300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ry greve View Post
    If a person is unable to the complete a scheduled fitness test due to an injury incured after it was scheduled does the applicant have his TO withdrawn automatically?
    Depends on the injury. If you sprained an ankle and can't step, I am sure reasonable accommodations will be made with the appropriate documentation from a doctor. If it is something that is a long-term or permanent injury, then my guess would be yes. If you broke your leg and the doctor says you are going to be in a cast for 4 months and need surgery and 6 months of PT, I would think they would tell you to apply under the next announcement.
    CBPO East Texas
    TO: 3/3/09
    Pre-Emp Forms: 3/26/09
    Fitness: 4/6/09 -Passed
    Medical: 4/6/09 -Passed
    VBT: 4/7/09 -Passed
    Quals: (GS-7) 4/10/09 -Verified
    Drug Test: 4/17/09 -Passed
    BI: 8/27/09 -Cleared
    TSU: 8/27/09
    FCRA: 05/19/10
    BI Update: 6/16/10

Comment

• Originally posted by NJNJ View Post
      I took mt test last August.What do I need to extend my test so it doesnt expire?
      I believe written and VBT is good for two years. Drug, physical agility, one year. Not sure about medical. When they expire while you are in TSU, they will contact you to re test. They pull you from TSU, you re test, then back to TSU after the results. (if you pass)
      There are a lot of us who are going to start expiring soon.
      14 months of testing, waiting, waiting, waiting, watching people who tested after me and watching people who lied on their backgrounds get the job before me, more waiting, then to TSU, then more waiting, waiting, now my stuff is on the verge of expiring for a port (SF/OAK) that's suppose to be hiring all the time.
      My brain is melting!!

Comment

• Originally posted by UofU76 View Post
        hiring has almost stopped, and many of us have tests that are going to expire.
        TSU for 44 days, and waiting
        I was under the impression your exam scores did not expire?

Comment

• Originally posted by rollingstone10 View Post
          I was under the impression your exam scores did not expire?
          Seems like I remembered hearing exam score was good for 6 years.
          CBPO East Texas
          TO: 3/3/09
          Pre-Emp Forms: 3/26/09
          Fitness: 4/6/09 -Passed
          Medical: 4/6/09 -Passed
          VBT: 4/7/09 -Passed
          Quals: (GS-7) 4/10/09 -Verified
          Drug Test: 4/17/09 -Passed
          BI: 8/27/09 -Cleared
          TSU: 8/27/09
          FCRA: 05/19/10
          BI Update: 6/16/10

Comment

• Originally posted by USMC0844 View Post
            Seems like I remembered hearing exam score was good for 6 years.
            The written exam is valid until they change the test material. VBT good for 3 years.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlmostDone View Post
              For those of you asking about the NORTHERN WASHINGTON ports, I'll list them out. Seeing as in I have lived in Bellingham for almost 11 years..

Blaine Peace Arch- The "Main" Border, probably the busiest when it comes to PASSENGER traffic. Monday-Thursday there is a steady stream of cars, busiest time being late afternoon. Weekends, you can expect long line-ups thru out the day, mainly canadians that are going back home after shopping in the States (They love our stores). There are no trucks that pass thru this border, so all you have to deal with is people in cars. (duh lol).

Blaine Truck Crossing- This is Border is also a major one, it handles most of the Commercial Trucking traffic as well as passenger traffic. For this reason it probably is the OVERALL busiest. This is also where the main hub of Homeland Security (ICE, Customs, Border Patrol) is. The busiest time here for Commercial Trucking is all day, everyday. For Passengers its mostly steady during the weekdays, much like the peace arch crossing. However, weekends are a different story and you can expect 2-3 hour lines...

Lynden Crossing- This one is right up the road for me, it is a small border, but they do also handle commercial trucking. I have never seen line-ups of commercial trucks here, ever. Passenger cars are a different story, sometimes you might not get a car for a couple of hours, other times (such as when the other borders are packed) you can get line-ups that are 1-2 hours long (mostly on weekends).

Sumas- Don't know much about this one, since I never use it. But I can say with reasonable certainty that this is the slowest of the 4. I have never heard of it being "busy" ever. However with the 2010 olympics happening in vancouver, it could very well be busy during that time. And yes, it is true..there is a smell of constant cow crap in the air around this port.

I personally picked Blaine, because you get to work at both blaine ports (truck crossing and peace arch), also there is more "action". If there is sucha thing out here lol. More Overtime, and the most important thing for me, I know I will learn alot more here than just sitting on my *** at one of the smaller ports.

Feel free to ask me any questions about Bellingham, WA or surrounding towns if you are new to the area.

Good Luck

You forgot Point Roberts.
              Test: 12/8/08
              EOD: June 22, 2009
              Class 960
              FLETC Graduation Date: October 28, 2009

Comment

• Originally posted by blk98gt View Post
                I'm going on vacation to Mexico on Monday. Anything I should report to TSU and how?
                Anyone here waiting for O'Hare, I will try to ask some questions . Let me know what to ask.

I HOPE YOU ENJOY YOUR VACATION.....BUT PLEASE AND I BEG YOU PLEASE DON'T BRING BACK ANY SWINE FLU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                These hands need your guidance!

Comment

• Originally posted by CMUnupe View Post
                  I guess I can't complain about my 20 days.
                  I got 22 days in TSU what location are you hoping for? I am also looking for MI, hoping for PH but will take whatever I get.
                  Tested March 08
                  TO June 08
                  Medical COMPLETE 12/08
                  VBT complete 08 passed
                  Qualification GS-5 September 08
                  BI September 08 complete April 09

FITNESS REDO AUG 7TH FAILED
                  NOW IT IS TIME TO START ALL OVER AGAIN

Comment

• Originally posted by AlmostDone View Post
                    Definately let them know of your travel plans. I had a friend who went overseas after his B.I completed, and because of that he had to come back and do the whole B.I process ALL over again.
                    Think e-mail TSU is sufficient?
                    Originally posted by Reapplied View Post
                    I HOPE YOU ENJOY YOUR VACATION.....BUT PLEASE AND I BEG YOU PLEASE DON'T BRING BACK ANY SWINE FLU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                    Thanx although if I do get swine flu at least the trip is free according to orbitz
                    You shut your mouth when you're talking to me!

Comment

• Email should suffice. Just let them know where your going, when, and where your staying. Just so they know your being upfront.

And I didn't forget point roberts, I just don't know anything about it! Hopefully someone with more knowledge of that port can chime in..

Comment

• Originally posted by blk98gt View Post
                        Think e-mail TSU is sufficient?

Thanx although if I do get swine flu at least the trip is free according to orbitz
                        Yikes I would like my life more than a free trip but hey whatever....also why do you have to e-mail CBP don't you have roaming on your phone so they can still contact you?

Comment

• As I've been going around through this process I've been asked the same question over and over again, "why is Ontario,CA not an option to work at?"

I've applied to LAX/LB but obviously there's other international port of entries around here, so who works those spots and how do you get that gig?

edit: just saw that it's listed on CBP's website, but I don't recall having any other options to fill out besides LAX/LB

Comment

• Anyone know the status on New Jersey....ive been in TSU for over 165 days and am now considering changing my Geo Pref for another T.O.

Comment

• Originally posted by jflores View Post
                              Anyone know the status on New Jersey....ive been in TSU for over 165 days and am now considering changing my Geo Pref for another T.O.
                              As far as I know NJ is hard to get into but why would you lose your spot in TSU and start over with a new TO..you probably would still wait even if you choose another location because everything is on a hault right now, from what i've seen. What location would you choose if you do?

Comment

• most likely NYC

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9862 users online. 475 members and 9387 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X