300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by girly View Post
    I was just wondering if you can use a calculator when taking the test, I can do the math but obviously it will be easier and less of a headache if i can use one. Also do you know what kind of supplies we should bring besides two number 2 pencils, and paper.
    thanks alot i appreciate any responces i get.

No calulator and just the #2 pencils and a government issued ID. Only scratch paper suplied by the administrater will be used for the math portion of the test. Specific instructions should be on the letter with your test location, date, and time.

During the test you are allowed only the pencils and supplied scratch paper on the desk. Might take some water. As I said in an earlier post the test takes about 5-6 hours.

Do not sweat it. I have not known anyone to fail.

Good luck.

Comment

• Too old for new career ???

I am a 39 yr old autoworker about to take a 50% cut in pay and benefits. So I applied online for CBP and am testing on 3/19 here in Buffalo. I dont feel old mentally or physically, but at 39 I didnt think I would be starting over. But I am excited, I would rather be a rookie CBP for the next few years than pounding steel in a factory for $14 an hour.

Comment

• I think I read some were that 39 was the cut off for being able to get in! If I am wrong any please correct me!

Comment

• The announcement emphasizes the possibility of age cutoff at 37 . As I see, Rudy was able to get in for testing. Once the 6C coverage will take affect(if), 37 will be the max age just like any other LE Agency.
          Last edited by matyoka; 03-11-2008, 04:35 PM.
          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by ExSDSO View Post
            Damn I was hoping CASS would update today since its my BIRTHDAY!?! No luck lol
            Happy B-day. You and I are in the same boat still. Don't obsess, just go to work be happy with what you have, and if it doesn't work out it doesn't work out. It's not the end of the world.

I'm starting to second guess whether or not I will take the job or not. I am 1 year out of college and already making what would take me 3+ years in CBP to make even coming in as GS-7. Talk about a MAJOR pay cut to start....

If they offer me the job it will be the hardest decision of my life, as I will have to take a pay cut and leave my wife for 3 months, the only perk I can see is being able to be the select few percentage of people who are in law enforcement.

Comment

• Deyo,

I lost $25,000 when I joined. Plus I haven't seen my new baby for 2 months... that was the toughest part. Would I do it again? Hell yeah!!! Made friends for life, learned a bunch of things and hopefully I will be working overseas soon representing the US. I could have never achieved that by staying in a nice office at Merrill Lynch. Just my 2 cents.
              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by deyosurf19 View Post
                Happy B-day. You and I are in the same boat still. Don't obsess, just go to work be happy with what you have, and if it doesn't work out it doesn't work out. It's not the end of the world.

I'm starting to second guess whether or not I will take the job or not. I am 1 year out of college and already making what would take me 3+ years in CBP to make even coming in as GS-7. Talk about a MAJOR pay cut to start....

If they offer me the job it will be the hardest decision of my life, as I will have to take a pay cut and leave my wife for 3 months, the only perk I can see is being able to be the select few percentage of people who are in law enforcement.
                I'd be happy to trade you your current job, or your CBP spot, for my job if that would make you feel better.....
                ICE IEA

May 08 Written Test
                Feb 09 TO-Los Angeles
                March 09 Medical/PT/Drug Test
                July 09 Oral Board
                Background Started 11/16/09

EOD 11/23/09 San Bernardino
                Academy class 006 12/03/09-04/13/10

Comment

• How tough is it to get the Port of Charleston SC? Much turnover there? Any OT there?

Comment

• Thanks for the Bday wishes everyone. Yea ill just hurry up and wait it out. Lets go CBP!
                    What if quotas did exist?!

Comment

• Originally posted by MNSBELL View Post
                      HELLO!

I'm new here and was just wondering ...I took the CBP test in Oct and received my NOR and i scored a 77 is it possible to get hired with this low of a score? Or am i dreaming? Also i just changed my geographic location from
                      South Florida to Bufallo N.Y. per the latest announcement it should be faster. Any truth to that? I would like to get started as fast as possible!
                      I changed my geog preference from 'NY all other areas' to Buffalo, NY the day of the most recent test announcement(late Feb '08) and I have not received a TO yet. I scored a 94 with no vet credits. I took the exam in November of 2007. I check the CAS about three times a day to see if I'm in it, but so far, no luck. Is there anyone else waiting for a TO in the buffalo area or anyone who received one for that area on here? I'm curious as to what scores they are down to for that geog area. BTW, this is a great forum, I have been following it for a few months now and have learned tons of information about this job.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHU View Post
                        How tough is it to get the Port of Charleston SC? Much turnover there? Any OT there?
                        Long line to get to any port in the SE save miami. Little OT at any seaport.

Comment

• Has anyone got any Tenitive Offers for Washington State Recently????

Comment

• Here's a dumb question and if its already been answered than I'm sorry. I need to get something straight though.

Border Patrol Officers are the guys in the green shirts with the green and white cars who pull you over on the road and run the checkpoints inside the border, right?

Whereas CBPO inspectors are the guys in the black (dark blue?) shirts who you see at the border crossing asking you what your citizenship is and searching you car?

I know that's a very distilled and possibly totally wrong description of both jobs but I was wondering if yall could clear up the difference for me. I'm tryin out for the border patrol soon and I dont want to be stuck on a POE or crossing all day. However, border patrol looks incredibly interesting and seeing the guys in my facility (county jail) every week just makes me more interested.

Comment

• It's Border Patrol Agents and CBP Officers.

Green: BPA
                              Blue: CBPO
                              Both vehicles and uniforms.

Comment

• Originally posted by LancerX View Post
                                Here's a dumb question and if its already been answered than I'm sorry. I need to get something straight though.

Border Patrol Officers are the guys in the green shirts with the green and white cars who pull you over on the road and run the checkpoints inside the border, right?

Whereas CBPO inspectors are the guys in the black (dark blue?) shirts who you see at the border crossing asking you what your citizenship is and searching you car?

I know that's a very distilled and possibly totally wrong description of both jobs but I was wondering if yall could clear up the difference for me. I'm tryin out for the border patrol soon and I dont want to be stuck on a POE or crossing all day. However, border patrol looks incredibly interesting and seeing the guys in my facility (county jail) every week just makes me more interested.

This is pretty good for a layman's definition. I am a former BP Agent testing for CBPO. You got the uniforms correct. AS far as mission difference...

It is easier to explain as jusridiction authority. CBP controls all sea, air, and land ports. BP controls all of the border area inbetween and into the interior 100 (last I knew) miles. ICE is responsible for all interior enforcement.

A very simplstic explanation but works.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10223 users online. 330 members and 9893 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X