never been as down as I was on that plane ride. They wouldn't recycle me so I applied to ICE and kept running. I was so disappointed because I was a 144 - 149 shooter. Had a 92 test average and had two test to go. Anyway I think it's a good job with the opportunity to work in other countries, good pay and job security in these times you can't ask for more...... Stamp away
        Keep your head up high. Continue making exercise a primary routine from this point on forward. Start submitting those applications again. Remember, the run time limit will drop at FLETC and will go in affect soon.. good luck.

Comment

I just came back from Fletc in my 13th week of CBP's 16th week program. I failed my run by 4 secs. When I first tested I ran it in 1855. My final test I ran 1634. I've never been as down as I was on that plane ride. They wouldn't recycle me so I applied to ICE and kept running. I was so disappointed because I was a 144 - 149 shooter. Had a 92 test average and had two test to go. Anyway I think it's a good job with the opportunity to work in other countries, good pay and job security in these times you can't ask for more...... Stamp away
          Keep your chin up, and keep running. During your runs keep telling yourself no pain no gain. Nothing worth doing is easy. When I started running about a year ago I had about your same time. But after running every other day I have been able to get my 1.5 mile time down to 12 even with no problems. I even go an extra 2 miles for BP training afterwards.
          Luck is where preparation meets opportunity. - Seneca

Comment

Sorry to hear. Will you be able to reapply to CBP in the future? Hope everything works out for you.
            Last edited by D.Vader; 05-21-2009, 08:16 PM. Reason: previously answered

Comment

• I think that I run the 1.5 in around 14 mins. I don't know what that will translate to in southern Georgia. Probably a 30 minute passout fest. Don't feel too bad. Us northeasterners arn't built for that weather.
              CBPO
              GEO - NY/JFK
              TEST - 03/08 (NOR: 04/08)

TO - 01/09
              PE Forms - Completed
              Fitness - Completed
              VBT - 03/09 - Completed
              Drug Screen - Completed
              Qual - 05/09 - Completed
              B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
              Medical - 05/09 - Completed
              TSU

EOD: ???
              FLETC: ???

Comment

• Originally posted by TPA3312 View Post
                Keep your chin up, and keep running. During your runs keep telling yourself no pain no gain. Nothing worth doing is easy. When I started running about a year ago I had about your same time. But after running every other day I have been able to get my 1.5 mile time down to 12 even with no problems. I even go an extra 2 miles for BP training
                afterwards.
                What are the qualifying times for the run at Fletc?

I'm sorry to hear that. I ho

Comment

• Originally posted by sassy7932 View Post
                  What are the qualifying times for the run at Fletc?

I'm sorry to hear that. I ho
                  If I remember correctly 15:30 for CBPO and 12:30 for BP. 15:30 is the new time effective Oct. 2009. Old time was 16:30.

Comment

• Originally posted by TPA3312 View Post
                    If I remember correctly 15:30 for CBPO and 12:30 for BP. 15:30 is the new time effective Oct. 2009. Old time was 16:30.
                    thanks for the info. Gonna work on getting it down. Gonna also look over the physical packet I got in d mail Ref d academy.

Comment

• Tomorrow will be day 50 for me in TSU for LAX/LB.. yay...

Comment

• Can anyone at fletc tell me what the new quals for firearms are i was told its 210.

Comment

• Originally posted by az90640 View Post
                          Can anyone at fletc tell me what the new quals for firearms are i was told its 210.
                          Didn't Bizzy930 already answer that for you?

Originally posted by Bizzy930 View Post
                          Its a course set for 300 possible points. I just went through the 150 course and qualify with a score of 148. 300 course is that much harder. Fletc standard is taking over.

Comment

• Originally posted by TuffStuffCBP View Post
                            I think that I run the 1.5 in around 14 mins. I don't know what that will translate to in southern Georgia. Probably a 30 minute passout fest. Don't feel too bad. Us northeasterners arn't built for that weather.
                            I'm from Washington. I wilt in the humidity.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1806 View Post
                              I'm from Washington. I wilt in the humidity.
                              Yeah, the humidity down south is horrible. Luckily I live in Florida so I am already used to the humidity and heat from running mid-day. If BP calls first and I head to Artesia, NM, the altitude will be something I have to get used to.

Comment

• Thanks. I hate running..... It's so boring but now I do it everyday!!! But sprinting, my agility test, I benched the whole damn rack (380) everything else I was good. 4 secs. I applied to ICE bc they were hiring in my area. My test is June 3rd. Fletc is a great experience.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 13785 users online. 395 members and 13390 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X