Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All of you prospective CBPO's please read the previous for your enjoyment and laughs. There are a few guys on this thread a whole lot smarter, wiser and more helpful than this guy/girl. Merlin & yoda to name a few.

Anyone coming to Southern Cali that need info about anything please feel free to message me. Good luck!
    What if quotas did exist?!

Comment

• Post Removed
      Last edited by TPA3312; 05-08-2009, 06:53 AM.
      Luck is where preparation meets opportunity. - Seneca

Comment

• Originally posted by ExSDSO View Post
        All of you prospective CBPO's please read the previous for your enjoyment and laughs. There are a few guys on this thread a whole lot smarter, wiser and more helpful than this guy/girl. Merlin & yoda to name a few.

Anyone coming to Southern Cali that need info about anything please feel free to message me. Good luck!
        Thanks for the insight
        "When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle."

Comment

• Originally posted by TPA3312 View Post
          I called out 'Hunt the jackel' for the scared little girl he was. If he is man enough to answer my request, he is done. I repeat what many have said. If he hates his job, why doesn't he quit and open a slot for someone who wants to be their?
          It would appear to me that hunt needs a hug more than anything.
          "When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle."

Comment

• Originally posted by Federalyhood View Post
            My question is:

Why is CBP taking more applications for Florida when there are a lot of people waiting on TSU for months? I'm working on two months and you are working on 4 months, and I know we are not the only two.

And new people welcome....this is not against you...
            The latest announcement is for filling future positions. As stated numerous times, attrition is inevitable. There might be 250 people that turn 56 this year and have one year remaining before mandatory retirement etc. Those 250 slots need to be planned for.
            Last edited by Walla183; 05-07-2009, 09:21 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hunt the Jackel
              contact your BI ? Are you aware that calling someone or asking if someone is "to old " is an eeo violation ? Better watch your mouth sonny . LOL or at the Acadamy a real retired LEO might just punch your lights out . Oh by the way on the way home today you mixed up the McDonalds order. Geez
              Yep, nothing says "I'm a real cop" like being a security guard outside of the local federal building. And sadly you'll fail at that too, because those guys know who they are and except it. Unless your kicking in doors with the Special Elite Super Tactical Fighting Force, you'll still be a winy little girl.

To all, you can read some of Hunt the Jackel's previous posts on another forum right here: http://lonelymachines.org/mall-ninjas/

Good day sir
              Last edited by robeans; 05-07-2009, 09:21 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by robeans View Post
                Yep, nothing says "I'm a real cop" like being a security guard outside of the local federal building. And sadly you'll fail at that too, because those guys know who they are and except it. Unless your kicking in doors with the Special Elite Super Tactical Fighting Force, you'll still be a winy little girl.

To all, you can read some of Hunt the Jackel's previous posts on another forum right here: http://lonelymachines.org/mall-ninjas/

Good day sir
                Nice reference. That was the same thing I was thinking.

Comment

• When I think of 'Hunt the Jackel', I think of him as a Mall Ninja.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kckLMufuObQ
                  Last edited by TPA3312; 05-07-2009, 09:51 PM.

Comment

• hey guys. i just finished my day 1 here at FLETC. its around 945pm. apparently they dont have the old ugly smurfs anymore. the temp uniforms they gave us kinda look almost like the class 2s. they're blue and have the CBP patches on the arms. and we got the jacket and shorts too. unless i'm just entirely mistaken and these are the old smurfs.. but to me they don't look too bad. i think i can do a fair amount of question answering if anyone has questions. of course i'll keep learning as i'm here.. i'm using my personal laptop with a verizon air card. oh and if anyone makes it out here soon.. i was late to dinner cuz i napped after class but i was able to get some chocolate pudding. it was pretty damn good. tasted exactly like snack pack pudding. ok i'm done for now. good luck to all in the process.

Comment

• Well I was contacted today by BOP to set up a date for a corrections interview. Since I turn 37 in Dec. I'm definatly going to say yes as I can't risk missing the boat, but now I have the whole "what should I do long term" thing going on. I was really getting used to the idea of GS-11? Any idea what a GS-9 BOP would transfer to in the CBP down the road? Do you loose any steps or might it be considered lateral

Comment

• Originally posted by DLA View Post
                        hey guys. i just finished my day 1 here at FLETC. its around 945pm. apparently they dont have the old ugly smurfs anymore. the temp uniforms they gave us kinda look almost like the class 2s. they're blue and have the CBP patches on the arms. and we got the jacket and shorts too. unless i'm just entirely mistaken and these are the old smurfs.. but to me they don't look too bad. i think i can do a fair amount of question answering if anyone has questions. of course i'll keep learning as i'm here.. i'm using my personal laptop with a verizon air card. oh and if anyone makes it out here soon.. i was late to dinner cuz i napped after class but i was able to get some chocolate pudding. it was pretty damn good. tasted exactly like snack pack pudding. ok i'm done for now. good luck to all in the process.
                        Do you have a roommate.

Comment

• Originally posted by JMZ400 View Post
                          Well I was contacted today by BOP to set up a date for a corrections interview. Since I turn 37 in Dec. I'm definatly going to say yes as I can't risk missing the boat, but now I have the whole "what should I do long term" thing going on. I was really getting used to the idea of GS-11? Any idea what a GS-9 BOP would transfer to in the CBP down the road? Do you loose any steps or might it be considered lateral
                          First thing, the BOP is GL, so your getting a little more chedda there. But BOP is competitive after GL 6, meaning to get 8 you need to compete. Also remember they are probably the worst run DOC in the country, so prepare to be wowed.

Yes you can transfer over money wise, depending on what your grade is there, you will come in at a GS 7 step something.

Also remember that ICE is hiring right now and they are age 40 limit.

Comment

• Someone asked about calculators earlier...my husband took the test in Buffalo today and said that someone had one on his desk and used it for the math. They didn't tell him to remove it unil they were on the next section. That is just ridiculous he should have been DQd for just having it on his desk! Crazy!
                            CBPO
                            Test: July 2008
                            TO: 12/26/08
                            VBT 1/21/09-passed
                            Medical - 1/21/09 - cleared 4/28
                            Fitness - 1/21/09 - passed
                            Drug test - 2/5/09- passed
                            BI - Cleared
                            TSU -4/29/09 (Buffalo)
                            BI2 - cleared 8/11

ICE Special Agent
                            Test 7/22/09 passed

Comment

• Originally posted by robeans View Post
                              First thing, the BOP is GL, so your getting a little more chedda there. But BOP is competitive after GL 6, meaning to get 8 you need to compete. Also remember they are probably the worst run DOC in the country, so prepare to be wowed.

Yes you can transfer over money wise, depending on what your grade is there, you will come in at a GS 7 step something.

Also remember that ICE is hiring right now and they are age 40 limit.
                              Thanks.
                              Yes I realized I made that mistake. I would be coming into BOP at GL-5 since I have no formal experience and or the 4 year degree.

I just took the CBPO test on 4-29-09 (still waiting for results) and I'm scheduled for the ICE test on 5-26-09... although I just got a letter to report for jury duty that very same day Guess I'll do a work around.

Allthough it would give me the perfect excuse to miss work for another test

Comment

• For all involved; this forum has an incredibly useful little feature called ‘ignore list’. Just click on ‘Private Messages' in right upper corner, then on the left under ‘Miscellaneous’ click ‘Buddy / Ignore Lists’

There you can ‘invite’ all the rambling morons, people who post over and over the same question, flamers, and you will not see their posts ever again. Life becomes simpler; your blood pressure goes down, yada, yada, yada.

And the best part? Once on the list they can’t do rat's @ss about it. Isn’t that beautiful?
                                CBPO Timeline
                                Geo: Virginia and D.C. Test: 12/10/08
                                NOR: 12/20/08 (86%) TO: 02/02/09
                                Forms: 02/11/09 VBT: 02/25/09
                                Medical: 03/03/09 Fitness: 03/03/09
                                Drug Test: 03/12/09 Qualifications: 03/26/09
                                BI: 04/09/09 (my B-day gift!)
                                Met with Investigator: 04/15/09 TSU: 04/10/09
                                The Call: 05/01/09 10.30am
                                EOD: 06/01/09 -- Dulles Airport
                                FLETC: 07/01/09 -- Class 957
                                Graduation: 10/14/09

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5262 users online. 199 members and 5063 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X