300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hahaha that's awesome!
    Congrats again Amahastpl. Hope to be joining the ranks soon.
    Written: 12-11-08
    Medical: 3-28-09 Pending
    B.I.: 5-21-09 pending

Comment

• Originally posted by bflogirl View Post
      This doesn't make sense. Did you get a TO? You wouldn't be schedueled for a VBT or a medical if you didn't. Your application ID# is on your TO. If you aren't in CASS and you got a TO then you need to call MHS and let them know.
      To this day, I have never received a TO nor do I know what it stands for (though I'm guessing Tentative Offer?).

Thus far I've received the NOR via USPS and email, as a snailmail letter with my VBT time/date. Neither of the snailmail nor emails that I've received have included the Applicant ID (I've tripple and quadruple checked all the communications from DHS/CBP/OPM I've received so far) and the only time I got the Applicant ID was after I emailed DEU/DHS asking about it.

I originally put down MIA as my geo. location during the written test. In June/July 08, I received an email from DHS saying some eligiblity requirements have changed and if I'm still interested to go to such and such a link and reapply.

I went to the link. One of the questions stated CBP has an immediate need in such and such states/cities, and if I'm willing to change my location, I'll get the ball rolling faster. Geo. pref. changed to VT.

Feb/Mar 2009.. I receive an email from DHS stating a brand new facility is coming online soon, state of the art, if I'm willing to change my Geo. location again, reply by x date and my info will be passed along to recruting. Geo. location changed again to ME.

A few days later I receive a letter with the date/time of the VBT.

A week later, I get a phone call from DHS asking me to call such and such a number and provide them with a mailing address (I live in the hood and all the mailboxes get vandalized, blown up, etc, so I gave my po box at the time I applied and did written test) so that they can FedEx me the medical questionaire I need to take with me to the med. exam and physical agility test. A day or two later I get another call asking me to schedule the medical/physical.

VBT went well, I tried to become a cop earlier, so did one for Pembroke Pines a while ago and passed that with no problems, and this one went well I thought, and I'm fairly sure I passed it.

The medical went fine as well, I don't have any issues, had two surgeries my whole life, no issues passing the physical step test, nor up and down kneeling, etc.

Where things get weird..

The medical office that did the physical did not FedEx my papers in until April 15th, a week and a half later.

About a week ago I get a large envelope with my EKG results and a piece of paper with some of the things that the doctor examined like eye exam results but no formal mention of pass/fail, nothing from DHS nor from CBP (envelope came from 3rd party where my medical info is being processed).

Then I started thinking about CASS and trying to figure out how to access it to check on my progress. This is where I started going through all the correspondence I've received thus far, not being able to login, me finding this website, forum, etc.

What's puzzling me is I never got this TO letter most of you have written I should have received, nor have a I received a formal letter stating that my application is no longer valid nor that I am officially off the eligibility list.

The last thing I received from DHS was a vague email along the lines of, "it appears that you are no longer on the eligibility list for the position" so I asked why and the reply was "I'm forwarding your inquiry to another dept".

Based on everyone else's replies and timelines in their signatures, it seems that my hiring process isn't following a normal sequence of events.
      CBP written test Miami, FL
      11/10/2007
      NOR letter 01/16/2008
      VBT 4/2/2008 (passed)
      Forms 6/2/2009 completed
      Med exam 4/6/2009 completed
      9/4/2009
      Physical exam 4/6/2009 (passed)
      drug test 5/7/2009 (passed)
      TO 5/12/2009 (2nd one,
      never got first)
      qualifications completed
      BI interview 9/30/2009
      BI cleared/referred to TSU 10/30/2009
      poly: Mar 2011
      updated e-Qip & All Forms: Sep/Oct 2011
      BI interview II: Dec 2011/Jan 2012

Comment

• Originally posted by sandwichman View Post
        What's puzzling me is I never got this TO letter most of you have written I should have received, nor have a I received a formal letter stating that my application is no longer valid nor that I am officially off the eligibility list.
        I will admit this is as strange a story as I have heard yet. Long story short, you should have received a big packet with a lot of paper work to fill out. It should have included a letter that stated "You have been tentatively selected for a position as a CBPO, you must pass yada, yada, yada..."

Here is where I think you may be in trouble. It states that you have roughly two weeks to complete and return the application packet. Failure to return the packet will be considered that you are no longer interested in the position and your name will be withdrawn.

I got my Fit/Med and VBT notice within a week of the TO. I think what happened is you were selected, Fit/Med and VBT were scheduled, and you did not get the application back in time, so you were removed. The Fit/Med and VBT were never unscheduled. The reason you are not in CASS is because you are no longer considered a candidate as you "never returned" the application package.
        Last edited by USMC0844; 05-04-2009, 04:26 PM.
        CBPO East Texas
        TO: 3/3/09
        Pre-Emp Forms: 3/26/09
        Fitness: 4/6/09 -Passed
        Medical: 4/6/09 -Passed
        VBT: 4/7/09 -Passed
        Quals: (GS-7) 4/10/09 -Verified
        Drug Test: 4/17/09 -Passed
        BI: 8/27/09 -Cleared
        TSU: 8/27/09
        FCRA: 05/19/10
        BI Update: 6/16/10

Comment

• Actually thinking about it. Something similar had happened to me... I was scheduled for my VBT and Med/Physical.... Then I received a letter saying that they had sent me a packet and that I had to send in some documents. I called them and told them that I never received the packet. They sent me a new one and extended my turn in time.

Well just my luck, when I went to my local post Office to mail back my packet, they tell me that they have something for me. And there it was, the original packet lol. 2 days later someone on the next block over brings me the card saying that I have a package that I need to go pick up. Mail dude almost messed me up.

Basically if you can call and let them know that you never received the packet, they might just give you another chance. Worth a shot....
          CBPO
          Written: ~06-08
          T.O.: 3-09
          Pre-employment forms: 3-09 Completed
          Fitness: 4-09 Completed
          Medical: 4-09 Completed
          VBT: 3-09 Completed
          Drug test: 3-09 Completed
          Quals: 4-09 Completed
          B.I.: 08-06-09 Completed
          Geo Pref: SW - Texas/NM (Took El Paso, TX)
          TSU:08-07-09
          EOD:08-17-09
          FLETC:Sept 10 - Dec 30

"While watching you through the scope of my rifle, all I can say is: "You can run but you WILL die tired""

Comment

• Oh no! You're kidding. No I never received anything of the sort. I thought I would get that later after the VBT.

Well, I just sent another email to DEU/DHS.

I think I'm going to have write my Senators and Congressmen pretty soon about this.
            CBP written test Miami, FL
            11/10/2007
            NOR letter 01/16/2008
            VBT 4/2/2008 (passed)
            Forms 6/2/2009 completed
            Med exam 4/6/2009 completed
            9/4/2009
            Physical exam 4/6/2009 (passed)
            drug test 5/7/2009 (passed)
            TO 5/12/2009 (2nd one,
            never got first)
            qualifications completed
            BI interview 9/30/2009
            BI cleared/referred to TSU 10/30/2009
            poly: Mar 2011
            updated e-Qip & All Forms: Sep/Oct 2011
            BI interview II: Dec 2011/Jan 2012

Comment

• I think it would be better to call, and if they dont answer leave a message, telling them whats going on and they will get back with you pretty quick. I called them as soon as I got that one letter and they called me back the next morning.
              CBPO
              Written: ~06-08
              T.O.: 3-09
              Pre-employment forms: 3-09 Completed
              Fitness: 4-09 Completed
              Medical: 4-09 Completed
              VBT: 3-09 Completed
              Drug test: 3-09 Completed
              Quals: 4-09 Completed
              B.I.: 08-06-09 Completed
              Geo Pref: SW - Texas/NM (Took El Paso, TX)
              TSU:08-07-09
              EOD:08-17-09
              FLETC:Sept 10 - Dec 30

"While watching you through the scope of my rifle, all I can say is: "You can run but you WILL die tired""

Comment

• Hey guys does anybody know if after PT you have time to head back to shower? Or do you shower at gym shower because i thought the last time i had to pass another naked guy was long gone since high school.

Hopefully the gym one are stalled, can anybody confirm this?

Comment

• Originally posted by southwest View Post
                  Hey guys does anybody know if after PT you have time to head back to shower? Or do you shower at gym shower because i thought the last time i had to pass another naked guy was long gone since high school.

My Fit Test was in a hot, small office in the medical office. No shower facilities on site.
                  CBPO East Texas
                  TO: 3/3/09
                  Pre-Emp Forms: 3/26/09
                  Fitness: 4/6/09 -Passed
                  Medical: 4/6/09 -Passed
                  VBT: 4/7/09 -Passed
                  Quals: (GS-7) 4/10/09 -Verified
                  Drug Test: 4/17/09 -Passed
                  BI: 8/27/09 -Cleared
                  TSU: 8/27/09
                  FCRA: 05/19/10
                  BI Update: 6/16/10

Comment

Hey guys does anybody know if after PT you have time to head back to shower? Or do you shower at gym shower because i thought the last time i had to pass another naked guy was long gone since high school.

At FLETC it's group showers. If you really want one you'll have to book it. You have minimal time to change and get on a bus or start running to your next class.

Comment

• Originally posted by audi0xpl0de View Post
                      At FLETC it's group showers. If you really want one you'll have to book it. You have minimal time to change and get on a bus or start running to your next class.
                      You're that pressed for time that we can't shower?
                      "When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle."

Comment

• Originally posted by K0R3 View Post
                        You might be able to get in a "helicopter" shower. The locker room is one of the most hectic places you'll find with little room for movement. The time in between classes is really not enough.

Comment

• Originally posted by K0R3 View Post
                          Basically not. If you're lucky you'll have p.t. or d.t. last thing of the day like I did.

Comment

I lucked out, we had DT/PT/AT right before lunch, so I could always take a shower because I eat quick.

And like the others said, the locker room is NUTS, literally.

Have fun

Comment

• i know what pt is, but what is AT DT?

Comment

• Originally posted by nycmike87 View Post
                                i know what pt is, but what is AT DT?
                                Arrest techniques and defensive tactics.
                                Last edited by audi0xpl0de; 05-04-2009, 07:29 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7319 users online. 388 members and 6931 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X