Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • imlikeaninja
    Forum Member
    • Sep 2008

[QUOTE=10-4EP;1815999]This may have already been asked but im fairly new to this site so im sorry if it has but I just wanted to know how long does it take after you meet with the Investigator for the BI to be over so that way they can call you for your EOD.

4 months and counting for me.

Comment

• sassy7932
      Forum Member
      • May 2009

Originally posted by bostoncommon
      Sassy,

No joke. I was just trying to find out how far "professional courtesy" goes? Are you allowed in your state to let someone stopped with an "DUI" go, based on your discretion? Isn't it considered a "criminal offense?"

I don't how it "works" in FLA. If you let someone go for a criminal offense, then you go find other employment.

As far as my "research goes." Check out (MGL Chap 90, Sec 24W) "OUI" Translates to "Operating Under The Influence." Criminal Offense.

Does a "drug recognition officer" draw blood. If not, you really don't know what's flowing through someone's vein? Making you, "not so much an expert."

I thought you were an "FTO?" I certainly hope you don't criticize them, like your doing to me?
      You know what, this is the last thing I say to you!! Mr. WANNABE COP!! A traffic offense is a criminal offense also, so if you let someone go on that, should you lose your job??? And YES DRE'S draw blood. Why don't you go and do some research. And YES you can tell with exercises what type of drugs a person has used. The way you sound, you would never pass that course, nor even get selected to attend one. And finally, yes I do criticize them the way I am doing you!! Besides, some FTO'S are WORSE!!! You need some thick skin to do this job, and by reading your questions and threads you don't have it. My suggestion to you is to look elsewhere because I can tell right off that LAW ENFORCEMENT IS NOT FOR YOU!!!!!! And thats the truth!

Oh, one more thing so all of the people on this form can validate my claim that YOU do not belong in law enforcement: That statute that you tried to throw at me about OPERATING UNDER THE INFLUENCE DOES NOT DEFINE THE LAW OR THE ACTIONS TO BE TAKEN AT THE TIME OF THE STOP. IT ONLY SPEAKS OF FORFEETURE OF YOUR VEHICLE OR VESSEL IF YOU HAVE BEEN CONVICTED OF "OUI" AT LEAST 3 TIMES.

Chapter 90: Section 24W. Forfeiture of motor vehicle owned by certain drunk driving offenders; procedure; Operating Under the Influence Deterrent Trust Fund

See, I told you to do your research and you failed once again!! I told you, you wont make it. I did the research you should have done and there is clearly a statute that pertains strictly to what an officer can do in that case. If you READ it, you will see the key words, MAY ARREST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THIS IS A CBP FORUM, NOT POLICE. NO MORE POSTS ON HERE FROM ME REGARDING THIS ISSUE.
      Last edited by sassy7932; 05-18-2009, 11:01 AM.

Comment

• MontgCounty33
        Federal Applicant
        • Jul 2008

Originally posted by yoda
        I myself fall just shy of the 3.0 GPA for GS-7, I was on the DEANS LIST my first year, it never even crossed my mind to enter that as a reason for me to get GS-7 pay and knowing first hand that my GPA was not going to meet the requirement I didn't try to go for a GS-7. You might be able to write up a very good letter trying to justify your GS-7 qualification, but that would be that, and it would be up to them to say yes or no. Now, knowing that you don't actually qualify first hand for GS-7, you might just want to go ahead and contact MHC to solve the issue once you have received your TO.

Once again it would be up to you to clarify or justify... then it would be up to them... in the past some have gotten away with a well written letter about their qualifications (without a degree) and did get GS-7.
        I thought you could have a 3.0 GPA for your last 2 yrs of related coursework and that would count for a GS-7. I put in for GS-7 based on that, even though my cumulative average was less than a 3.0 for all 4 years.
        ATF 1811 SA
        Applied - 10/13/09

CBPO (GEO - Philadelphia)
        Written Test - 5/11/09
        NOR (87) - 6/10/09

ICE IEA (GEO - Philadelphia)
        Written Test - 6/1/09
        NOR (88.9) - 6/22/09

ICE 1811 SA
        Written Test - 7/28/09
        Written - Passed - 8/10/09
        NOR (80.5 ugggh)

Comment

• DirtStyx
          • Jan 2009

Originally posted by sandwichman
          (sorry for the repost but I didn't think this one would get answered after the
          pay related posts from yesterday..)

When I took the written test and was asked what grade level I'd qualify for, I put down GS-7 based on having been in the PHI THETA KAPPA honor society while in community college and graduating with honors (my gpa there was 3.2). Sadly, by the time I completed my BS, my cumulative gpa had fallen to 2.8.

On the GS-7 grade determination worksheet, there's a list of scholastic honor societies but I don't see Phi Theta Kappa listed. I thought freshman honor society was just that, your first year of college/university or am I wrong and does that include your 2nd year as well? (I didn't get into the PTK until my sophmore year at community college).

There is another way to look at this situation. The worst case scenario is that you can only qualify for a 5. After one year, you're at a 7. How much time and hassle, dealing with MHC and your school, and coordinating transcripts and the like, do you really feel like spending on this? If you have no problems with hassles, then knock yourself out. The worst they can tell you is that you only qualify for 5. Since you don't seem to meet the criteria any longer, I would say that is the likely outcome. That is only my extremely limited opinion though. Good luck.

Even if I calculate the average of the grades I received for my required courses I'm still just shy of a 3.0 gpa. If Phi Theta Kappa is no good, bye bye GS-7, hello GS-5.

Comment

• DirtStyx
            • Jan 2009

Originally posted by SimiRob
            I am curious if the hiring process for many of you will take any longer due to CBP having little money (budget) to spend. At my current port we are waiting for transfers and those waiting to go to new ports, but there is no relocation money. I hope many of you will get the news you have been waiting for.

I am new to this forum and will pop in and out as often as I am able. CPB for 17 years (Legacy Customs) and 23 years Federal Government (BOP and Army). I have enjoyed my time here (CBP) and I hope you all with get the same opportunity! Best Wishes....
            Welcome Simi and we desperately look forward to any GOOD news you may pass along

Comment

• UofU76
              Forum Member
              • May 2009

Originally posted by barnaj
              You guys/gals need to move on with this topic. First of all, if you feel your life is endanger or another cop is in peril and you happen to be on the scene, then pull your weapon and use it and go from there. Other than that, this isnt Dodge City so you wont be pulling out your 6-shooter everyday. Second, nobody wears their badge on a chain around their neck while off duty unless its Keaneau Reeves in some movie. Just worry about getting through FLETC and getting to work on time and making your car payments. Enough said about that!
              You hit the nail on the head. That Keaneau Reeves comment had me laughing for awhile.

Comment

• UofU76
                Forum Member
                • May 2009

[QUOTE=imlikeaninja;1816098]
                Originally posted by 10-4EP
                This may have already been asked but im fairly new to this site so im sorry if it has but I just wanted to know how long does it take after you meet with the Investigator for the BI to be over so that way they can call you for your EOD.

4 months and counting for me.
                It can take months. Usually 4-6 months. Could be shorter, longer, depending on your background, how many places you have lived, jobs, etc..
                There are some people who get through very quickly, some people on here have been waiting a very long time.

Comment

• DirtStyx
                  • Jan 2009

[QUOTE=10-4EP;1815999]This may have already been asked but im fairly new to this site so im sorry if it has but I just wanted to know how long does it take after you meet with the Investigator for the BI to be over so that way they can call you for your EOD.

7 full months for me with no signs of life at the other end

Comment

• bpyankees2
                    Forum Member
                    • Apr 2009

Hey guys, quick question. Hopefully someone can clear this up for:

For CBPO, if you get to TSU for a certain port, is it possible you may NEVER get an offer? I am prepared to wait a year if necessary. Will they give you the option to take another location or just leave you there for all eternity?

Comment

• Firebug
                      Forum Member
                      • Jun 2001

Originally posted by K0R3
                      Before this one gets lost, it's my understanding that CBPO's only have to qualify with the p2000. On duty your secondary or back up can be anything you want to carry. I would suggest the HK sub compact 40 that takes the same mag. Off duty you do not need a CCW for any firearm you'd like to carry. On duty you do not need to qualify with any secondary weapon. For all of those reading this, please carry on and off duty for my kids safety
                      This is incorrect information. When you get hired and go to the academy the firearms policy will be explained to you.

FB

Comment

• UofU76
                        Forum Member
                        • May 2009

[QUOTE=DirtStyx;1816148]
                        Originally posted by 10-4EP
                        This may have already been asked but im fairly new to this site so im sorry if it has but I just wanted to know how long does it take after you meet with the Investigator for the BI to be over so that way they can call you for your EOD.

7 full months for me with no signs of life at the other end
                        after waiting for your BI to clear, you can enter TSU with the rest of us and find out the calls have stopped. The waiting continues..
                        Does anyone know why the calls have stopped? Is it a money issue? did they fill their need for 2009? I heard, then read Border Patrol has stopped taking applications, CBP doing the same?

Comment

• bpyankees2
                          Forum Member
                          • Apr 2009

[QUOTE=UofU76;1816155]
                          Originally posted by DirtStyx

after waiting for your BI to clear, you can enter TSU with the rest of us and find out the calls have stopped. The waiting continues..
                          Does anyone know why the calls have stopped? Is it a money issue? did they fill their need for 2009? I heard, then read Border Patrol has stopped taking applications, CBP doing the same?
                          They are working on budget for fiscal year 2010 right now. I think once that is passed, the hiring will continue full-boar. I find it hard to believe they would cut back on homeland security with all that is going on right now.

Comment

• bflogirl
                            Forum Member
                            • Jan 2009

Originally posted by bpyankees2

For CBPO, if you get to TSU for a certain port, is it possible you may NEVER get an offer? I am prepared to wait a year if necessary. Will they give you the option to take another location or just leave you there for all eternity?

If your GEO is Buffalo like your sig says you have nothing to worry about. I doubt anyone would sit in TSU FOREVER either.
                            CBPO
                            Test: July 2008
                            TO: 12/26/08
                            VBT 1/21/09-passed
                            Medical - 1/21/09 - cleared 4/28
                            Fitness - 1/21/09 - passed
                            Drug test - 2/5/09- passed
                            BI - Cleared
                            TSU -4/29/09 (Buffalo)
                            BI2 - cleared 8/11

ICE Special Agent
                            Test 7/22/09 passed

Comment

• barnaj
                              Forum Member
                              • Jan 2007

Originally posted by bpyankees2

Not likely. As long as you continue to keep your steps (fitness, med, etc.) current. Even if it takes 3 years, you do have a place in line and EVENTUALLY they will get to your name.

Comment

• drcapp
                                Forum Member
                                • May 2009

Hey i hit TSU on 4/24/09 Buffalo, NY

Still waiting for the call.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11892 users online. 65 members and 11827 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...