• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by OZ-82 View Post
    Thank you merlin, I understand.
    Last edited by pepecito16; 05-07-2009, 03:39 PM. Reason: wrong thread

Comment

• Can you last longer than 90 days in TSU? and is it common?

Comment

• Originally posted by grullj View Post
        Can you last longer than 90 days in TSU? and is it common?
        Maybe. Ask me in about 2 weeks.
        Last edited by TPA3312; 05-07-2009, 04:14 PM.
        Luck is where preparation meets opportunity. - Seneca

Comment

I have been in TSU for 150 days, so yes now is it common?, it all depends on your GEO Preference.

Comment

• The updated status for my BI in CASS is "You case is in the security office". I have not met with an investigator so does this mean I will be receiving a NOPA? What happened to you guys when that status popped up?

Comment

• Originally posted by rollingstone10 View Post
              The updated status for my BI in CASS is "You case is in the security office". I have not met with an investigator so does this mean I will be receiving a NOPA? What happened to you guys when that status popped up?
              That is where mine is at, should mean that they have your file and will get to it when they can i guess.......
              CBPO
              Written: ~06-08
              T.O.: 3-09
              Pre-employment forms: 3-09 Completed
              Fitness: 4-09 Completed
              Medical: 4-09 Completed
              VBT: 3-09 Completed
              Drug test: 3-09 Completed
              Quals: 4-09 Completed
              B.I.: 08-06-09 Completed
              Geo Pref: SW - Texas/NM (Took El Paso, TX)
              TSU:08-07-09
              EOD:08-17-09
              FLETC:Sept 10 - Dec 30

"While watching you through the scope of my rifle, all I can say is: "You can run but you WILL die tired""

Comment

• Originally posted by jflores View Post
                I have been in TSU for 150 days, so yes now is it common?, it all depends on your GEO Preference.
                Are you looking for Newark?

Comment

• Forgot to ask, but is there anyone on here looking for the SW Texas/NM area?
                  CBPO
                  Written: ~06-08
                  T.O.: 3-09
                  Pre-employment forms: 3-09 Completed
                  Fitness: 4-09 Completed
                  Medical: 4-09 Completed
                  VBT: 3-09 Completed
                  Drug test: 3-09 Completed
                  Quals: 4-09 Completed
                  B.I.: 08-06-09 Completed
                  Geo Pref: SW - Texas/NM (Took El Paso, TX)
                  TSU:08-07-09
                  EOD:08-17-09
                  FLETC:Sept 10 - Dec 30

"While watching you through the scope of my rifle, all I can say is: "You can run but you WILL die tired""

Comment

• Originally posted by rollingstone10 View Post
                    The updated status for my BI in CASS is "You case is in the security office". I have not met with an investigator so does this mean I will be receiving a NOPA? What happened to you guys when that status popped up?
                    Not necessarily...

Comment

• Originally posted by NJNJ View Post
                      Are you looking for Newark?
                      YES.....Yes i am in waiting for Newark and the wait is killing me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Federalyhood View Post
                        My question is:

Why is CBP taking more applications for Florida when there are a lot of people waiting on TSU for months? I'm working on two months and you are working on 4 months, and I know we are not the only two.

And new people welcome....this is not against you...
                        A former coastguard buddy of mine whose trying to get into the Marine tactical division of CBP told me they're getting lots of applicants and they are weeding people out little by little.

If any of you are trying to land a job in Miami, FL, good luck. When I did my VBT down on Brickell Ave, the administrator said about 200-300 people recently did VBTs and ALL are looking to get into MIA or the port of Miami. She said those people are going to be waiting for 2-3 years before getting a job with CBP.

The only reason I chose Miami is because I'm already here. Anyway, if you want the job be flexible with where you're willing to work. Florida isn't all that, especially between May-October when the humidity will make you wish you didn't move down here. No dis to any of the Florida massive, but since '82, the temp and humidity have done nothing but gone up, and the state is getting more and more crowded.

If you do get a job down here and you haven't lived here long, you'll notice people here don't know how to drive. You can also expect to narrowly avoid being in a car accident on a daily basis, especially in Dade and Broward.
                        Last edited by sandwichman; 05-07-2009, 05:28 PM.
                        CBP written test Miami, FL
                        11/10/2007
                        NOR letter 01/16/2008
                        VBT 4/2/2008 (passed)
                        Forms 6/2/2009 completed
                        Med exam 4/6/2009 completed
                        9/4/2009
                        Physical exam 4/6/2009 (passed)
                        drug test 5/7/2009 (passed)
                        TO 5/12/2009 (2nd one,
                        never got first)
                        qualifications completed
                        BI interview 9/30/2009
                        BI cleared/referred to TSU 10/30/2009
                        poly: Mar 2011
                        updated e-Qip & All Forms: Sep/Oct 2011
                        BI interview II: Dec 2011/Jan 2012

Comment

I've been in TSU for Massachusetts since 11/14/2008

almost 6 months with no word, be patient friends

Comment

• Originally posted by sandwichman View Post
                            A former coastguard buddy of mine whose trying to get into the Marine tactical division of CBP told me they're getting lots of applicants and they are weeding people out little by little.

If any of you are trying to land a job in Miami, FL, good luck. When I did my VBT down on Brickell Ave, the administrator said about 200-300 people recently did VBTs and ALL are looking to get into MIA or the port of Miami. She said those people are going to be waiting for 2-3 years before getting a job with CBP.

The only reason I chose Miami is because I'm already here. Anyway, if you want the job be flexible with where you're willing to work. Florida isn't all that, especially between May-October when the humidity will make you wish you didn't move down here. No dis to any of the Florida massive, but since '82, the temp and humidity have done nothing but gone up, and the state is getting more and more crowded.

Been in process for Miami since feb 07 and I'm at theend of the process so I think I'm safe....

If you do get a job down here and you haven't lived here long, you'll notice people here don't know how to drive. You can also expect to narrowly avoid being in a car accident on a daily basis, especially in Dade and Broward.

Comment

• Been in process
                              For Miami since Feb 2007 and I'm at the end of the process so I think I'm safe....

Comment

• Originally posted by Federalyhood View Post
                                My question is:

Why is CBP taking more applications for Florida when there are a lot of people waiting on TSU for months? I'm working on two months and you are working on 4 months, and I know we are not the only two.

And new people welcome....this is not against you...
                                What do taking new applications have to do with you guys in currently in TSU?
                                Today’s TSU people are in competition for today’s…tomorrow’s…next week’s…next month’s training slots. Those new applicants likely won’t see an offer for many months. In the 6-12-18 months it takes for the new applicants to work their way up into TSU, you TSU people will almost certainly be hired.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12255 users online. 442 members and 11813 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X