300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by EWUCrimj View Post
    So from that package do you get to choose or is it pretty much where they want to put you? I live like 10 minutes from spokane airport so that would be awesome in my situation. Any idea what the total processing time, from test to hire, for expedited locations is?
    As far as I know when they call you for your EOD date they may only allow you to pick from two of those locations or three, maybe all four it just depends on man power at each im sure.
    Last edited by Tarheel1; 04-14-2008, 08:53 PM.
    CBPO
    Test-11/07, T.O. 1/08 (WA)
    Med/Fit-completed 1/08
    Forms/Drug/VBT-completed 2/08
    Quals-completed 6/08
    BI-completed 8/08
    Referred to Schedule EOD 8/15/08

The Call-9/29/08
    Start-10/14/08
    FLETC-11/13/08

CBPI-911

Comment

• tarheel from the looks of your process we are exactly at the same spot. I think its been a little more than 8 months since forever. Good luck bro!
      What if quotas did exist?!

Comment

• Has anyone ever been sent a letter stating they want you to clarify somethings in your BI. The letter is from DC and its the IA division. I was sent one and sent the letter back, I was wondering if anyone knows how that process goes?? Like who reads your response and makes the determination. I sent the letter with 5 letters of recommendations from my Lt and 4 Sgts from the San Diego Sheriffs Department.

Comment

• Is the entry examination for a CBPO scored on a percentage? I noticed somene got 106 so I doubt this is the case. I took the test and knew about 75-80% of the answers for certain. Also, how would they score sections 4 and 5, Since there is no "correct" answer? Im probably freaking out about nothing.

Comment

• Originally posted by EWUCrimj View Post
            Is the entry examination for a CBPO scored on a percentage? I noticed somene got 106 so I doubt this is the case. I took the test and knew about 75-80% of the answers for certain. Also, how would they score sections 4 and 5, Since there is no "correct" answer? Im probably freaking out about nothing.

There is a possible 100 on the test. There are an additional 5 and 10 veterans preferance points added for those that qualify. So a perfect score with 10 preference points would be a 110. I scored a 94 with 10 preference points and my rating was 104. A person rating a 106 had to have scored a 96 out of the hundered and had 10 preference points.

Who knows how or if the psyc eval was scored but good question. Do not sweat it. Study the guide you have been or will be sent and you will do fine.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ry greve View Post
              There is a possible 100 on the test. There are an additional 5 and 10 veterans preferance points added for those that qualify. So a perfect score with 10 preference points would be a 110. I scored a 94 with 10 preference points and my rating was 104. A person rating a 106 had to have scored a 96 out of the hundered and had 10 preference points.

Who knows how or if the psyc eval was scored but good question. Do not sweat it. Study the guide you have been or will be sent and you will do fine.

My bad, you already tested, so no worries. One down and several other steps to go along the way.

Good luck

Comment

• Has anyone ever been sent a letter stating they want you to clarify somethings in your BI.
                Mine has all been via phone and me faxing in.

I am all done and good to go.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rather_Static View Post
                  Mine has all been via phone and me faxing in.

I am all done and good to go.
                  Do you guys mind telling me how long it took for your BI's? It's been about 4 months for me, and about two since I last spoke with my investigator. I called him recently, to ask a question, and he seemed surprised that I haven't received a call. I don't have anything negative in my background except for some credit issues almost 10 years ago, and I have some credit cards that I need to pay down. So I'm a little concerned that I haven't heard anything. I have moved quite a bit, so maybe that is the problem.
                  Last edited by will0861; 03-15-2008, 02:58 AM. Reason: Poor Grammar
                  ICE IEA

May 08 Written Test
                  Feb 09 TO-Los Angeles
                  March 09 Medical/PT/Drug Test
                  July 09 Oral Board
                  Background Started 11/16/09

EOD 11/23/09 San Bernardino
                  Academy class 006 12/03/09-04/13/10

Comment

• hey will what location are you hoping to work at??

Comment

• If I switch my preference of location to Vermont, does that mean I will be going to Burlington? Or are there different POEs in Vermont? I orginally chose Buffalo as my preference but from what I have gathered, I think I had better stay away from Buffalo.

Also, if anyone has any info on Vermont or Buffalo POEs, that would be appreciated. I have been able to find some (mostly negative) things regarding Buffalo, but almost nothing referencing Vermont. Thanks folks

Comment

• Originally posted by ec2749 View Post
                        If I switch my preference of location to Vermont, does that mean I will be going to Burlington? Or are there different POEs in Vermont? I orginally chose Buffalo as my preference but from what I have gathered, I think I had better stay away from Buffalo.

Also, if anyone has any info on Vermont or Buffalo POEs, that would be appreciated. I have been able to find some (mostly negative) things regarding Buffalo, but almost nothing referencing Vermont. Thanks folks
                        From what I've heard, you stand little chance of being offered Burlington.
                        There are quite a few PoE's in VT. Most likely you'll see Highgate or Derby Line as choices, maybe one of the smaller outports.

Comment

• I've been in EOD status for almost 2 months.....question is...are there people who have passed and sent on to EOD who are simply never called because the have too many applicants?....the battle for EOD has been long and hard but is seeming to be all for nothing if they never actually call... Just curious if anyone knows of someone/situation where this has happened.

Comment

• Does anyone know on average which type of port (Sea or Air) has more OT availability? I have my exam next week and I am applying in Miami. I hope to learn a lot more about CBP on this site.

Comment

• Well...here it all is:

Tested Feb 2007 in Detroit...accepted a class date of April 10th today.

Stick with it guys...I am 35 next month..so I am glad to get this thing rolling finally...

Semper Fi.

R_S..

Comment

• Originally posted by will0861 View Post
                                Do you guys mind telling me how long it took for your BI's?...

I met with the BI in late December...got the all clear last week as in my previous post.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10767 users online. 381 members and 10386 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X