Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CBPO_PR View Post
    Hi people...

This past week I took the VBT and it went so bad for me....
    I'm very disappointed about my performance in the test....
    The problem is because my english skills.... I answered very shortly (about 10-15 second answers) because my english vocabulary is very limited...
    In one of the scenarios I didn't understand what they were talking about...
    The worst part of this is that I know the test is super easy...it's just commonsense. I really feel sad about this.. but I still have some faith...
    See you people....
    No te preocupes hermano. I answered most of the questions with tons of time to spare. I left there thinking I failed and could have answered the questions better but it all worked out.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlmostDone View Post

Merlin- even though we've clashed on some views in the past, lol. You really are a fountain of knowledge, every newbie on this site, use this resource if you can. Might come off as little harsh, but its probably what you NEED to hear not what you WANT to hear..
      De nada.

I suppose I might come off as a bit preachy at times. Especially on issues where people seem to advocate the "half-assed" approach to preparing for this job. What some people need to realize though is the time to start working on their skills, conditioning and improving their A-game is now, while they wait in hiring...and long before CBP calls with an offer.

Once you get to FLETC...once you're at your port you'll be so busy with other things and general busy-work that it''ll just be all the harder to get yourself up to a level that's competitive. If you enter this job already in a hole you've dug for yourself, you just make it all that much harder to excell...and sometimes just survive.

Comment

• Originally posted by Leen View Post
        Just wanted to let you guys know that I GOT THE CALL!! BUT, the message was left on my house phone and it was already after 5 when I heard it so I called back and left a message. I will definitely be calling them back on Monday morning. This is gonna be the longest weekend ever!!!
        I see you are from NJ> Do you realize NY other is located upstate NY. Anywhere from 4-8 hours away. Just giving you some info.

Comment

• My husband is hoping to get in to Blaine, WA, as well. I am glad to see they're accepting people at that POE still. Keep your fingers crossed for him, please!

Comment

• Originally posted by 1806 View Post
            What they forget to mention is that they are three day weekends.

Ah, that's why I crossed over to the BLUE! Air National Guard is 2 day weekends, none of that MUTA 5 BS. I have been commuting for a couple of years and now I'm trying to get a spot in a unit just down the street from my house. No deployments, no unnecessary BS, all gravy.

Air Guard is something to think about if you are tired of long weekends and long deployments

Comment

• Originally posted by robeans View Post
              Ah, that's why I crossed over to the BLUE! Air National Guard is 2 day weekends, none of that MUTA 5 BS. I have been commuting for a couple of years and now I'm trying to get a spot in a unit just down the street from my house. No deployments, no unnecessary BS, all gravy.

Air Guard is something to think about if you are tired of long weekends and long deployments
              I haven't been deployed yet.

The first unit I joined was a Garrison Support Unit. That got disbanded to make the current unit. Then they wanted volunteers to do the GSU's mission.

I had more important priorities, like college.

This unit isn't supposed to deploy for a couple years though.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlmostDone View Post
                Hey everyone, It is currently 12:26am Saturday Night...

Im sitting here watching Role Models, (hilarious movie btw), and decided to call the CASS status line. I had checked CASS online earlier today and my backround had still been pending. I thought to myself, it has now been almost 7 months since I met my BI and still no word.

To be honest I stopped coming onto this forum because hearing other ppl fly thru the process made me feel anxious and a bit depressed. Not to say that I am not happy for everyone! Just being honest, it was kind of bitter sweet! Im sure im not alone when it comes to this..

Anywhoo! So I call CASS tonight jsut for ****s and giggles, type in my APP ID my SSN and after it says "security" it magically said "completed"!

Wow, im overcome by emotion right now, its been sucha long wait. But I must thank this board because it kept me sane..Notably two people.

Merlin- even though we've clashed on some views in the past, lol. You really are a fountain of knowledge, every newbie on this site, use this resource if you can. Might come off as little harsh, but its probably what you NEED to hear not what you WANT to hear..

and the 2nd person. Definately has to be YODA.

You my man, are awesome. Even though you've gotten the short stick when it comes to this whole process..you go out of your way everyday to help others out. I can't thank you enough for how much help you've been to me.

I truly, honestly hope you get your BI cleared soon. Im pulling for you each and every day until it happens. And I know it will...

wow probably a sappy sounding post..but hey..im friggin ecstatic.
                Hello almostdone what is the phone number for CASS?

Comment

• Originally posted by NJNJ View Post
                  I see you are from NJ> Do you realize NY other is located upstate NY. Anywhere from 4-8 hours away. Just giving you some info.
                  Yes, and I was utterly disappointed when I got the TO. But I did much thinking and decided I will make the sacrifice and move. It will be a fresh new page in my book of life
                  CBPO Timeline
                  GEO: NY (All Other)
                  TEST: 8/15/08 (88)
                  TO: 12/24/08
                  FORMS: 1/9/09
                  FITNESS: 1/16/09
                  VBT: 1/21/09
                  DRUG: 2/4/09
                  QUALS: 2/4/09
                  MEDICAL: 4/09
                  BI: 5/1/09
                  TSU:5/1/09

EOD: 6/8/09
                  FLETC: 7/8/09
                  GRAD: 10/20/09

Comment

• Originally posted by mrst View Post
                    My husband is hoping to get in to Blaine, WA, as well. I am glad to see they're accepting people at that POE still. Keep your fingers crossed for him, please!
                    Tell him good luck.

If he wants Blaine, he might also consider Sumas. It's not that far away from Blaine.

Comment

• Originally posted by SevenSixTwo View Post
                      I know some people who are not on this board who are waiting for the SFO area phone call as well.
                      SF/Oakland was hiring a lot, according to someone I know who got hired for SF/Oakland they were taking 5-7 offiicers a week and recently just shut down. Makes me crazy.

Comment

• Originally posted by casey3 View Post
                        I tested in 08/08. As far as I can tell once your medical, drug test, physical, expire while in TSU, you do get kicked back to CASS and have to redo each test as they expire. I think you have one year for each test, from the date that you passed each test, before they expire.
                        That's not good. I only have a few months.

Comment

• Originally posted by UofU76 View Post
                          That's not good. I only have a few months.
                          I think I'm going to lose my mind!

Comment

• Congrats 1806...

Seems like they're starting to call people for WA. I'm still waiting for the VBT results and meet with BI.

I wonder if I can still make it for a class this year. Everyday I hear people getting laid off left and right within my company...
                            TSU - 8/28/09
                            TO - 3/2009
                            On the job

Comment

• intresting
                              "Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem." President Ronald Reagan.

Comment

• Originally posted by sr20 View Post
                                Congrats 1806...

Seems like they're starting to call people for WA. I'm still waiting for the VBT results and meet with BI.

I wonder if I can still make it for a class this year. Everyday I hear people getting laid off left and right within my company...
                                Good luck.

What happened for me is that I got one thing a month. Hope ya get hired.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6142 users online. 437 members and 5705 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X