300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sassy7932 View Post
    I hear you ref being scrutinized further. In my current position I have an excellent record, etc. At the MHC they keep telling me that I may see her and I may not. They also told me that they have academies starting every month. She seemed somewhat positive on the message that she did leave me, so i guess I have to continue waiting. I also keep being told by them and my other friends that already work for CBP that no news is good news. So did you receive a NOPA letter? I see from your post you applied a while ago. Any news on your letter if you received one?
    They received my NOPA response in 10/28/08, left it on a desk gathering dust until I began calling a few months later, now it sits gathering dust on the desk of the next higher up after the adjudicator and her supervisor (for the past 2 months). I am still waiting, no news is good news is exactly what has been keeping my hopes up throughout this wait... besides still showing up on the system as well!!!... Really frustrating to see so many fly by the process ,and your file still on someone's desk just gathering dust, waiting for them to feel like taking a look at it.
    CBPO
    Written: 08/29/2007
    EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
      They received my NOPA response in 10/28/08, left it on a desk gathering dust until I began calling a few months later, now it sits gathering dust on the desk of the next higher up after the adjudicator and her supervisor (for the past 2 months). I am still waiting, no news is good news is exactly what has been keeping my hopes up throughout this wait... besides still showing up on the system as well!!!... Really frustrating to see so many fly by the process ,and your file still on someone's desk just gathering dust, waiting for them to feel like taking a look at it.
      Do you have a # that I can call or an email? If so, PM me. i would like to ask someone what is going on. When I did get a return call from a letter I wrote, the BI was vague although she said she sent my file up for recommendation. Then after that she was very muffled. Didnt leave a call back or anything.

Thanks
      Last edited by sassy7932; 05-13-2009, 09:02 PM.

Comment

• Day 60 in TSU for SF/OAK!

Comment

• I guess I can't complain about my 20 days.
          Written Test: 3/08
          NOR: 4/08
          TO: 4/08
          Medical: 4/08
          Fitness: 6/08
          VBT: 6/08
          Met with investigator: 10/08
          Received NOPA: 11/08
          Won appeal: 3/09
          TSU: 4/23/09 (Michigan) pulled in May for fitness
          New fitness: 7/28/09
          Back in TSU: 8/3/09

Comment

• How is the test scored/weighted? I just took mine Monday.....

Has anyone ever heard of someone getting an NOR an TO at the same time?
            ATF 1811 SA
            Applied - 10/13/09

CBPO (GEO - Philadelphia)
            Written Test - 5/11/09
            NOR (87) - 6/10/09

ICE IEA (GEO - Philadelphia)
            Written Test - 6/1/09
            NOR (88.9) - 6/22/09

ICE 1811 SA
            Written Test - 7/28/09
            Written - Passed - 8/10/09
            NOR (80.5 ugggh)

Comment

• Mine were about two and a half to three weeks apart.
              Written Test: 3/08
              NOR: 4/08
              TO: 4/08
              Medical: 4/08
              Fitness: 6/08
              VBT: 6/08
              Met with investigator: 10/08
              Received NOPA: 11/08
              Won appeal: 3/09
              TSU: 4/23/09 (Michigan) pulled in May for fitness
              New fitness: 7/28/09
              Back in TSU: 8/3/09

Comment

• Originally posted by brave52000 View Post
                This question is posed to anyone that has any any familiarity with the POE's in Montana.

If you could pick any port to work at in Montana which would you choose and why?

I should be put into TSU very shortly and I'm starting to prepare for which port I'm going to take, I know I won't be offered all of them, I'm just gathering as much info as possible. There is very little information online, and I was hoping for some first hand experience.
                Sweetgrass will prbably be on your list...take it.

Comment

• In TSU for 43 days. And counting--I hope the Washington--All Other geopref hires soon, as I should be one of the first to get the call...
                  Good luck to all of you other Washington/All Other and Washington/Northern Border folks!

Comment

I seriously hope it works out for you.

That has to be really frustrating.

Comment

• try gettin a nopa . Having it appealed, recieved confirmation letter , placed in tsu pulled out and ask to take a poly?? Boy can this be a "field day" on the right hands

Comment

Notice Of Proposed Action letter = NOPA. And... in all the time that I have been in the process and a part of this forum, I have yet to hear of a BI being FULLY cleared without ever meeting an investigator... and especially if the applicant is a LEO, cause they are scrutinized even further because of their position.
                        In any case my file was sent up the chain about 2 months ago and it probably is still sitting on someone's desk.
                        Have you applied again under the latest announcement?

Comment

• Originally posted by MontgCounty33 View Post
                          Has anyone ever heard of someone getting an NOR an TO at the same time?
                          Nope. Just not the way the process is setup to work. You may receive a TO shortly after NOR. The NOR is just to give you your test score. They will then put all of the test scores in order. If the need 20 CBPOs at Port X, they will cutoff the TOs at whatever test score they need to get that 20 plus a buffer to account for DQs, not interested, etc. So, I am not saying you could not get them close together if you scored really high on the test and applied for a POE with many openings, but realistically it will be at least a month before TOs go out. Some locations still have people testing, so they would have to get their scores before TOs could be issued.
                          CBPO East Texas
                          TO: 3/3/09
                          Pre-Emp Forms: 3/26/09
                          Fitness: 4/6/09 -Passed
                          Medical: 4/6/09 -Passed
                          VBT: 4/7/09 -Passed
                          Quals: (GS-7) 4/10/09 -Verified
                          Drug Test: 4/17/09 -Passed
                          BI: 8/27/09 -Cleared
                          TSU: 8/27/09
                          FCRA: 05/19/10
                          BI Update: 6/16/10

Comment

• Yoda, did you ever mention what your NOPA was for?

I'd understand if you don't want to share on this forum, im not trying to pry. Just trying to get a better grasp of your unique situation..

Comment

• Originally posted by RJ-Seattle View Post
                              In TSU for 43 days. And counting--I hope the Washington--All Other geopref hires soon, as I should be one of the first to get the call...
                              Good luck to all of you other Washington/All Other and Washington/Northern Border folks!
                              They're hiring, trust me, just be patient. Seattle has something like 40 people in the academy right now, with 18 in one class.

Comment

• How does Northern WA look now for hiring? I am a BI and quals clear away from that geo location. I hope to be offered Blaine. It is about 6 months since I met my BI.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6121 users online. 450 members and 5671 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X