Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just thought id share - I called MHC today to check on the status of things in Miami, FL and when I would have to retake the med/fit tests. She said no one has been hired in Miami, FL since January and that my tests expire in a month.

Day 49 in TSU for Miami, FL

Comment

• Originally posted by colinm112 View Post
      Just thought id share - I called MHC today to check on the status of things in Miami, FL and when I would have to retake the med/fit tests. She said no one has been hired in Miami, FL since January and that my tests expire in a month.

Just my 2 cents, but I dont think an applicant that has passed all phases should have to retake a med/phys because they havent called you yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by sassy7932 View Post
        Just my 2 cents, but I dont think an applicant that has passed all phases should have to retake a med/phys because they havent called you yet.
        Well the thing is, alot of stuff can change in a years time. You are not hired just because you make it into TSU. A job offer is made assuming you pass all these tests, and your fitness level and medical status are conditions of this offer. I do think though, that they should make an effort to get you on board before your steps begin to expire.

Comment

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
          Well the thing is, alot of stuff can change in a years time. You are not hired just because you make it into TSU. A job offer is made assuming you pass all these tests, and your fitness level and medical status are conditions of this offer. I do think though, that they should make an effort to get you on board before your steps begin to expire.
          Thats what I meant. I know that things can change in a year, but if their process can take longer than that, they should have a longer time frame before you test expire especially if you have taken them and passed already!

Comment

• Originally posted by Helo View Post
            BTW, I was surprised with the amount of people that were dressed as thugs and just the overall "look" of the the majority of people at the test. I know you can't judge a book by the cover, nor should I judge... but wow.
            I agree. Took my test last August in downtown L.A.

It was as if you took a sample of 200 people off the street or something. Felt confident as soon as I saw that.

Comment

• Originally posted by davidB. View Post

It was as if you took a sample of 200 people off the street or something. Felt confident as soon as I saw that.
              In Washington, they had about two dozen people last August.

It for the most part, they were well dressed.

Comment

haha, yup. Oh, and there were about 300 people at my test.

Comment

• I'm going on vacation to Mexico on Monday. Anything I should report to TSU and how?
                  Anyone here waiting for O'Hare, I will try to ask some questions . Let me know what to ask.
                  You shut your mouth when you're talking to me!

Comment

• For those of you asking about the NORTHERN WASHINGTON ports, I'll list them out. Seeing as in I have lived in Bellingham for almost 11 years..

Blaine Peace Arch- The "Main" Border, probably the busiest when it comes to PASSENGER traffic. Monday-Thursday there is a steady stream of cars, busiest time being late afternoon. Weekends, you can expect long line-ups thru out the day, mainly canadians that are going back home after shopping in the States (They love our stores). There are no trucks that pass thru this border, so all you have to deal with is people in cars. (duh lol).

Blaine Truck Crossing- This is Border is also a major one, it handles most of the Commercial Trucking traffic as well as passenger traffic. For this reason it probably is the OVERALL busiest. This is also where the main hub of Homeland Security (ICE, Customs, Border Patrol) is. The busiest time here for Commercial Trucking is all day, everyday. For Passengers its mostly steady during the weekdays, much like the peace arch crossing. However, weekends are a different story and you can expect 2-3 hour lines...

Lynden Crossing- This one is right up the road for me, it is a small border, but they do also handle commercial trucking. I have never seen line-ups of commercial trucks here, ever. Passenger cars are a different story, sometimes you might not get a car for a couple of hours, other times (such as when the other borders are packed) you can get line-ups that are 1-2 hours long (mostly on weekends).

Sumas- Don't know much about this one, since I never use it. But I can say with reasonable certainty that this is the slowest of the 4. I have never heard of it being "busy" ever. However with the 2010 olympics happening in vancouver, it could very well be busy during that time. And yes, it is true..there is a smell of constant cow crap in the air around this port.

I personally picked Blaine, because you get to work at both blaine ports (truck crossing and peace arch), also there is more "action". If there is sucha thing out here lol. More Overtime, and the most important thing for me, I know I will learn alot more here than just sitting on my *** at one of the smaller ports.

Feel free to ask me any questions about Bellingham, WA or surrounding towns if you are new to the area.

Good Luck

Comment

• Originally posted by blk98gt View Post
                      I'm going on vacation to Mexico on Monday. Anything I should report to TSU and how?
                      Anyone here waiting for O'Hare, I will try to ask some questions . Let me know what to ask.
                      Definately let them know of your travel plans. I had a friend who went overseas after his B.I completed, and because of that he had to come back and do the whole B.I process ALL over again.

Comment

When I was in the Marine Corps, I was out at this field exercise in 29 Palms. Met these two Marines, real hard charger types. I was really impressed by their can-do attitudes. At the end of the exercise, one received a NAM and the other a Certificate of Commendation. About midway the exercise we hit a liberty weekend. These two Marines and I decided to head out on town for a few beers. When we all met up, I was wearing kakis and a polo, one looked like he rolled right off the farm in Kentucky, and the other was wearing Jnco jeans and club gear. To see these guys in their civvies I would have never guessed them to be the two solid Devil Dogs they were. Point is, if you are basing your performance on the looks of the other test takers, you may be highly disappointed.
                        Last edited by USMC0844; 05-14-2009, 02:48 PM.
                        CBPO East Texas
                        TO: 3/3/09
                        Pre-Emp Forms: 3/26/09
                        Fitness: 4/6/09 -Passed
                        Medical: 4/6/09 -Passed
                        VBT: 4/7/09 -Passed
                        Quals: (GS-7) 4/10/09 -Verified
                        Drug Test: 4/17/09 -Passed
                        BI: 8/27/09 -Cleared
                        TSU: 8/27/09
                        FCRA: 05/19/10
                        BI Update: 6/16/10

Comment

• Yoda,

Your B.I Investigator should be fired, what an ******* thing to do. Like really? Does he not know its someones life hes dealing with?

Its a B.I interview, your not on trial for murder..so what if you chuckled a bit?

Jesus, me and my B.I joked pretty much the whole time he was with me. And later on when he came back to talk to my dad. I even remember at one point where I went to school and did not work for a year..my parents were paying my way and supporting me. My B.I even joked that my first years salary should go to my dad. He really was an awesome guy...

Once again Yoda, I hope you hear something soon. Hang in there...

Comment

• Originally posted by colinm112 View Post
                            Just thought id share - I called MHC today to check on the status of things in Miami, FL and when I would have to retake the med/fit tests. She said no one has been hired in Miami, FL since January and that my tests expire in a month.

hiring has almost stopped, and many of us have tests that are going to expire.
                            TSU for 44 days, and waiting

Comment

• Tests

Originally posted by UofU76 View Post
                              hiring has almost stopped, and many of us have tests that are going to expire.
                              TSU for 44 days, and waiting
                              I took mt test last August.What do I need to extend my test so it doesnt expire?

Comment

• If a person is unable to the complete a scheduled fitness test due to an injury incured after it was scheduled does the applicant have his TO withdrawn automatically?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12358 users online. 232 members and 12126 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X