Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by junito9210 View Post
    I entered in TSU ! Whooooooooooooo !
    Congrats! I guess you finally got your VBT results.
    CBPO
    Test: July 2008
    TO: 12/26/08
    VBT 1/21/09-passed
    Medical - 1/21/09 - cleared 4/28
    Fitness - 1/21/09 - passed
    Drug test - 2/5/09- passed
    BI - Cleared
    TSU -4/29/09 (Buffalo)
    BI2 - cleared 8/11

ICE Special Agent
    Test 7/22/09 passed

Comment

• Originally posted by colinm112 View Post
      If you meant to ask can a CBP officer, one who is already trained and on duty, must marry a legal US citizen, I dont know but I highly doubt it matters. I do know that APPLICANTS can marry or be married to whoever, but you will need to answer some extra questions and provide more documentation as to the legality of your spouses presence in the United States.

My spouse is waiting for her perm. residency so she is not even that yet, but she is legally in the process and has all her papers in order. If you cant provide this, you wont beat the NOPA they fire at you.
      Are you a CBP officer or are you trying to get in?
      Thanks for the info, I wasn't sure......
      what's the NOPA??? thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by jbyrjax View Post
        Hey OZ, check this out (link) as far as the side-step test. I don't know for sure... but I'm guessing this is what it is.

I will start to practice on this as well. This side step on the original test date is kind of tiring before taking the step test right after. I'm doing a cycle of 2 set of 3 minutes on the step test a week so far so good, down the line i'll increase it to the 5 minutes and then 6minutes just to keep warm from here to then. I have not gotten to the push up or sit and reach yet but i will start soon on this warm ups. I have a family, my wife and 2 girls this is another job after work everyday. I got my hands full but eventually I find time to do a few things here and there. I see that you applied for IEA as well. what is your preference from CBPO & IEA.
        CBPO-MIA/FL
        Written: 4/30/09
        NOR: 6/01/09 (82%)
        TO: pending

Comment

• Originally posted by OZ-82 View Post
          I will start to practice on this as well. This side step on the original test date is kind of tiring before taking the step test right after. I'm doing a cycle of 2 set of 3 minutes on the step test a week so far so good, down the line i'll increase it to the 5 minutes and then 6minutes just to keep warm from here to then. I have not gotten to the push up or sit and reach yet but i will start soon on this warm ups. I have a family, my wife and 2 girls this is another job after work everyday. I got my hands full but eventually I find time to do a few things here and there. I see that you applied for IEA as well. what is your preference from CBPO & IEA.
          Took my PFT yesterday, and to my surprise I was not prepared I've been using my wifes stair stepper thing for about 3 weeks prior. Typically I can stay on that and watch a half hour of news, however, the stepper only provided about a 7 inch stroke and allowed you to use your weight to force it down. This is not the same. Find something with a 12 inch rise and go to it.
          "When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle."

Comment

• Graduating today, I'm excited to say the least!

Comment

• congratz! Good Luck!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bizzy930 View Post
                Graduating today, I'm excited to say the least!
                Congrats!!
                "When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle."

Comment

• Originally posted by I'm ready View Post
                  Are you a CBP officer or are you trying to get in?
                  Thanks for the info, I wasn't sure......
                  what's the NOPA??? thanks.

A NOPA is a Notice of Proposed Action letter. Basically it's a "we'll never hire you because of X,Y and or Z unless you can come up with some reasonable explanations and some good reasons as to why you should be allowed to become a FLEO" letter.

You can marry whoever you want. Unless you marry into something like the Bin Laden or Castro families, or find somebody tied in to organized crime cartels or terrorist organizations, the actual marriage won't matter much. Lots of FLEO's are married to non-USC's.

However, if you bring your spouse into the US illegally or otherwise participate in assisting your spouse in living illegally in the US, then you've pretty much toasted your chance for a career in FLE.

Comment

• [QUOTE=OZ-82;1797453]
                    Originally posted by jbyrjax View Post
                    Hey OZ, check this out (link) as far as the side-step test. I don't know for sure... but I'm guessing this is what it is.

Thanks....

Now I wonder what does the side step reflects in the job of the CBPO.

I don't know what the side-step consist of.

I do know that on any given day as a CBPO you might:
                    devan trucks
                    crawl in amongst and over cargo
                    unload semi trailers, flat beds, cargo containers
                    search trains, planes, and automobiles.
                    go pretty much inside of cargo/passenger ships
                    or look at/into anything else that crosses the border...either way.

On top of that, there's always a chance you might get called to provide support services for the next Hurricane Katrina or Californian forest fire.

Of course...all that'll depend on your work ethic, your location and the whims of management.

Comment

• So, on this Side Step Test and Push Up Test...Is this for people who are currently applying for CBPO and have NOT taken the Physical Fitness or will this also be implemented in Academy?
                      Patience is a virtue

Comment

• Have read the posts for a long time, first time to post. Is anyone out there waiting for San Francisco/Oakland? Has anyone got "the call" recently for San Francisco/Oakland?

Comment

• Originally posted by junito9210 View Post
                          I entered in TSU ! Whooooooooooooo !
                          Congrats. But don't quit your day job or hold your breath because its a whole new ball game of WAITING. Before you were waiting for the next step in the hiring process now you don't know when or what your waiting for. Before I made it to TSU it appeared that people were getting phone calls like 1 week after entering TSU and as soon as I entered all calls just slowed down. We really need someone from Minneapolis to be on this forum to give us some concrete answers.

TSU since 2/20/09
                          Miami by way of Chicago
                          Test 8/4/08
                          TO 11/13/08
                          Drug Test 11/13/08
                          VBT 12/11/08
                          Physical 12/16/08
                          Qual 1/10/09
                          Met BI 1/5/09
                          BI cleared 2/19/09
                          TSU 2/20/09

Comment

• Originally posted by UofU76 View Post
                            Have read the posts for a long time, first time to post. Is anyone out there waiting for San Francisco/Oakland? Has anyone got "the call" recently for San Francisco/Oakland?
                            I'm waiting for that GEO. As you can see by my sig, I am COMPLETED on everything. My case has not yet been sent to TSU though. Myself and a couple of others I know in RL are waiting as well.
                            Patience is a virtue

Comment

• Originally posted by SevenSixTwo View Post
                              I'm waiting for that GEO. As you can see by my sig, I am COMPLETED on everything. My case has not yet been sent to TSU though. Myself and a couple of others I know in RL are waiting as well.
                              I have been in TSU for over a month. I know guys who after getting into TSU for SF/Oak they got called that very same week. It just seems like everything slowed down recently. Calls for SF/OAK were going out like crazy between Nov 08-Jan 09 and then it just dropped off.

Comment

• Originally posted by SevenSixTwo View Post
                                So, on this Side Step Test and Push Up Test...Is this for people who are currently applying for CBPO and have NOT taken the Physical Fitness or will this also be implemented in Academy?
                                It is for new applicants, but starting Oct. 1st at the academy new physical standards will be in place there as well. There was a post not too far back with all of the specifics.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9822 users online. 256 members and 9566 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X