Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I know it's been asked before, but has anybody taken a motorcycle to FLETC recently? is it worth the haul?
    CBPO
    TESTED: 8/21 Pharr, TX
    NOR: 8/25 - 90 (NO VET)
    GEO PREFERENCE - East, TX
    CASS: 9/23
    TO: 9/23
    MEDICAL & FITNESS: 10/27
    VBT: 11/7
    BI:CLEARED
    MEDICAL:PENDING DUE TO LASIK:1/9/09
    LASIK POST-OP MAILED IN:4/12/09
    MEDICAL: CLEARED
    TSU: 5/1/09

Comment

• Just a tip to those printing their e-QIP stuff. I set my printer to "fast print" or "draft" which not only printed faster but also used less ink. Test it first, my printer barley showed any difference in print quality.

Originally posted by BillyHoyle View Post
      CASS just updated: Referred to Schedule EOD 4/30/2009 You have been referred to the scheduling unit. Generally an applicant can expect to be contacted to schedule their entrance on duty and/or training in 30 - 60 days. Depending on an applicant's selected locations scheduling calls could be extended an additional 30 days or more.

Time for me to hurry up and wait...
      Alright! We're about two weeks apart then.
      BTW Congrats on being the first post on the 500th page.
      Last edited by blk98gt; 05-07-2009, 01:12 AM.
      You shut your mouth when you're talking to me!

Comment

• Originally posted by Scorp58 View Post
        I know it's been asked before, but has anybody taken a motorcycle to FLETC recently? is it worth the haul?
        I'm actually thinking of taking mine as well.
        Patience is a virtue

Comment

• That will make three of us!

Originally posted by SevenSixTwo View Post
          I'm actually thinking of taking mine as well.
          CBPO Timeline
          Geo: Virginia and D.C. Test: 12/10/08
          NOR: 12/20/08 (86%) TO: 02/02/09
          Forms: 02/11/09 VBT: 02/25/09
          Medical: 03/03/09 Fitness: 03/03/09
          Drug Test: 03/12/09 Qualifications: 03/26/09
          BI: 04/09/09 (my B-day gift!)
          Met with Investigator: 04/15/09 TSU: 04/10/09
          The Call: 05/01/09 10.30am
          EOD: 06/01/09 -- Dulles Airport
          FLETC: 07/01/09 -- Class 957
          Graduation: 10/14/09

Comment

• I guess I'll make four. I have a sportbike. 07 Honda CBR600RR, what about you guys?
            Written Test: 3/08
            NOR: 4/08
            TO: 4/08
            Medical: 4/08
            Fitness: 6/08
            VBT: 6/08
            Met with investigator: 10/08
            Received NOPA: 11/08
            Won appeal: 3/09
            TSU: 4/23/09 (Michigan) pulled in May for fitness
            New fitness: 7/28/09
            Back in TSU: 8/3/09

Comment

• Hey all, it's been a while since I posted and it took me a while to read up on what I've missed since I've been gone. Soo, I decided to check CASS on Tuesday and to my surprise it said my BI was completed. I called the hotline to be sure and it said I was referred to TSU on 5/1/09. CASS updated again today and reflects the same info. Anyone (besides Ironhorse) in the process for NY (All Other) locations?
              CBPO Timeline
              GEO: NY (All Other)
              TEST: 8/15/08 (88)
              TO: 12/24/08
              FORMS: 1/9/09
              FITNESS: 1/16/09
              VBT: 1/21/09
              DRUG: 2/4/09
              QUALS: 2/4/09
              MEDICAL: 4/09
              BI: 5/1/09
              TSU:5/1/09

EOD: 6/8/09
              FLETC: 7/8/09
              GRAD: 10/20/09

Comment

• Originally posted by CMUnupe View Post
                I guess I'll make four. I have a sportbike. 07 Honda CBR600RR, what about you guys?
                Aww, I wish I still had my bike!! I would sooo ride it down there when I ever get called. I had a 2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R. It was custom designed...pink stars on black paint. Can you tell I'm a female? hehe
                CBPO Timeline

Comment

• Originally posted by Leen View Post
                  Hey all, it's been a while since I posted and it took me a while to read up on what I've missed since I've been gone. Soo, I decided to check CASS on Tuesday and to my surprise it said my BI was completed. I called the hotline to be sure and it said I was referred to TSU on 5/1/09. CASS updated again today and reflects the same info. Anyone (besides Ironhorse) in the process for NY (All Other) locations?
                  I am in for NY other but reapplied and am waiting for a TO for JFK.
                  My background is still pending. It was submitted on 1/12/9. Do you know when your B.I. was submitted if not when did you meet your B.I? Thanks.

P.S. Anyone know what happens to my re-application if I hit TSU? Will I still get a new TO or do I need to turn down the original TO at that pont?

Comment

• Originally posted by imlikeaninja View Post
                    I am in for NY other but reapplied and am waiting for a TO for JFK.
                    My background is still pending. It was submitted on 1/12/9. Do you know when your B.I. was submitted if not when did you meet your B.I? Thanks.

P.S. Anyone know what happens to my re-application if I hit TSU? Will I still get a new TO or do I need to turn down the original TO at that pont?
                    BY THE WAY....CONGRATS AMAHAST!! I forgot to mention that in my first post. Hopefully I'll see you at FLETC!

imlikeaninja....I also reapplied for JFK, but I will take NY other if it comes first. I met with my BI on 3/15/09. He said he had to submit his report by 4/3. I was surprised to see it cleared so quickly in about a month so I am hoping it's not a glitch or anything.
                    CBPO Timeline

Comment

• Originally posted by kokezero View Post
                      iea i dont know about fletc for another 16 weeks. haha that would be fun sort of. with iea they now want you to sign 3 year agreement for the location you get hired for. will be 9 and off probation in june. i thought swaps were only for 11 and i really cant wait any longer. union guy at my port is a jerk and i think he leaks info to mgt. so i am very timid to ask aroud the port to small of a port everybody must know everthing. would you know what the last union news on mgt excepts separation from family for hardship transfer. my current situation is i am in mn landborder and family in detriot. any help will be nice thanks in advance

There are no hard and fast rules for swaps. Basically, it's what ever your field office/service port will allow. Lots of 09's move about in the right places...lots don't in the wrong ones.

MN landborder, heh? I used to work under Roseau...knowing them and Pembina they'll probably hold you to 3 years. Supposedly under the new union negotiations there's a push to loosen up the transfer/swap policies. How much that'll help you in the short-term is unknown.

Detroit should make it a bit easier. Wait until you're off probation, then flood USA Jobs with applications for any job you see that remotely interests you. Make it clear to management and the union that while you'd prefer to stay in CBP and leave as a CBPO, you'll be jumping out of northern MN just as soon as something opens up for you.

Maybe you'll shake something up for yourself, maybe not. I got let out eventually, you might get lucky too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Reapplied View Post
                        I don't know about keep applying to MHC if you are a current CBPO because I spoke to someone there about a month ago, and when these folks are done testing and the scores get dumped into MHC system they have a process where they weed out people that are current CBPO's the best way is to put in for a transfer or swap. Besides when you apply one of the questions ask if your a current CBPO, if you are and say you're not then your integrity went out the window along with your application.
                        You're probably right.

Still, it's the squeaky wheel that gets the grease...and sometime persistence pays off.

Comment

• I guess you have to provide your own tranportation to FLETC when selected?
                          CBPO-MIA/FL
                          Written: 4/30/09
                          NOR: 6/01/09 (82%)
                          TO: pending

Comment

• Originally posted by OZ-82 View Post
                            I guess you have to provide your own tranportation to FLETC when selected?
                            From what I understand transportation is provided to FLETC. You will be responsible for transportation to your EOD and lodging the day before.
                            Luck is where preparation meets opportunity. - Seneca

Comment

• Originally posted by OZ-82 View Post
                              I guess you have to provide your own tranportation to FLETC when selected?

Negative.

Your port will arrange to fly you from your duty location to FLETC and back.

As an alternative, you may decided to drive your vehicle, assuming you are close enough and can figure out a reasonable plan for getting there and back. CBP will pay for that too...up to the cost of what it would take to fly you there.

Comment

• Merlin. What about your lodging after your first EOD date before FLETC? Does the gov pay for that?
                                Luck is where preparation meets opportunity. - Seneca

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 18160 users online. 485 members and 17675 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X