Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I meet with my BI here in about 3 hrs. Made all of the copies that he asked for, plus included a few extra things that he didn't. Such as a copy of my security clearance that I had while I was in the Military.

I will update this afternoon after i meet him, to let everyone know how it went.
    CBPO
    Written: ~06-08
    T.O.: 3-09
    Pre-employment forms: 3-09 Completed
    Fitness: 4-09 Completed
    Medical: 4-09 Completed
    VBT: 3-09 Completed
    Drug test: 3-09 Completed
    Quals: 4-09 Completed
    B.I.: 08-06-09 Completed
    Geo Pref: SW - Texas/NM (Took El Paso, TX)
    TSU:08-07-09
    EOD:08-17-09
    FLETC:Sept 10 - Dec 30

"While watching you through the scope of my rifle, all I can say is: "You can run but you WILL die tired""

Comment

• Meeting with my investigator tomorrow morning. Unfortunately, my hearing exam didn't go to well today, so I'll see what happens.

On the form for my audiologist one of the tests says "All speech recognition tests must use recorded word lists." At the facility they did not have a recorded word list, instead she spoke the words to me. The audiologist left that part blank on the medical unit form, but on the instructions it states that the hearing form must be completed in its entirety following noted testing guidelines. Incomplete responses will result in discontinuation of the medical review process. She wrote the results of the spoken words on the form but I'm stressing because I don't want to be dropped.

Has anyone experienced this? Would I be dropped because of this & what should I do?
      Written: 12-11-08
      Medical: 3-28-09 Pending
      B.I.: 5-21-09 pending

Comment

• Originally posted by CBPhOpeful View Post
        Meeting with my investigator tomorrow morning. Unfortunately, my hearing exam didn't go to well today, so I'll see what happens.

On the form for my audiologist one of the tests says "All speech recognition tests must use recorded word lists." At the facility they did not have a recorded word list, instead she spoke the words to me. The audiologist left that part blank on the medical unit form, but on the instructions it states that the hearing form must be completed in its entirety following noted testing guidelines. Incomplete responses will result in discontinuation of the medical review process. She wrote the results of the spoken words on the form but I'm stressing because I don't want to be dropped.

Has anyone experienced this? Would I be dropped because of this & what should I do?
        I would email or call the medical unit so they can advise you appropriately. YOu don't want to risk it.
        CBPO
        Test: July 2008
        TO: 12/26/08
        VBT 1/21/09-passed
        Medical - 1/21/09 - cleared 4/28
        Fitness - 1/21/09 - passed
        Drug test - 2/5/09- passed
        BI - Cleared
        TSU -4/29/09 (Buffalo)
        BI2 - cleared 8/11

ICE Special Agent
        Test 7/22/09 passed

Comment

• Looks like our local Sheriff is trying to help get more staffing down here on the Southwest Border.

http://www.elpasotimes.com/newupdated/ci_12411225
          CBPO
          Written: ~06-08
          T.O.: 3-09
          Pre-employment forms: 3-09 Completed
          Fitness: 4-09 Completed
          Medical: 4-09 Completed
          VBT: 3-09 Completed
          Drug test: 3-09 Completed
          Quals: 4-09 Completed
          B.I.: 08-06-09 Completed
          Geo Pref: SW - Texas/NM (Took El Paso, TX)
          TSU:08-07-09
          EOD:08-17-09
          FLETC:Sept 10 - Dec 30

"While watching you through the scope of my rifle, all I can say is: "You can run but you WILL die tired""

Comment

• i went through that step. it clearly states in the directions that u must complete all the tests and MAKE SURE THE TESTING SITE CAN COMPLETE ALL THE REQUIRED PARTS. the reason why it cant be spoken is because they set the tone of the words to an exact level.. call the medical dept and find out what they say. tsu for buffalo also.. there are a ton of audiologist in buffalo that have the word list recording.. let me know how you make out.. good luck
            CBPO

Comment

• Originally posted by TuffStuffCBP View Post
              Showtime;

So you've left us hanging. Was it an offer?
              Sorry.. No offer. It was a call telling me I have 30 days to pay off a $10,000 debt. If i become UNSUITABLE than I wont be able to apply for a federal job for 3 yrs. If I withdraw my application I will be able to apply when there's another opening. So lets see what I can come up with in 30days
              CBPOJFK
              Exam 03/2008---86
              Pre-Employment Forms---08/2008 check
              Qualifications---07/2008---GS 5 check
              Medical 07/2008---08/2009 check
              Drug Test---07/2008 check
              VBT---07/2008 check
              Fitness---8/2009 check
              BI---08/13/2009 check

Referred to Schedule EOD 8/28/2009 TSU BABY!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by UofU76 View Post
                Does "the call" come from Washington or the Minneapolis hiring center?
                It comes from Washington
                CBPOJFK
                Exam 03/2008---86
                Pre-Employment Forms---08/2008 check
                Qualifications---07/2008---GS 5 check
                Medical 07/2008---08/2009 check
                Drug Test---07/2008 check
                VBT---07/2008 check
                Fitness---8/2009 check
                BI---08/13/2009 check

Referred to Schedule EOD 8/28/2009 TSU BABY!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShowT1me78 View Post
                  Sorry.. No offer. It was a call telling me I have 30 days to pay off a $10,000 debt. If i become UNSUITABLE than I wont be able to apply for a federal job for 3 yrs. If I withdraw my application I will be able to apply when there's another opening. So lets see what I can come up with in 30days
                  $10 grand, Holy Jeez. They'e put me through the ringer too if it makes you feel any better.
                  CBPO
                  GEO - NY/JFK
                  TEST - 03/08 (NOR: 04/08)

TO - 01/09
                  PE Forms - Completed
                  Fitness - Completed
                  VBT - 03/09 - Completed
                  Drug Screen - Completed
                  Qual - 05/09 - Completed
                  B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
                  Medical - 05/09 - Completed
                  TSU

EOD: ???
                  FLETC: ???

Comment

It comes from Washington
                    The final offer call comes from DC?
                    Luck is where preparation meets opportunity. - Seneca

Comment

• Originally posted by TPA3312 View Post
                      The final offer call comes from DC?
                      No, youre final suitability determination comes from IA in washington. Youre final job offer comes from the MHC.

Comment

Are you behind on payments on this debt? Just curious because I have a some debt of my own that I am trying to payoff but hope it doesn't negatively affect my background.

Comment

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
                          No, youre final suitability determination comes from IA in washington. Youre final job offer comes from the MHC.
                          Thats what I thought, but I wanted to confirm.

Originally posted by TPA3312 View Post
                          From my understanding "the call" comes from the MHC, and that makes sense since their phone number is a 612 area code. IA on the other hand comes from DC, since they have a 202 area code.

Comment

• what's IA?

Comment

• Originally posted by davidB. View Post
                              what's IA?
                              Internal Affairs. They are the people who adjudicate your background investigation.

Comment

Damn! That's a lot to ask for in such a short amount of time. If you don't mind me asking that 10k they want you to pay off, is that "bad debt" Meaning, a charge off account or collections?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5475 users online. 332 members and 5143 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X