Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Clwn707 View Post
    Day 60 in TSU for SF/OAK!
    Day 6 in TSU for SF/OAK, I guess it will be a two month or plus wait for me.

Does anyone have the number for TSU??

Comment

• Originally posted by rollingstone10 View Post
      I was under the impression your exam scores did not expire?
      sorry, grouped everything together. Only drug and physical expire at one year mark. Many of us are hitting that one year mark while waiting in TSU.

Comment

• Originally posted by ni86 View Post
        Day 6 in TSU for SF/OAK, I guess it will be a two month or plus wait for me.

Does anyone have the number for TSU??
        or longer. There is some guy on here hitting 90 days in TSU for SF/OAK.
        TSU number is 612-467-7018 Only call if you are actually in TSU.
        I talked to them two days ago, read my post from two days ago. According to the lady I spoke to, it's going to be a while.

Comment

• Originally posted by davidB. View Post
          As I've been going around through this process I've been asked the same question over and over again, "why is Ontario,CA not an option to work at?"

I've applied to LAX/LB but obviously there's other international port of entries around here, so who works those spots and how do you get that gig?

edit: just saw that it's listed on CBP's website, but I don't recall having any other options to fill out besides LAX/LB
          +1

I thought of Ontario Int'l Airport too when I was signing up for this position but I did not see it as one of the geo locations.

On the other hand, seems like "the calls" stopped for both SF/OAK and LAX/LB but it's obvious that they're one of the busiest ports in the U.S. The long wait is really driving me crazy.
          CBP Officer:
          TO: 01/2009 (LAX/LGB)
          EOD: 05/23/2011

Comment

• for those that have received "the call"....

how soon were you told to report? and I assume you report straight to your POE before heading off to the academy right? then how much time did you have to get yourself to the academy, which I believe is in Georgia right? Just trying to get myself a timeline of things to come once that phone call ever does.

Comment

for those that have received "the call"....

how soon were you told to report? and I assume you report straight to your POE before heading off to the academy right? then how much time did you have to get yourself to the academy, which I believe is in Georgia right? Just trying to get myself a timeline of things to come once that phone call ever does.
              I'm going to start a month after I get the call. A month after that, I go to FLETC.

Comment

for those that have received "the call"....

"The Call" almost always comes one month before you have to report. And two months before FLETC.

Definately start running though, asap! Also not on a treadmill...theres a big difference between running on a treadmill for 16 mins and running in georgia in 90+ degree weather.

Try to get your time down as much as possibly. If you can do 2 miles in 16 mins, you should be okay. This goes out to everyone...it would suck coming home and not getting the job because you weren't in shape.

Comment

• SFO/OAK slowed down quite a bit since I first started in December of last year. Actually, it slowed down alot with new recruits...

Comment

• took the test in hpilly today. didnt seem that bad of a test

when can i expect my results and is there somewhere on the net i can view them before the letter? thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by girly View Post
                      I got 22 days in TSU what location are you hoping for? I am also looking for MI, hoping for PH but will take whatever I get.
                      I want PH or Detroit Land, as I live about equal distance from both. I'd even take the Soo at this point. Don't really want it, but I'd take it.
                      Written Test: 3/08
                      NOR: 4/08
                      TO: 4/08
                      Medical: 4/08
                      Fitness: 6/08
                      VBT: 6/08
                      Met with investigator: 10/08
                      Received NOPA: 11/08
                      Won appeal: 3/09
                      TSU: 4/23/09 (Michigan) pulled in May for fitness
                      New fitness: 7/28/09
                      Back in TSU: 8/3/09

Comment

• Originally posted by AlmostDone View Post
                        "The Call" almost always comes one month before you have to report. And two months before FLETC.

Definately start running though, asap! Also not on a treadmill...theres a big difference between running on a treadmill for 16 mins and running in georgia in 90+ degree weather.

Try to get your time down as much as possibly. If you can do 2 miles in 16 mins, you should be okay. This goes out to everyone...it would suck coming home and not getting the job because you weren't in shape.
                        Or 11 days or 3 days or 3 weeks.

Comment

As I've been going around through this process I've been asked the same question over and over again, "why is Ontario,CA not an option to work at?"

I've applied to LAX/LB but obviously there's other international port of entries around here, so who works those spots and how do you get that gig?

edit: just saw that it's listed on CBP's website, but I don't recall having any other options to fill out besides LAX/LB

Most of those ports are rather small to tiny, seldom hire and in many locations those openings are usually filled by officers transferring in from larger ports rather than by hiring directly.

LAX and LB on the other hand are huge, always hiring and always are bringing in new people.

Comment

• thanks, that's what i figured and i've really only thought about LAX or LB

trying to weigh the pros and cons of either port.

From what I've heard from a buddy who works at LB

LAX - more hours, more overtime, dealing with grumpy/stinky/tired people getting off their flights, and sitting in a glass cube stamping passports all day, or dealing with traffic

LB - more hands on, less hours as of now which means more of a personal life outside of work. On your feat, more physically demanding

Comment

• Come on..Start my BI already..call me or something..visit my friendly neighbors and co-workers..JUST SOMETHING!!!!!!!

Okay, I feel alot more better now...
                              TSU - 8/28/09
                              TO - 3/2009
                              On the job

Comment

• What does the hiring look like for CBPO's in the next year? I just took the test last month in Buffalo (geo pref buffalo). I already have a background check completed for BP. If Buffalo is full can you tell them to consider you for other locations?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7652 users online. 446 members and 7206 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X