300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Darth Vader View Post
    Hello to all, I am new to the forum and I have a question. I passed my medical on 4/22 (showed in CASS) and am in TSU as of 4/28 but I did not receive a letter stating that I passed my medical. Do they send a letter or do we just go by what CASS says? Thanks.
    Nope. You will not get a letter stating you passed the medical/physical. You will get a letter saying you were sent to TSU.
    Luck is where preparation meets opportunity. - Seneca

Comment

• Originally posted by TPA3312 View Post
      You will get a letter saying you were sent to TSU.
      Some people get that letter, some don't.
      ICE IEA Philadelphia FO (Dingmans Ferry, PA)
      Written: 5/15/08
      NOR: 5/20/08
      TO: 10/28/08
      Medical/Drug Test: Cleared from CBP
      Fitness: 2/02/09
      BI: 3/15/09
      OB: 4/24
      EOD: 7/27
      FLETC: 7/29 (Class 928)

CBPO Pennsylvania
      Written: 3/15/08
      NOR: 4/2/08
      TO: 5/22/08
      Pre-Emp Forms: 6/2/08
      Fitness/Medical: 6/18/08
      VBT: 6/30/08
      Drug Test: 7/10/08
      Quals: (GS-7) 7/23/08
      Met w/ BI: 9/24/08
      BI submitted: 10/10/08
      TSU: 4/2/09
      Removed from TSU (med/fit): 6/4
      EOD:

Comment

• Originally posted by bpyankees2 View Post
        Thanks for the response.

Really? Buffalo will always need new hires? Thanks for the vote of confidence .

I just tested in April and I feel like there are so many people ahead of me. I got a 95 on the exam, and have my BI done already because I applied for BP in january. Hopefully, that is enough to get an offer within the next year. I really hope they don't stop hiring or anything.
        This is just a SWAG, but at any given time there is probably between 450-500 Officers in Buffalo and about 15 to 50 open slots.

Yeah...Buffalo is one of those ports that never stops hiring.
        Last edited by merlin436; 05-18-2009, 06:12 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by JDNoble81 View Post
          Some people get that letter, some don't.
          Thanks
          Last edited by Darth Vader; 06-12-2009, 08:52 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
            I'm pretty sure your traveling to Canada or Mexico after your BI clears or even after you fill out the SF-86 won't affect anything. Your travels were questioned as to prior to filling out your forms and prior to meeting your BI, so a trip should not affect your status in any way, and I seriously doubt that you have to call IA to notify them of your trip. You are in TSU and they should be your contact for anything. Wish I was in TSU as well!!!...

I wish you were in TSU also you and barnj deserve it.
            Tested March 08
            TO June 08
            Medical COMPLETE 12/08
            VBT complete 08 passed
            Qualification GS-5 September 08
            BI September 08 complete April 09

FITNESS REDO AUG 7TH FAILED
            NOW IT IS TIME TO START ALL OVER AGAIN

Comment

• Originally posted by buenhec
              Anyone have test results yet from late April? I tested April 28 in San Diego and would like to know if test results are comming in fairly quickly.... (turning 37 this summer...tic toc)
              Hey Buenhec, no word here yet and I tested around the same time as you. Hopefully soon!

Comment

• Hello

Hey There,

I've been trying to register on these forums forever. I check officer.com and CASS out everyday, biting my fingers waiting for my EOD and FLETC date.

Everything has gone rather smoothly except the medical. Still waiting on the BI and Qual results.

I look forward to working with you if this thing ever turns out to be more than a pipe dream.

*Also, I've read the Yoda Saga. If It makes you feel any better I took the test over a year ago and my file was left on the Medical desk to collect dust until I called to clear it up.
                CBPO
                GEO - NY/JFK
                TEST - 03/08 (NOR: 04/08)

TO - 01/09
                PE Forms - Completed
                Fitness - Completed
                VBT - 03/09 - Completed
                Drug Screen - Completed
                Qual - 05/09 - Completed
                B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
                Medical - 05/09 - Completed
                TSU

EOD: ???
                FLETC: ???

Comment

• Tuffstuffcbp,
                  just curious that you met with your B.I. & your medical hasn't cleared yet. On CASS it says that until my medical clears I will not meet with an investigator. Hopefully my hearing test goes well so I can join those already in TSU!
                  Written: 12-11-08
                  Medical: 3-28-09 Pending
                  B.I.: 5-21-09 pending

Comment

• Originally posted by CBPhOpeful View Post
                    Tuffstuffcbp,
                    just curious that you met with your B.I. & your medical hasn't cleared yet. On CASS it says that until my medical clears I will not meet with an investigator. Hopefully my hearing test goes well so I can join those already in TSU!
                    I really have no idea. My DHS nurse was suprised that I had met with my BI too. I keep wondering if my completed BI file is just being ignored until my medical clears. I hope Quals and BI clear so that I have a reason to ask the Med team to hustle for me.
                    Last edited by TuffStuffCBP; 05-18-2009, 09:03 PM.
                    CBPO
                    GEO - NY/JFK
                    TEST - 03/08 (NOR: 04/08)

TO - 01/09
                    PE Forms - Completed
                    Fitness - Completed
                    VBT - 03/09 - Completed
                    Drug Screen - Completed
                    Qual - 05/09 - Completed
                    B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
                    Medical - 05/09 - Completed
                    TSU

EOD: ???
                    FLETC: ???

Comment

• Originally posted by buenhec
                      Anyone have test results yet from late April? I tested April 28 in San Diego and would like to know if test results are comming in fairly quickly.... (turning 37 this summer...tic toc)
                      I really hate to burst your bubble but, if you are going to be 37 in summer and summer is alomost here, the way things are going i'm sorry i don't think you will get a TO...if you didn't even get a NOR yet. The age limit might just catch you in the end bro...sorry.
                      These hands need your guidance!

Comment

• Originally posted by kazmtj22 View Post
                        Hello everyone. I am a new hire for the port of Buffalo. EOD was 5/11/09 and FLETC is 6/11/09. I am very glad to be part of the CBP community. So far it seems like it should be an excellent career move with many opportunities to branch off of.
                        In this job, a lot can do with what you make of it.

Good luck and welcome aboard.

Comment

• The BI called me like 7:40pm when I'm eating dinner...Since then, Im still trying to gather all the information he needs. References and some paperwork...He is actually meeting with me tomorrow morning at my work place...

Guys and Gals, Please wish me luck....
                          TSU - 8/28/09
                          TO - 3/2009
                          On the job

Comment

• Some odd ball questions I haven't found yet. I like to know everything before it happens if possible so...

how much time do you get from your last day of EOD to your FLETC? a day? the weekend? And again, how much time from your last day of FLETC to your first day of working at your port? I ask because i'm reading it's best to have your own car there if possible, but I only think that's possible for those that live in a driveable distance. So Cal, probably not but who knows.

And for those at FLETC, what do your weekends consist of?

Comment

• Originally posted by sr20 View Post
                              The BI called me like 7:40pm when I'm eating dinner...Since then, Im still trying to gather all the information he needs. References and some paperwork...He is actually meeting with me tomorrow morning at my work place...

Guys and Gals, Please wish me luck....

Good luck brother, dress well. And Relax, you've already answered most of the questions in your packet.

Some tips:

Type up and print out as many references you can, complete with addresses and phone #'s. Make a neat list, your BI will appreciate this.

Go to freecreditreport.com and print out your latest credit report, once again your BI will appreciate this. Costs about $15 dollars.

Once again, good luck.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1Lnation View Post
                                Hello everyone...after two months I'm able to post. This is a great place to be knowing there are others waiting just like I am (feels like purgatory). Takes the edge off!!! There are alot of insightful people here (Merlin--Yoda whats up guys?) Anyone here waiting for SFO/OAK?
                                After waiting two months I am also able to post. Im waiting for an SFO/Oak TO, but my current TO is CA, SW Border. I have a feeling we're in for a long wait.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5587 users online. 359 members and 5228 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X