Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBP officer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by BillyHoyle View Post
    Hey marcvann. Nice to see some more Illinois guys on here. Im sitting in TSU for Illinois. I work at MDW now. We only have a few international flights to Canada now, so I'm thinking when we hear something it will be for ORD, but you never know.
    I'm hoping for ORD also.

    No one here got any calls this week?
    You shut your mouth when you're talking to me!

    Comment


    • Maybe today's the day. I'm RDO the next 2 days. Be nice to go back on my monday and hand in my notice.
      Geo: Illinois
      Test Score: 94
      Quals: GS-7
      T.O.: 8/7/2007
      Referred to Schedule EOD

      "Theirs not to make reply, Theirs not to reason why, Theirs but to do and die"

      Comment


      • Originally posted by JRizEJ6 View Post
        first of all thank you for your info. but yes, im positive i passed it. ive been clean since '02.

        no i didnt use anything to help me pass. already in the process of filing my appeal.

        thanks again. but yeah i think it has to do with my response to that NOPA. i dont think they liked what i put down for frequency of use. we'll see how my appeal goes. if worst comes to worst, i can just re apply correct? from when does that 1 year buffer for re applying start? from the date you applied or from the date you got dropped?
        Its not an automatic debarrment from future employment. Its up to the individual circumstances to decide whether they will go this route or not. And even if they do I believe the max is 3 years then you can reapply. So i take it you got a NOPA, responded to it, and were denied and now you are appealing that decision? Sounds tough, but good luck. The MSPB really cant help you since you're not an officer yet. Its kind of a no win situation.

        Comment


        • Barnaj - glad to see you're still hanging strong.

          Can you refresh me on what happened when your medical/fitness expired?

          How long after they expired were you rescheduled to take them? Did you call them, or did they call you? Also, how long did it take from when you re-took them that you were put back in TSU (...before your BI typo fiasco)?

          Just wondering, because it'll be a year on 6/18/2009 since I took my medical/fitness tests.
          ICE IEA Philadelphia FO (Dingmans Ferry, PA)
          Written: 5/15/08
          NOR: 5/20/08
          TO: 10/28/08
          Medical/Drug Test: Cleared from CBP
          Fitness: 2/02/09
          BI: 3/15/09
          OB: 4/24
          EOD: 7/27
          FLETC: 7/29 (Class 928)


          CBPO Pennsylvania
          Written: 3/15/08
          NOR: 4/2/08
          TO: 5/22/08
          Pre-Emp Forms: 6/2/08
          Fitness/Medical: 6/18/08
          VBT: 6/30/08
          Drug Test: 7/10/08
          Quals: (GS-7) 7/23/08
          Met w/ BI: 9/24/08
          BI submitted: 10/10/08
          TSU: 4/2/09
          Removed from TSU (med/fit): 6/4
          EOD:

          Comment


          • Hello,
            Are there any CBP officers from the Buffalo, Ny Sector? Or any recruits just waiting to be called? I am just waiting on my back ground check........it seems like it been forever. But, I am just trying to get a feel for the overall morale and way of doing things in the Buffalo, Sector such as shifts, 4-day weekends and things of that nature. Feel free to send me a personal reply!

            Comment


            • Originally posted by JDNoble81 View Post
              Barnaj - glad to see you're still hanging strong.

              Can you refresh me on what happened when your medical/fitness expired?

              How long after they expired were you rescheduled to take them? Did you call them, or did they call you? Also, how long did it take from when you re-took them that you were put back in TSU (...before your BI typo fiasco)?

              Just wondering, because it'll be a year on 6/18/2009 since I took my medical/fitness tests.
              Hey JD. When mine expired, they called me up to schedule in the exact the same way as the first test. Same tests, just took it at a different place. I don't remember how long after it expired, but it wasn't long.
              Geo: Illinois
              Test Score: 94
              Quals: GS-7
              T.O.: 8/7/2007
              Referred to Schedule EOD

              "Theirs not to make reply, Theirs not to reason why, Theirs but to do and die"

              Comment


              • Originally posted by BillyHoyle View Post
                Hey JD. When mine expired, they called me up to schedule in the exact the same way as the first test. Same tests, just took it at a different place. I don't remember how long after it expired, but it wasn't long.
                Same here. For the fitness, it was one year and a total redo. At least it was at a different clinic that was closer. Gotta do that sucky step test again, which always sucks. The med is only a form you update with any medical changes and send back. At 2 years you have to redo the whole thing. Do yourself a favor and and keep your blood pressure low before the fitness. If its too high they may not let you participate, then i dont know if you'd be out or what.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by BillyHoyle View Post
                  Maybe today's the day. I'm RDO the next 2 days. Be nice to go back on my monday and hand in my notice.
                  I cannot wait for that moment. Although I will be taking a one year leave of absence just in case.
                  You shut your mouth when you're talking to me!

                  Comment


                  • TSU for East TX day 141.
                    CBPO
                    Tested - 8/21/08
                    TO - 9/23/08
                    TSU - 12/23/08
                    Geo Pref - Eastern TX

                    Comment


                    • Does CASS tell you your in TSU?

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by 1806 View Post
                        Does CASS tell you your in TSU?
                        TSU is just a way of saying that youve completed successfully all pre-employment forms. CASS will reflect this.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by barnaj View Post
                          TSU is just a way of saying that youve completed successfully all pre-employment forms. CASS will reflect this.
                          My CASS went from having some of the forms pending right to my EOD date.

                          Comment


                          • I just get "Requirements met" with all those requirements gone. Wouldn't even know if i was in TSU going by that.

                            Should I be expecting paperwork or something?

                            Comment


                            • A buddy of mine (CBPO) told me his brother had gotten a call for South TX about two weeks ago, but so far nothing on East TX. I wish I could change from East TX to South TX as it seems they are getting calls.
                              CBPO
                              TESTED: 8/21 Pharr, TX
                              NOR: 8/25 - 90 (NO VET)
                              GEO PREFERENCE - East, TX
                              CASS: 9/23
                              TO: 9/23
                              MEDICAL & FITNESS: 10/27
                              VBT: 11/7
                              BI:CLEARED
                              MEDICAL:PENDING DUE TO LASIK:1/9/09
                              LASIK POST-OP MAILED IN:4/12/09
                              MEDICAL: CLEARED
                              TSU: 5/1/09

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Scorp58 View Post
                                A buddy of mine (CBPO) told me his brother had gotten a call for South TX about two weeks ago, but so far nothing on East TX. I wish I could change from East TX to South TX as it seems they are getting calls.
                                Somebody on here a few days a go said some calls went out for Houston and DFW which fall under the East Texas region.
                                CBPO East Texas
                                TO: 3/3/09
                                Pre-Emp Forms: 3/26/09
                                Fitness: 4/6/09 -Passed
                                Medical: 4/6/09 -Passed
                                VBT: 4/7/09 -Passed
                                Quals: (GS-7) 4/10/09 -Verified
                                Drug Test: 4/17/09 -Passed
                                BI: 8/27/09 -Cleared
                                TSU: 8/27/09
                                FCRA: 05/19/10
                                BI Update: 6/16/10

                                Comment

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 8284 users online. 249 members and 8035 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

                                Working...
                                X