Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well today is day 87 waiting in TSU for the call. The wait totally sucks. I don't even have CASS to check to see any progress.

But what can I do, I am just one man.
    Last edited by TPA3312; 05-15-2009, 05:25 PM.
    Luck is where preparation meets opportunity. - Seneca

Comment

• Originally posted by AlmostDone View Post
      Well I wouldn't carry it around unless there was one made for that specific purpose. Lol, could you imagine taking it off your uniform and sticking it in your wallet? :-/
      That's what we do in our dept. We only have one badge and a hat shield. Wallets come with a backing that just slides in on the side and most officers also have that part on their shirts to keep the pointy badge from sticking you in the chest
      Sort of pictured here except we just use a rectangular piece that comes with the wallet.
      You shut your mouth when you're talking to me!

Comment

• Originally posted by AlmostDone View Post
        Well I wouldn't carry it around unless there was one made for that specific purpose. Lol, could you imagine taking it off your uniform and sticking it in your wallet? :-/
        Also, I carry my badge, gun, EVERYWHERE I go. And so do all of the guys I work with.

Comment

• There are no wallet badges issued to CBPO's. One badge fits all purposes. You do get credentials. When and where you choose to carry your creds/badge is up to you, subject to various circumstances and personal/professional choices.

Comment

• Cbp Only Issues One Badge Per Officer... Wear It While In Uniform, Then Either Carry It In Your Cred Case When Ur Off Duty, Or You Can Buy A Bulky Cred Wallet At Sallys.....

Comment

• Originally posted by sassy7932 View Post
              Also, I carry my badge, gun, EVERYWHERE I go. And so do all of the guys I work with.
              What about CCWs? Do you need one to carry a non-issued sidearm off-duty? And does your department recommend having one?

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                There are no wallet badges issued to CBPO's. One badge fits all purposes. You do get credentials. When and where you choose to carry your creds/badge is up to you, subject to various circumstances and personal/professional choices.
                Thank you for clearing up the confusion Merlin. You will only get one badge where you can transfer from your uniform to your wallet with your creds. There were talks about having a second badge issued to CBPO's but admin felt otherwise. You must have creds/badge for 24/7 carry purposes.

Comment

• I redid my med and fitness right before I hit tsu luckily I did but still pending bi again

Comment

There are no wallet badges issued to CBPO's. One badge fits all purposes. You do get credentials. When and where you choose to carry your creds/badge is up to you, subject to various circumstances and personal/professional choices.
                    Do you know of some ports that require new hires to get one of those 'all in one' wallet/cred/badge carriers?
                    "Officer, you are kinda hot."

"And you are kinda intoxicated."

Comment

• Originally posted by sap123 View Post
                      Do you know of some ports that require new hires to get one of those 'all in one' wallet/cred/badge carriers?
                      No.

I honestly cannot think of any reason why any port would.

As a safety issue...if you're carrying your creds, you'd best be carrying your firearm as well. On the flip side, if your gun is at home...so should be your badge/creds. Generally a badge/cred/wallet carrier is a less than stellar idea. You don't want to be mugged and made as a LEO. It's best to have something with only your "civilian" ID/cards in it.

Comment

No.

As a safety issue...if you're carrying your creds, you'd best be carrying your firearm as well. On the flip side, if your gun is at home...so should be your badge/creds. Generally a badge/cred/wallet carrier is a less than stellar idea. You don't want to be mugged and made as a LEO. It's best to have something with only your "civilian" ID/cards in it.
                        I agree 100% with you on this.

PM regarding this on the way.
                        "Officer, you are kinda hot."

"And you are kinda intoxicated."

Comment

• test question

I just took the cbp exam and i know i did very well on the logic, written part, and the other two self assesment parts since i am currently a border patrol agent. Now on the math i dont feel i did to well. Does anyone know how they come up with an overall score. Thanks alot.

Comment

No.

I dont think a badge/cred/wallet carrier is a less than stellar idea. if that were so, no one would issue them, especially police dept's. I have friends that have been with CBP for many years and they carry wallet badges. Its a matter of having officer safety. Yes, I dont leave home without mine, but I also have my firearm. One thing I can say that I respect about my dept and most other police dept's is that we are taught and go through numerous training on active gunmen while on duty and if you are off duty with your family. Yes, you should never say never, but a cop who has good officer safety skills shouldn't be paranoid about getting mugged. Yes, you can keep your other credentials separate, but who's to say that the guy doesn't already know you are a LEO from seeing you at work, etc. Dont be paranoid as to who and what you are because people may just be able to pick up on it even while you are in civilian clothes.

Comment

• Off duty I wear my badge on a chain, easy to pull out and highly visible in the event I need to ID myself. I carry two wallets as well.

Only time I dont carry off duty.....when I swim.....run (p2000 hard to conceal with dry fit clothing and gym shorts lol)......and when I think ill be consuming beverages containing alcohol.
                              What if quotas did exist?!

Comment

• Originally posted by ExSDSO View Post
                                Off duty I wear my badge on a chain, easy to pull out and highly visible in the event I need to ID myself. I carry two wallets as well.

Only time I dont carry off duty.....when I swim.....run (p2000 hard to conceal with dry fit clothing and gym shorts lol)......and when I think ill be consuming beverages containing alcohol.
                                Don't forget about showering. A soggy gun is a unhappy gun.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11956 users online. 454 members and 11502 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X