Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by colinm112 View Post
    This is so, so very stupid.
    I agree, he could have answered the question himself. Im done with this!!

Comment

• They need to start calling some midwest guys. FLETC will be boring without us.

Another Mon-Fri about to start. Hopefully they get some more of the TSU faithfull on this MB some calls.
      Geo: Illinois
      Test Score: 94
      Quals: GS-7
      T.O.: 8/7/2007
      Referred to Schedule EOD

"Theirs not to make reply, Theirs not to reason why, Theirs but to do and die"

Comment

• Originally posted by sassy7932 View Post
        Its called "ACTING IN GOOD FAITH" That is something you will learn in the police academy. P.S. There is always fire rescue especially if a person is clearly intoxicated. As cops, we call fire rescue numerous times in cases like that. Fire rescue makes the determination if the person will be transported to the hospital. Also with training, you can tell if a person is on narcotics!!!!!! Besides, if fire rescue responds and the woman refuses treatment, then it is no ones fault but her own. She could have been arrested and the same thing can happen to her even after fire rescue treated and released her. Its called in custody deaths that have no bearing on what the officer did.

Also, your statement "do you call yourself off with command and state the infraction prior to contact doesn't make sense.
        So, if you pull over someone who's intoxicated, fire rescue comes? Would you still let that person go free? Does your command know who & who you don't arrest for OUI? What if there was a possibility that you "didn't detect" drugs on board an individual? You're not a doctor. That takes much more than an academy can teach you

What if there's no medic responding and your alone? Remember, your letting someone go for a criminal offense (OUI)

I'll rephrase my statement regarding calling off.

Prior to enacting a motor vehicle stop, do you call/radio your "boss" and let them know that you'll be pulling over a car at a generic location (example: 400 block of smith ave.) and the reason your pulling it over?

Comment

I agree, he could have answered the question himself. Im done with this!!
          I'm interested in what you have to say, you're a training officer. How would one answer questions like these during an interview for us "new guys."

Comment

• Originally posted by bostoncommon View Post
            So, if you pull over someone who's intoxicated, fire rescue comes? Would you still let that person go free? Does your command know who & who you don't arrest for OUI? What if there was a possibility that you "didn't detect" drugs on board an individual? You're not a doctor. That takes much more than an academy can teach you

What if there's no medic responding and your alone? Remember, your letting someone go for a criminal offense (OUI)

I'll rephrase my statement regarding calling off.

Prior to enacting a motor vehicle stop, do you call/radio your "boss" and let them know that you'll be pulling over a car at a generic location (example: 400 block of smith ave.) and the reason your pulling it over?

What is this a JOKE???? If you know anything about police work, you call off a stop via your radio. You are speaking to the DISPATCHER and everyone hears you because everyone from the CHIEF on down has a radio. Based on what you say via the radio, everyone will know what you have. As a police officer, you do your job while you are on the streets. You don't have to call your Sgt. for everything. That will be insane and your SGT will think you are incompetent. A cop can make a decision on their own to arrest someone or not depending on the situation. And no you don't have to tell the command staff who you arrest and dont arrest for dui they could care less. Besides, if you do arrest someone, your SGT will know because he/she has to sign your a-form. You are a cop and they trust you to do your job. If there wasn't such a thing as discretion, then everyone would be in jail!! Now, fire rescue doesn't show up on every call unless it warrant it, like an accident, shooting, etc. I specifically said that when a cop deals with an intoxicated person and they are unresponsive, we call fire rescue. I further said that what you will learn in the academy is what is called ACTING IN GOOD FAITH!! I said with training (like additional training) you are taught to detect if a person is on drugs and what types of drugs they have used. That is called a DRE..., DRUG RECOGNITION OFFICER which basically makes you an expert. Based on your questions, you have a lot to learn about police work and a long way to go. If you are pursuing a career in this field, you need to do a little more research especially when you want to challenge a PO about doing his job!!! Oh, and it is DUI, not OUI.

Comment

• Originally posted by TPA3312 View Post
              I'm not saying you would let them go for vehicular manslaughter, I'm saying if a person's bad driving habits are continually reinforced by non-punishment they will continue that bad behavior. That’s where the vehicular manslaughter comes in since not stopping at a stop light or stop sign is a very easy way to hit a pedestrian or other motorist.

On accepting responsibility, I would respect the decision of the officer and not argue. But then it would be my responsibility to inform my supervisory of the incident. It would be a very hard decision to maybe get myself fired, but if I didn’t I would lose respect for myself. The easiest way to avoid the situation all together is to be a law abiding citizen.

But it would have been my decision about driving and my responsibility for what happens. I do not want to argue with you. It seems we both have a different understanding of what integrity is.
              Why are you arguing something you know absolutely nothing about?

You've lost you friggin mind arguing Law Enforcement with a bunch of experience Law Enforcement Officers. Please keep that up when you hit the academy and even better, when you hit the port.

Comment

What is this a JOKE???? If you know anything about police work, you call off a stop via your radio. You are speaking to the DISPATCHER and everyone hears you because everyone from the CHIEF on down has a radio. Based on what you say via the radio, everyone will know what you have. As a police officer, you do your job while you are on the streets. You don't have to call your Sgt. for everything. That will be insane and your SGT will think you are incompetent. A cop can make a decision on their own to arrest someone or not depending on the situation. And no you don't have to tell the command staff who you arrest and dont arrest for dui they could care less. Besides, if you do arrest someone, your SGT will know because he/she has to sign your a-form. You are a cop and they trust you to do your job. If there wasn't such a thing as discretion, then everyone would be in jail!! Now, fire rescue doesn't show up on every call unless it warrant it, like an accident, shooting, etc. I specifically said that when a cop deals with an intoxicated person and they are unresponsive, we call fire rescue. I further said that what you will learn in the academy is what is called ACTING IN GOOD FAITH!! I said with training (like additional training) you are taught to detect if a person is on drugs and what types of drugs they have used. That is called a DRE..., DRUG RECOGNITION OFFICER which basically makes you an expert. Based on your questions, you have a lot to learn about police work and a long way to go. If you are pursuing a career in this field, you need to do a little more research especially when you want to challenge a PO about doing his job!!! Oh, and it is DUI, not OUI.
                Hey Sassy, you don't have to legitimize your actions to these yahoo's, they have 0 idea what they are talking about.

Comment

I'm interested in what you have to say, you're a training officer. How would one answer questions like these during an interview for us "new guys."
                  Yes, I am a training officer and have been labeled as a very good one especially for the bad seeds who don't make it. I suggest you do some research on laws for whatever state you are applying to to get a head start. It is not a complicated as you are making it. Besides, if you arrested everyone you came in contact with, you wont have time to answer any dispatched calls and your squad members will despise you. Sorry if I come across a little harsh, no pun intended, it only makes you better!!

Comment

• Originally posted by robeans View Post
                    Hey Sassy, you don't have to legitimize your actions to these yahoo's, they have 0 idea what they are talking about.
                    You are right. This is more exhausting than work. Im going to bed.
                    Later!!

Comment

• Sassy,

No joke. I was just trying to find out how far "professional courtesy" goes? Are you allowed in your state to let someone stopped with an "DUI" go, based on your discretion? Isn't it considered a "criminal offense?"

I don't how it "works" in FLA. If you let someone go for a criminal offense, then you go find other employment.

As far as my "research goes." Check out (MGL Chap 90, Sec 24W) "OUI" Translates to "Operating Under The Influence." Criminal Offense.

Does a "drug recognition officer" draw blood. If not, you really don't know what's flowing through someone's vein? Making you, "not so much an expert."

I thought you were an "FTO?" I certainly hope you don't criticize them, like your doing to me?

Comment

• I'll say this...as someone who's worked for CBP in 5 different states. The so-called "professional courtesy" seems to be very geographically defined and agency defined.

There are agencies that would cut paper on their father, Barry Obama, and the Pope...all in one day. There are also locations that'll gladly hook you up for jaywalking and having no muffler, much less speeding or something more serious. Then, there's agencies and locations that'll bend over backward to avoid enforcement on a LEO.

If you ask me, professional courtesy is as much about not giving a fellow LEO cause to pull you over, etc. as it is about getting cut a break. If you find yourself wanting/needing P.C., then maybe it's about time you modify your behavior back to a point to where you're not drawing interest from a fellow LEO.

Comment

You are right. This is more exhausting than work. Im going to bed.
                          Later!!
                          You can't go to bed? Fan mail to answer

I'm done. No harm, no foul. Just healthy chatter.

Hopefully, we'll see eachother in the academy. Waiting for the call.

Comment

Sassy,

No joke. I was just trying to find out how far "professional courtesy" goes? Are you allowed in your state to let someone stopped with an "DUI" go, based on your discretion? Isn't it considered a "criminal offense?"

I don't how it "works" in FLA. If you let someone go for a criminal offense, then you go find other employment.

As far as my "research goes." Check out (MGL Chap 90, Sec 24W) "OUI" Translates to "Operating Under The Influence." Criminal Offense.

Does a "drug recognition officer" draw blood. If not, you really don't know what's flowing through someone's vein? Making you, "not so much an expert."

I thought you were an "FTO?" I certainly hope you don't criticize them, like your doing to me?
                            Two things there high speed.

1. Stop using friggin quotes because it makes you seem super condescending. Which I'm sure your going for, but it makes you look like an *****.

2. Your experience as a """"Special Police Officer""""", which some of us actually know about, doesn't supersede a 15 year patrol officer, so can it. Your not asking questions, your trying to instigate crap. Just stop.

Back to CBPO hiring....

So how's that TSU going for ya'll?

Comment

• Originally posted by robeans View Post
                              Two things there high speed.

1. Stop using friggin quotes because it makes you seem super condescending. Which I'm sure your going for, but it makes you look like an *****.

2. Your experience as a """"Special Police Officer""""", which some of us actually know about, doesn't supersede a 15 year patrol officer, so can it. Your not asking questions, your trying to instigate crap. Just stop.

Back to CBPO hiring....

So how's that TSU going for ya'll?
                              My apologies for the drawn out post.

Good luck to you guys/gals.

Comment

• Originally posted by ifoCBP
                                you pull your badge and gun in a mall, the cops are going to have you drop your weapon, lay on the floor, because they really have no idea who you are either.
                                This actually happened in Utah, off duty was at the mall active shooter situation breaks out and he went after the threat. When swat and other local officers arrived he was shouting out police and OPD (Ogden PD) if I recall correctly.

He saved a lot of peoples lives that day because he took the fight to the bad guy.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8714 users online. 303 members and 8411 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X