300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by OZ-82 View Post
    How is the Eye Exam tested and what are the qualifications to pass?
    Pretty standard eye exam. You need to see 20/100 or better in both eyes.

Comment

• Thanks i hope is not how it use to be done back in high school covering one of your eyes with your hand and looking at the board. I rather it to be some type of machine. I'm not to worry but my eye sight with the years working in office procedures with computers might had change some. At night i have trouble reading signs with lights from far away. In the day it seem fine so far. Well thanks for the Info.
      CBPO-MIA/FL
      Written: 4/30/09
      NOR: 6/01/09 (82%)
      TO: pending

Comment

Thanks i hope is not how it use to be done back in high school covering one of your eyes with your hand and looking at the board. I rather it to be some type of machine. I'm not to worry but my eye sight with the years working in office procedures with computers might had change some. At night i have trouble reading signs with lights from far away. In the day it seem fine so far. Well thanks for the Info.
        It will depend on the office you test at. Mine was done on a machine, but I've heard of others using the wall chart.

Comment

• Sorry to keep asking but how about if you might not meet the standards? I hope that won't be disqualifications for CBPO position.
          CBPO-MIA/FL
          Written: 4/30/09
          NOR: 6/01/09 (82%)
          TO: pending

Comment

Sorry to keep asking but how about if you might not meet the standards? I hope that won't be disqualifications for CBPO position.
            20/100 Uncorrected (without glasses or contacts) vision means 20/100. If you are any worse, your only option would be refractive surgery (LASIK, PRK. etc). Otherwise, your medical would not be cleared and you will be found medically unsuitable for the position.

Comment

Sorry to keep asking but how about if you might not meet the standards? I hope that won't be disqualifications for CBPO position.
              After lurking for some time, I thought I would chime in on this topic.

If you don't meet the standards, you will be disqualified if you don't do anything about it, i.e. eye surgery or requesting a medical waiver.

It's my understanding that a medical waiver is almost impossible to get, and if you're thinking of going that route, plan on it adding 12-18 months to your process.

I was in the same situation. The nurse told me I passed, but I knew that I failed. She was mistaken of the requirements. Anyway, I went the route of having eye surgery only to find out that I wasn't a good canidate for Lasik, my cornea was too thin.

After going to see 3 different doctors, I chose to have implantable contact lenses and I'm glad I did. I had to wait an additional 90 days post- op before I could get cleared, but now I've been in TSU since 4/23. Good luck to you.
              Written Test: 3/08
              NOR: 4/08
              TO: 4/08
              Medical: 4/08
              Fitness: 6/08
              VBT: 6/08
              Met with investigator: 10/08
              Received NOPA: 11/08
              Won appeal: 3/09
              TSU: 4/23/09 (Michigan) pulled in May for fitness
              New fitness: 7/28/09
              Back in TSU: 8/3/09

Comment

• Originally posted by sandwichman View Post
                Well.. Nov 8 is a week into the month. 4-6 weeks later would be early mid-December, however Christmas and New Years pushed things back somewhat.

I'd have to dig up the NOR envelope and letter to see the exact dates on them, but I'm pretty sure I didn't get the NOR letter until sometime in Jan or Feb of '08.
                OK i was just curious because a lot of people got theirs in 2 weeks or less.
                These hands need your guidance!

Comment

• For those of us looking at the SW area for either BP or CBPO have a look at this. I have a feeling that they might do some calling very soon to staff up these areas. Mostly looks like its AZ, but things can change really quick.

http://www.latimes.com/news/la-na-me...track=ntothtml
                  CBPO
                  Written: ~06-08
                  T.O.: 3-09
                  Pre-employment forms: 3-09 Completed
                  Fitness: 4-09 Completed
                  Medical: 4-09 Completed
                  VBT: 3-09 Completed
                  Drug test: 3-09 Completed
                  Quals: 4-09 Completed
                  B.I.: 08-06-09 Completed
                  Geo Pref: SW - Texas/NM (Took El Paso, TX)
                  TSU:08-07-09
                  EOD:08-17-09
                  FLETC:Sept 10 - Dec 30

"While watching you through the scope of my rifle, all I can say is: "You can run but you WILL die tired""

Comment

• Anybody with the San Luis, AZ (Yuma) POE? If so, can you please PM me... have some questions. Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by kokezero View Post
                      CBPO
                      Just wondering about reapplying process, has any current cbpo know of a person first hand that has reapplied and got to transfer to a new location. I called the hiring center and the woman i spoke to told me that once mhs finds out that you are a current cbpo you application will be terminated. just wondering what the real story is. everyone i speak to says its the way to go but once asked about who has done it nobody knows anyone that has. thanks to anyone that knows the truth .

That's pretty much it. That's how it was explained to me back in '06.

People used to have that option(>3 years back) and many moved using it in the past. Now-a-day, a few people seem to slip through here and there, but it's not the option it used to be.

Comment

• CASS just updated: Referred to Schedule EOD 4/30/2009 You have been referred to the scheduling unit. Generally an applicant can expect to be contacted to schedule their entrance on duty and/or training in 30 - 60 days. Depending on an applicant's selected locations scheduling calls could be extended an additional 30 days or more.

Time for me to hurry up and wait...
                        Geo: Illinois
                        Test Score: 94
                        Quals: GS-7
                        T.O.: 8/7/2007
                        Referred to Schedule EOD

"Theirs not to make reply, Theirs not to reason why, Theirs but to do and die"

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                          That's pretty much it. That's how it was explained to me back in '06.

People used to have that option(>3 years back) and many moved using it in the past. Now-a-day, a few people seem to slip through here and there, but it's not the option it used to be.
                          so I would have a better chance if I quit so I would not be a current cbpo. I was told as long as you get rehired in 3 years no academy.

Comment

• Originally posted by kokezero View Post
                            so I would have a better chance if I quit so I would not be a current cbpo. I was told as long as you get rehired in 3 years no academy.
                            Maybe.

Not knowing anything about your situation I hesitate to give much for advice. If you've been in for awhile it might be to your advantage to wait it out, look for a swap, a lateral or preclearance/CSI. Keep applying to MHC anyway, you might luck out. I eventually moved after a bit more than 4 years, so if you keep plugging it's possible.

If you do quit, there's no guarantee you'll get picked up again. If you're close to 37 that'll be an issue as well. IEA has an open announcement, maybe that would suit you short-term.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                              Maybe.

Not knowing anything about your situation I hesitate to give much for advice. If you've been in for awhile it might be to your advantage to wait it out, look for a swap, a lateral or preclearance/CSI. Keep applying to MHC anyway, you might luck out. I eventually moved after a bit more than 4 years, so if you keep plugging it's possible.

If you do quit, there's no guarantee you'll get picked up again. If you're close to 37 that'll be an issue as well. IEA has an open announcement, maybe that would suit you short-term.
                              I don't know about keep applying to MHC if you are a current CBPO because I spoke to someone there about a month ago, and when these folks are done testing and the scores get dumped into MHC system they have a process where they weed out people that are current CBPO's the best way is to put in for a transfer or swap. Besides when you apply one of the questions ask if your a current CBPO, if you are and say you're not then your integrity went out the window along with your application.
                              Last edited by Reapplied; 05-06-2009, 04:50 PM.
                              These hands need your guidance!

Comment

• iea

Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                                Maybe.

iea i dont know about fletc for another 16 weeks. haha that would be fun sort of. with iea they now want you to sign 3 year agreement for the location you get hired for. will be 9 and off probation in june. i thought swaps were only for 11 and i really cant wait any longer. union guy at my port is a jerk and i think he leaks info to mgt. so i am very timid to ask aroud the port to small of a port everybody must know everthing. would you know what the last union news on mgt excepts separation from family for hardship transfer. my current situation is i am in mn landborder and family in detriot. any help will be nice thanks in advance

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9572 users online. 268 members and 9304 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X