300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ruraldeputy View Post
    Took my test last July and finally went into TSU in late April with a GEO of Maine and waiting for the call.

Hey does anybody know what CBP policy is on outside employment?

Thanks.
    It needs to be pre-approved.

As Mike said, just about any port with large amounts of OT will likely tell you to work CBP OT rather than a second job. A port with little OT might approve a secondary job.

Anything LE/security related will usually be a hard sell for approval. Anything Immigration or Customs related almost certainly won't fly.

Comment

• Originally posted by colby1122 View Post
      That's cool. Well good luck in getting in. It took me roughly 10 months or so all together. Took the initial test in late July, got the fitness test and medical stuff and vbt done before December. And had my BI completed by Feb. Once I got in TSU it only took a week before I got a phone call, so I got lucky I guess, compared to others who have been waiting forever. But I think most people who apply to Maine don't wait too long in TSU from my own personal experiences from people I worked with getting into CBP.

Good luck with everything and maybe we'll run into each other in the big city of Jackman .
      WOW!!! I could only wish to be that lucky, but we'll see. I look forward to running into ya in that big city........... with its whopping population of 712 residents..........
      CBPO
      GEO PREFERENCE -Jackman, ME
      WRITTEN: 11-Aug-08
      NOR: 17-Sep-08 93
      TO: 12-Feb-09
      VBT: 03-Apr-09 Passed
      MEDICAL/PHYSICAL: 20-Apr-09 Passed
      BI: 06-May-09 (Pending)
      DRUG TEST: 14-May-09 Passed

Comment

• Originally posted by audi0xpl0de View Post
        Are you from Jackman? Why would you be so excited to go there?
        Hey audi0xpl0de,

Nope, I'm not from Jackman. I just love the cold and living in peaceful, remote, isolated places. I treasure my solitude and the idea of having my nearest neighbor no closer than a few miles away (Alaska here I come)!

Regards,
        K
        Last edited by Just-K; 05-20-2009, 03:31 AM. Reason: Misspelled screen name
        CBPO
        GEO PREFERENCE -Jackman, ME
        WRITTEN: 11-Aug-08
        NOR: 17-Sep-08 93
        TO: 12-Feb-09
        VBT: 03-Apr-09 Passed
        MEDICAL/PHYSICAL: 20-Apr-09 Passed
        BI: 06-May-09 (Pending)
        DRUG TEST: 14-May-09 Passed

Comment

• if i get a final offer and i turn it down due to personal reason;s what will happen if i wanted to do CBP or BPA later on will i have to start all over from the beginning or will my info still be on fill i know for BPA i would have to test and all from the begining. but what about CBP?
          "Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem." President Ronald Reagan.

Comment

• Ny

Originally posted by drcapp View Post
            I did not receive a letter informing me I reached TSU.
            This is what the CASS system says

Referred to Schedule EOD4/24/2009

You have been referred to the scheduling unit. Generally an applicant can expect to be contacted to schedule their entrance on duty and/or training in 30 - 60 days. Depending on an applicant's selected locations scheduling calls could be extended an additional 30 days or more.
            Which location is your geo employment

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
              Depending on your geographical location choice and your score it's possible for you to see a TO before the end of June. Let's hope you aced the test.
              How is JFK looking for TOS these days?

Comment

• Showtime;

So you've left us hanging. Was it an offer?
                CBPO
                GEO - NY/JFK
                TEST - 03/08 (NOR: 04/08)

TO - 01/09
                PE Forms - Completed
                Fitness - Completed
                VBT - 03/09 - Completed
                Drug Screen - Completed
                Qual - 05/09 - Completed
                B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
                Medical - 05/09 - Completed
                TSU

EOD: ???
                FLETC: ???

Comment

• Is Their A Number I Can Call To Check To The Status Of Scheduling?

Comment

• Hello all, its been a pretty long time since I last had a chance to post... but since graduation in Dec, ive been to Charleston for spanish training and back on the floor at MIA, when other officers on here say there is no replacement for experience... they are right, everyday you learn a little more to catch the bad guys. And for people headed to the ports, my advice.. is to volunteer for things... wether, departures, searching bags, counting money, copying paperwork, patdowns, whatever you can... get your name out there and let them see you are willing to work then youll be rewarded down the road.

The OT is basically unlimited for now here at MIA, whenever I apply for it... I get it. But I do say for now, it seems that every week there are about 10-15 new people coming from FLETC.

I hope those in FLETC are doing well, Congrats to those who have graduated... and be safe to the ones already out there.
                    Day one at CBP: Aug 4th, 2008
                    Day one at FLETC: Sept 3, 2008 Class 863
                    Graduated Dec 18, 2008

Its game on from here....

Comment

• Originally posted by ShowT1me78 View Post
                      Just an update... Got a call from DC at around 250p Eastern time (from NYC)... Lady leaves a message to call back, I call back at 24 times from 4pm til 5pm no answer. I guess its going to be a Sleepless Night in NYC. Hoping its a job offer and not that I have to set up a payment arrangement with 1 creditor.
                      Does "the call" come from Washington or the Minneapolis hiring center?

Comment

• My geo location is buffalo,ny

Comment

• Originally posted by nycmike87 View Post
                          TSU= Training Service Unit
                          That is where you sit when your done with your process. Till you Get the CALL and are given An EOD"Enter on Duty" date. Basically your first day on the Job. anymore questions?
                          TSU actually is an acronym for "Training and Scheduling Unit". That is where oddly enough, they schedule you for training.

Comment

• Originally posted by UofU76 View Post
                            Does "the call" come from Washington or the Minneapolis hiring center?
                            From my understanding "the call" comes from the MHC, and that makes sense since their phone number is a 612 area code. IA on the other hand comes from DC, since they have a 202 area code.
                            Last edited by TPA3312; 05-20-2009, 11:36 AM.
                            Luck is where preparation meets opportunity. - Seneca

Comment

• I met my investigator at my work place. Maybe done within 2 hrs. Luckily I made copies of everything. He spoke with my co-workers and my HR person. Then he left to visit my previous employers. I actually met up with him after work (6pm) to visit my neighbors and friends. We talked and joked around. So I hope things goes smoothly...

You guys think the BI would put in few good words on my file before he sends it to his upper supervisors?
                              TSU - 8/28/09
                              TO - 3/2009
                              On the job

Comment

• Originally posted by sr20 View Post
                                I met my investigator at my work place. Maybe done within 2 hrs. Luckily I made copies of everything. He spoke with my co-workers and my HR person. Then he left to visit my previous employers. I actually met up with him after work (6pm) to visit my neighbors and friends. We talked and joked around. So I hope things goes smoothly...

You guys think the BI would put in few good words on my file before he sends it to his upper supervisors?
                                Well Im almost certain that once they do their report, they have a comments section where they can put in their 2 cents and if they'd recommend you or not. Do know if that carries any water with the adjudicators, but i betcha they put their opinion somewhere.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10627 users online. 507 members and 10120 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X