300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 1Lnation View Post
    Does anyone know about the Drug Test process? Is it a spontaneous test....or should I call to find out the status? I got everything else taken care of except Drug and Background (I see a lot of people took their drug test around the time of their Med/Physical/Qual/Pre-employment).
    They will call you and give you an appointment that you have to show up for in 2-3 days. The drug test is the part of the process that takes the least amount of time to complete and get results for so don't worry about it holding up the process.

Comment

Does anyone know about the Drug Test process? Is it a spontaneous test....or should I call to find out the status? I got everything else taken care of except Drug and Background (I see a lot of people took their drug test around the time of their Med/Physical/Qual/Pre-employment).
      Mine was the last thing that I did.

I guess they wanted to give me a few months to clean up.

Comment

• Originally posted by DubEu16 View Post
        Im 20 years old and im worried about my quals...should I be.still waiting on that and drug test. Met with my BI twice since thursday going to meet up with him again tomorrow to look at the finished copy before he sends it in. any insight on...a). should I worry about my quals b) why havent I taken my drug test yet when it says pending on cass
        Quals is the last thing that will clear.

Comment

• I finally cleared background. All that's left is the quals which MHS contacted me about, hopefully working a F/T job for 7 years with in all sorts of different fields is enough. To this point, it's been almost 10 months since the written test.
          CBPO
          GEO - Vermont
          Written - 07/08
          NOR - 08/08 - 99 (no vets)
          TO - 11/08
          Forms - 11/08 Completed
          VBT - 12/08 Completed
          Fitness / Medical - 12/08 Completed
          Drug Screen - 1/09 Completed
          Background - 02/09 met BIs - 04/09 Completed
          Quals - 05/09 Completed
          TSU - 05/21/09

Comment

They had me do my drug test the same day as I did my VBT. So far the last thing I'm waiting to clear right now is my BI, But I meet with him tomorrow afternoon.
            CBPO
            Written: ~06-08
            T.O.: 3-09
            Pre-employment forms: 3-09 Completed
            Fitness: 4-09 Completed
            Medical: 4-09 Completed
            VBT: 3-09 Completed
            Drug test: 3-09 Completed
            Quals: 4-09 Completed
            B.I.: 08-06-09 Completed
            Geo Pref: SW - Texas/NM (Took El Paso, TX)
            TSU:08-07-09
            EOD:08-17-09
            FLETC:Sept 10 - Dec 30

"While watching you through the scope of my rifle, all I can say is: "You can run but you WILL die tired""

Comment

• Originally posted by breadbooze View Post
              I finally cleared background. All that's left is the quals which MHS contacted me about, hopefully working a F/T job for 7 years with in all sorts of different fields is enough. To this point, it's been almost 10 months since the written test.
              Are you in process for JFK? How long did it take you to get a TO and what was your test score. Thanks.

Comment

Drug tests are the same for all military, federal and law enforcement jobs. Completely random and could be initiated once in a career or every month. Ive had times in the militarty where my number came up 3 months in a row and other times not once in a year.

Comment

• Originally posted by DubEu16 View Post
                  Im 20 years old and im worried about my quals...should I be.still waiting on that and drug test. Met with my BI twice since thursday going to meet up with him again tomorrow to look at the finished copy before he sends it in. any insight on...a). should I worry about my quals b) why havent I taken my drug test yet when it says pending on cass
                  How would we know if you should be worried about your quals? You haven't provided us with any information about your job/school history. If you can do that, then we can give you a better idea.

Everything will say "pending" on CASS until you take that step and either pass or fail it.

Comment

• Originally posted by breadbooze View Post
                    I finally cleared background. All that's left is the quals which MHS contacted me about, hopefully working a F/T job for 7 years with in all sorts of different fields is enough. To this point, it's been almost 10 months since the written test.
                    I've just cleared the year mark 2 months ago since the written test. I'm still waiting on the BI to complete.

This process is probably going to take 2 years in full until I am a CBP officer, that's if I'm very lucky.

Did you go into TSU yet?
                    CBPO
                    GEO - NY/JFK
                    TEST - 03/08 (NOR: 04/08)

TO - 01/09
                    PE Forms - Completed
                    Fitness - Completed
                    VBT - 03/09 - Completed
                    Drug Screen - Completed
                    Qual - 05/09 - Completed
                    B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
                    Medical - 05/09 - Completed
                    TSU

EOD: ???
                    FLETC: ???

Comment

• Originally posted by imlikeaninja View Post
                      Quals is the last thing that will clear.
                      There doesn't seem to be any set order for things. My quals cleared pretty early on. I think they may have cleared before I had my med/pt test.

I'm still waiting on my med to clear since they made me go see an orthopedic surgeon because I go to the chiropractor.

Seems like my BI is on hold till the med clears.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                        Maybe the next pull for Miami is scheduled 45 days from now. It's possible they're doing you "a favor" by getting you current for the summer.
                        Good way to look at it

just so everyone knows, when they pull you from TSU to take your med/fitness tests again you go back into TSU in the SAME ORDER you went in once you pass again - in other words, I am reinserted with the same date which is 3/26. You do NOT lose your space in line.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlmostDone View Post
                          Hey Robeans, you mentioned that you have some days saved up when you graduate FLETC. Exactly how many days can you take off? Before you start at the port.
                          If your new to federal service, you'll have around 3 saved up. Your port may let you take a couple of more and go in the hole with leave, but that's between you and your port.

Comment

• Originally posted by davidB. View Post
                            Thanks, that answers my questions perfectly. I wasn't planning on driving unless I could make some sort of road trip out of it, and was kind of hoping i could just get by without a car. I wasn't looking forward to the drive. My family said they'd mail me my bicycle lol (is mail even an option there?)

Not a drinker myself and i'll probably be hanging around studying or something.

Going crazy over here and it's only day 7 in TSU for LAX/LB

Trying to figure out which port I would prefer, if even given the choice.
                            Do not just hang out and study. If your become a dorm rat you'll drive yourself nuts. You need to get out and do cool stuff. We spent the 4th of July on Jacksonville beach, which is nice on the eyes. If you retain much from class, you won't need to study very often.

And as far as mail goes, anything you can mail, you can receive at FLETC. Or you can just buy a bike from someone graduating or you buy a cheapo at Walmart.

Remember guys, FLECT is not military basic training. One the class bell rings your free to do whatever you want within the bounds of the law and FLETC policies.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sakic View Post
                              There doesn't seem to be any set order for things. My quals cleared pretty early on. I think they may have cleared before I had my med/pt test.

I'm still waiting on my med to clear since they made me go see an orthopedic surgeon because I go to the chiropractor.

Seems like my BI is on hold till the med clears.
                              Quals are usually the last or one of the last things to clear. Like with anything else...it depends. There are almost always exceptions to nearly everything.

Unless it's cut and dry, quals usually wait until the BI is completed because the BI pretty much verifies the quals. Also, quals are done in batches rather than one at a time. People often sit a bit waiting for the office close down and switch into 'qual mode' for the day.

Comment

• Originally posted by D.Vader View Post
                                After waiting two months I am also able to post. Im waiting for an SFO/Oak TO, but my current TO is CA, SW Border. I have a feeling we're in for a long wait.
                                I have been in TSU for SF/OAK for 50 or so days, some guy on here 90 or so days for sf/oak.
                                looks like hiring has stopped for now. bad timing. whats your tsu date?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11255 users online. 244 members and 11011 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X