Clear All

• That sounds better then.
    CBPO-MIA/FL
    Written: 4/30/09
    NOR: 6/01/09 (82%)
    TO: pending

Comment

• Originally posted by TPA3312 View Post
      Merlin. What about your lodging after your first EOD date before FLETC? Does the gov pay for that?
      The government will not pay for your expenses while you are at pre-academy. The only housing provided is at FLETC.

Comment

• Originally posted by TPA3312 View Post
        Merlin. What about your lodging after your first EOD date before FLETC? Does the gov pay for that?
        Some of you guys are playing rather loose with the definition of "EOD".

EOD means:

Enter on Duty
        Entry on Duty
        Entrance on Duty

or something along those lines. Unless you're currently employed by CBP you don't have an EOD date yet. The day you hire on will be your EOD date.

Lodging after EOD and before FLETC will be on your dime. Lodging after FLETC will also be on your dime.

Comment

• From the looks of things it appears that TSU is screwing things up by referring to the TSU date as an EOD date.

While there is some truth to that, in the real world the date you get hired is your EOD date. Nobody other than TSU follows TSU's playbook on that call.

Comment

• Post Deleted
            Last edited by OZ-82; 05-07-2009, 03:09 PM.
            CBPO-MIA/FL

Comment

• Gotta love newbs telling an officer what EOD is....

EOD has been discussed extensively on this thread, and it is E-ntrance O-n D-uty date... Meaning your first day on the job!... Pre-Academy is the time you spend at your port prior to FLETC and your activities at the port will vary with each POE and its policies.
              EOD is NOT pre-Academy, it is your first day on the job and the date that will dictate your salary increases as well.
              CBPO
              Written: 08/29/2007
              EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
                Gotta love newbs telling an officer what EOD is....

EOD has been discussed extensively on this thread, and it is E-ntrance O-n D-uty date... Meaning your first day on the job!... Pre-Academy is the time you spend at your port prior to FLETC and your activities at the port will vary with each POE and its policies.
                EOD is NOT pre-Academy, it is your first day on the job and the date that will dictate your salary increases as well.
                What a stupid discussion. EOD is your first day of work. Why all the splitting of hairs about this? Any new news Yoda? Nothing here.

Comment

• Originally posted by imlikeaninja View Post
                  I am in for NY other but reapplied and am waiting for a TO for JFK.
                  My background is still pending. It was submitted on 1/12/9. Do you know when your B.I. was submitted if not when did you meet your B.I? Thanks.

P.S. Anyone know what happens to my re-application if I hit TSU? Will I still get a new TO or do I need to turn down the original TO at that pont?
                  Im waiting for NY JFK. Met with my BI OCT 08
                  CBPOJFK
                  Exam 03/2008---86
                  Pre-Employment Forms---08/2008 check
                  Qualifications---07/2008---GS 5 check
                  Medical 07/2008---08/2009 check
                  Drug Test---07/2008 check
                  VBT---07/2008 check
                  Fitness---8/2009 check
                  BI---08/13/2009 check

Referred to Schedule EOD 8/28/2009 TSU BABY!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Scorp58 View Post
                    I know it's been asked before, but has anybody taken a motorcycle to FLETC recently? is it worth the haul?
                    I was thinking about buying a bike or car out there. After some searching on Craigslist, anything in my budget looks like a money pit.
                    "When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle."

Comment

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
                      What a stupid discussion. EOD is your first day of work. Why all the splitting of hairs about this? Any new news Yoda? Nothing here.
                      LMAO... indeed, just trying to chime in and maybe clarify some stuff, since it seems like every single time there's an opening there are those who talk and talk without researching or reading through some old posts... Oh well!

No news, last week I was told my file was awaiting review by the next higher up in line... i.e. sitting on someone's desk gathering dust until they decide to take a look at it. Gotta love the impersonal bureaucracy of pushing paper without thinking about what it really represents...(a persons life). Nothing I can really do since it went through the Adjudicator and her supervisor, now it sits there for the next in line to look at it, well I can't really expect much more from my process.
                      CBPO
                      Written: 08/29/2007
                      EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Where are all the calls at??? I'm ready to work!!!!!
                        Geo Area: SFO/OAK
                        Written: 08/23/08- 92 (87+5)
                        NOR: 09/2008
                        TO: 09/25/08
                        Medical/Physical:10/08,09/09,10/09
                        Drug Test: 11/2008
                        Oral Board: 12/03/08
                        BI: 03/12/2009 (Initiated 10/2008)
                        Qualifications: 03/17/09
                        Referred to TSU:03/19/09

IEA Agent
                        Geo Area: San Francisco County
                        Written:05/26/09
                        T.O.:08/28/09
                        Pre-Employment Forms Sent To DSC: 09/11/09
                        Medical/Fitness:11/02/09
                        Interview:PASSED on 11/16/09

Comment

• Originally posted by K0R3 View Post
                          I was thinking about buying a bike or car out there. After some searching on Craigslist, anything in my budget looks like a money pit.
                          You can get a bike used for a few bucks down there. There are literally hundreds of abandoned bikes laying around the Taj or people that are graduating are trying to off load theirs for a few bucks.

Buying a car is challenging. GA state law says you must have a valid GA drivers license to register a car there so if your an out of stater you would have to register it in FL.

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
                            Gotta love newbs telling an officer what EOD is....

Allright... My mistake I'm not trying to tell anyone how everyhting is, I''m learning just like most of the members here. I know what EOD stand for but like I said I mentioned that to an officer and that's the response he gave me... Yes, he mentioned it's the day they explain everything to you, etc. Anyways forget about it is not like I have to worry about it now.
                            Last edited by OZ-82; 05-07-2009, 04:27 PM.
                            CBPO-MIA/FL

Comment

• I ride a Ducati Monster
                              Patience is a virtue

Comment

• I wonder what is the longest time someone has been in TSU. I mean is it 90 days (What CASS indicates) or could it be 3000 days.
                                Miami by way of Chicago
                                Test 8/4/08
                                TO 11/13/08
                                Drug Test 11/13/08
                                VBT 12/11/08
                                Physical 12/16/08
                                Qual 1/10/09
                                Met BI 1/5/09
                                BI cleared 2/19/09
                                TSU 2/20/09

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 18010 users online. 502 members and 17508 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X