Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBP officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Maybe today's the day. I'm RDO the next 2 days. Be nice to go back on my monday and hand in my notice.
    Geo: Illinois
    Test Score: 94
    Quals: GS-7
    T.O.: 8/7/2007
    Referred to Schedule EOD

    "Theirs not to make reply, Theirs not to reason why, Theirs but to do and die"

    Comment


    • Originally posted by JRizEJ6 View Post
      first of all thank you for your info. but yes, im positive i passed it. ive been clean since '02.

      no i didnt use anything to help me pass. already in the process of filing my appeal.

      thanks again. but yeah i think it has to do with my response to that NOPA. i dont think they liked what i put down for frequency of use. we'll see how my appeal goes. if worst comes to worst, i can just re apply correct? from when does that 1 year buffer for re applying start? from the date you applied or from the date you got dropped?
      Its not an automatic debarrment from future employment. Its up to the individual circumstances to decide whether they will go this route or not. And even if they do I believe the max is 3 years then you can reapply. So i take it you got a NOPA, responded to it, and were denied and now you are appealing that decision? Sounds tough, but good luck. The MSPB really cant help you since you're not an officer yet. Its kind of a no win situation.

      Comment


      • Barnaj - glad to see you're still hanging strong.

        Can you refresh me on what happened when your medical/fitness expired?

        How long after they expired were you rescheduled to take them? Did you call them, or did they call you? Also, how long did it take from when you re-took them that you were put back in TSU (...before your BI typo fiasco)?

        Just wondering, because it'll be a year on 6/18/2009 since I took my medical/fitness tests.
        ICE IEA Philadelphia FO (Dingmans Ferry, PA)
        Written: 5/15/08
        NOR: 5/20/08
        TO: 10/28/08
        Medical/Drug Test: Cleared from CBP
        Fitness: 2/02/09
        BI: 3/15/09
        OB: 4/24
        EOD: 7/27
        FLETC: 7/29 (Class 928)


        CBPO Pennsylvania
        Written: 3/15/08
        NOR: 4/2/08
        TO: 5/22/08
        Pre-Emp Forms: 6/2/08
        Fitness/Medical: 6/18/08
        VBT: 6/30/08
        Drug Test: 7/10/08
        Quals: (GS-7) 7/23/08
        Met w/ BI: 9/24/08
        BI submitted: 10/10/08
        TSU: 4/2/09
        Removed from TSU (med/fit): 6/4
        EOD:

        Comment


        • Hello,
          Are there any CBP officers from the Buffalo, Ny Sector? Or any recruits just waiting to be called? I am just waiting on my back ground check........it seems like it been forever. But, I am just trying to get a feel for the overall morale and way of doing things in the Buffalo, Sector such as shifts, 4-day weekends and things of that nature. Feel free to send me a personal reply!

          Comment


          • Originally posted by JDNoble81 View Post
            Barnaj - glad to see you're still hanging strong.

            Can you refresh me on what happened when your medical/fitness expired?

            How long after they expired were you rescheduled to take them? Did you call them, or did they call you? Also, how long did it take from when you re-took them that you were put back in TSU (...before your BI typo fiasco)?

            Just wondering, because it'll be a year on 6/18/2009 since I took my medical/fitness tests.
            Hey JD. When mine expired, they called me up to schedule in the exact the same way as the first test. Same tests, just took it at a different place. I don't remember how long after it expired, but it wasn't long.
            Geo: Illinois
            Test Score: 94
            Quals: GS-7
            T.O.: 8/7/2007
            Referred to Schedule EOD

            "Theirs not to make reply, Theirs not to reason why, Theirs but to do and die"

            Comment


            • Originally posted by BillyHoyle View Post
              Hey JD. When mine expired, they called me up to schedule in the exact the same way as the first test. Same tests, just took it at a different place. I don't remember how long after it expired, but it wasn't long.
              Same here. For the fitness, it was one year and a total redo. At least it was at a different clinic that was closer. Gotta do that sucky step test again, which always sucks. The med is only a form you update with any medical changes and send back. At 2 years you have to redo the whole thing. Do yourself a favor and and keep your blood pressure low before the fitness. If its too high they may not let you participate, then i dont know if you'd be out or what.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by BillyHoyle View Post
                Maybe today's the day. I'm RDO the next 2 days. Be nice to go back on my monday and hand in my notice.
                I cannot wait for that moment. Although I will be taking a one year leave of absence just in case.
                You shut your mouth when you're talking to me!

                Comment


                • TSU for East TX day 141.
                  CBPO
                  Tested - 8/21/08
                  TO - 9/23/08
                  TSU - 12/23/08
                  Geo Pref - Eastern TX

                  Comment


                  • Does CASS tell you your in TSU?

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by 1806 View Post
                      Does CASS tell you your in TSU?
                      TSU is just a way of saying that youve completed successfully all pre-employment forms. CASS will reflect this.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by barnaj View Post
                        TSU is just a way of saying that youve completed successfully all pre-employment forms. CASS will reflect this.
                        My CASS went from having some of the forms pending right to my EOD date.

                        Comment


                        • I just get "Requirements met" with all those requirements gone. Wouldn't even know if i was in TSU going by that.

                          Should I be expecting paperwork or something?

                          Comment


                          • A buddy of mine (CBPO) told me his brother had gotten a call for South TX about two weeks ago, but so far nothing on East TX. I wish I could change from East TX to South TX as it seems they are getting calls.
                            CBPO
                            TESTED: 8/21 Pharr, TX
                            NOR: 8/25 - 90 (NO VET)
                            GEO PREFERENCE - East, TX
                            CASS: 9/23
                            TO: 9/23
                            MEDICAL & FITNESS: 10/27
                            VBT: 11/7
                            BI:CLEARED
                            MEDICAL:PENDING DUE TO LASIK:1/9/09
                            LASIK POST-OP MAILED IN:4/12/09
                            MEDICAL: CLEARED
                            TSU: 5/1/09

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Scorp58 View Post
                              A buddy of mine (CBPO) told me his brother had gotten a call for South TX about two weeks ago, but so far nothing on East TX. I wish I could change from East TX to South TX as it seems they are getting calls.
                              Somebody on here a few days a go said some calls went out for Houston and DFW which fall under the East Texas region.
                              CBPO East Texas
                              TO: 3/3/09
                              Pre-Emp Forms: 3/26/09
                              Fitness: 4/6/09 -Passed
                              Medical: 4/6/09 -Passed
                              VBT: 4/7/09 -Passed
                              Quals: (GS-7) 4/10/09 -Verified
                              Drug Test: 4/17/09 -Passed
                              BI: 8/27/09 -Cleared
                              TSU: 8/27/09
                              FCRA: 05/19/10
                              BI Update: 6/16/10

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by 1806 View Post
                                My CASS went from having some of the forms pending right to my EOD date.
                                Yeah thats the way it goes. It's not a very precise system.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 16535 users online. 441 members and 16094 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X