Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To anyone who is at FLETC or has been recently.

Do the dorm rooms come with a shower in the room? or is it floor by floor?

As in is there just one big ol shower on each floor for those occupants, or does each room come with a shower/bathroom?

Comment

• David B.

You either have a super clean backround, or you got interim clearance. But seeing as in you've already met your investigator, i'd lean towards clean backround. Congrats. Now you just have to wait for the call..

Comment

• Leaving to catch a flight in an hr to take the test tomorrow.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlmostDone View Post
          David B.

You either have a super clean backround, or you got interim clearance. But seeing as in you've already met your investigator, i'd lean towards clean backround. Congrats. Now you just have to wait for the call..
          thanks, and yeah, i don't have much of a background. My BI and I actually joked about that, so it appears it took a week to clear once it got to the adjudicator.

Now I join another group of people waiting.

Comment

• For all those waiting for "the call"
            Bad news. I talked with the woman at TSU today. She is very nice. She said that hiring has slowed down and she doesn't know why. She has never seen it slow down like this before and has no explanation. I am waiting for SF/OAK and she said she knows SF/Oak and other large ports really need people, but Washington will not let her hire. I asked if it mattered if you were GS-5 or Gs-7 and she said "no" and I asked her if your stuff expires while in TSU what happens and she said you re test what you need and then go back to TSU with your original TSU date. She also said things are so backed up that she foresees this hiring slow down as a future problem for CBP. She said some ports are already really hurting and this slow down is going to make things worse. She said she alone has 800 files in TSU for people ready to hire and she has never had that many before. She also said 30, 60, and 90 days marks in TSU do not matter. They use to try to get a person to training before you hit a certain mark, but all that it out the window now.
            The only good news I pulled out of this is that CBP really needs people so you would hope at some point the flood gates will open. However, CBP can only hire as many as FLETC can handle. For all those waiting like me, the wait just got longer.
            I have been in TSU for 40 days.
            Last edited by UofU76; 05-12-2009, 03:40 PM.

Comment

• Dang. It looks like I got in at just the right time.

Comment

• Sounds like FLETC, will be doubling up the dorms.

Comment

• Day 40 in TSU
                  ICE IEA Philadelphia FO (Dingmans Ferry, PA)
                  Written: 5/15/08
                  NOR: 5/20/08
                  TO: 10/28/08
                  Medical/Drug Test: Cleared from CBP
                  Fitness: 2/02/09
                  BI: 3/15/09
                  OB: 4/24
                  EOD: 7/27
                  FLETC: 7/29 (Class 928)

CBPO Pennsylvania
                  Written: 3/15/08
                  NOR: 4/2/08
                  TO: 5/22/08
                  Pre-Emp Forms: 6/2/08
                  Fitness/Medical: 6/18/08
                  VBT: 6/30/08
                  Drug Test: 7/10/08
                  Quals: (GS-7) 7/23/08
                  Met w/ BI: 9/24/08
                  BI submitted: 10/10/08
                  TSU: 4/2/09
                  Removed from TSU (med/fit): 6/4
                  EOD:

Comment

• Originally posted by nycmike87 View Post
                    Sounds like FLETC, will be doubling up the dorms.

Wasn't it always two to a room?

Comment

• No just in some

Comment

• Down at FLETC now for a class

and I am amazed at all the CBP trainees walking around. Some in their 20s, 30s, 40s, this guy could be 50 or 60

Hey Yoda

I am not kidding you man. I got it as I left for FLETC. So my two weeks down here is not a fun one. I will PM you later

Comment

• Originally posted by AlmostDone View Post
                          To anyone who is at FLETC or has been recently.

Do the dorm rooms come with a shower in the room? or is it floor by floor?

As in is there just one big ol shower on each floor for those occupants, or does each room come with a shower/bathroom?
                          Each room will have a shower. You might share one with a roommate or neighbor depending on where you end up.

Comment

• Originally posted by fedcopboston View Post
                            and I am amazed at all the CBP trainees walking around. Some in their 20s, 30s, 40s, this guy could be 50 or 60

Hey Yoda

I am not kidding you man. I got it as I left for FLETC. So my two weeks down here is not a fun one. I will PM you later
                            fed, whats up buddy? long time no talk...

any news about the hiring situation in for Massachusetts??

I've been in TSU since 11/14/2008

hope a call comes in before things start expiring...

Comment

• I tested for CBP Officer last week and I selected Illinois as my geo pref. Does this mean I will probably be working at Ohare or Midway airport since there are no ports of entry in Illinois. Are there any CBP Officers that work in Chicago that I can PM?

Comment

• question again. I got dropped from the hiring process due to 'criminal conduct' and 'illegal drug use' but i have some questions. is that what they list if they dont like the info on your SF86? how do you know if its the drug screen that you failed? the day my drug test cleared in CASS (online) is the day that I got dropped for those reasons. My drug test cleared in CASS and im positive i passed it but I was thinking why would they drop me on the day that my results posted? just a coincidence?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 19528 users online. 504 members and 19024 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X