Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBP officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by 5hole View Post
    I was recently visited by the TSU fairy. Here is the quick version of the story:

    This past week I was doing a job that involved driving across the country. Had no cell reception for almost the whole trip. Checked online CASS from hotel Monday night and it still showed my medical was still pending. Finally got reception late Tuesday and I had two messages on there from TSU trying to offer me a job. The calls came Monday at 8am and Tuesday at 8am. That means my medical cleared, my file was sent to TSU, and TSU called me all in such a short time frame CASS didn't even reflect it yet. Crazy. So I called and left a message for the TSU man saying I will take the job and where I want to work. When I finally talked to him Wednesday he said that message saved me a spot among a short list of openings for that location. Glad I left the message.

    Thanks for all of the experienced CBPOs that help us on this forum. We would be lost without you. Good luck to the rest of you.

    Congrats!!! Good luck...I cant wait till I get all the stuff done already...By any chance you would know if WA have any other openings available other than Blaine?

    Thanks,
    TSU - 8/28/09
    TO - 3/2009
    On the job

    Comment


    • Originally posted by NJNJ View Post
      Anyone get any NOR from the last test yet????
      I'm waiting on mines also is too soon I believe, I've been told it takes about 3 to 6 weeks but we should expect it any time after 10 to 15 days after testing. What date was your Test? I took mines 4/30/09.
      CBPO-MIA/FL
      Written: 4/30/09
      NOR: 6/01/09 (82%)
      TO: pending

      Comment


      • For the Members of this Forum who already took the VBT how much of dressing up some of you did? If all goes well with my score and pass the test I'm thinking of dressing up cassual, something with going out shoes, pants, and long sleeve shirt the day of my interview for the VBT. Is that good enough?
        CBPO-MIA/FL
        Written: 4/30/09
        NOR: 6/01/09 (82%)
        TO: pending

        Comment


        • Originally posted by OZ-82 View Post
          For the Members of this Forum who already took the VBT how much of dressing up some of you did? If all goes well with my score and pass the test I'm thinking of dressing up cassual, something with going out shoes, pants, and long sleeve shirt the day of my interview for the VBT. Is that good enough?
          I went dressed like I was going to a job interview. I wouldn't stress the VBT much, its really kind of easy.

          After the VBT me and another guy were joking about how they probably review those just to get their laugh of the day lol.
          CBPO
          Written: ~06-08
          T.O.: 3-09
          Pre-employment forms: 3-09 Completed
          Fitness: 4-09 Completed
          Medical: 4-09 Completed
          VBT: 3-09 Completed
          Drug test: 3-09 Completed
          Quals: 4-09 Completed
          B.I.: 08-06-09 Completed
          Geo Pref: SW - Texas/NM (Took El Paso, TX)
          TSU:08-07-09
          EOD:08-17-09
          FLETC:Sept 10 - Dec 30

          "While watching you through the scope of my rifle, all I can say is: "You can run but you WILL die tired""

          Comment


          • Originally posted by sandwichman View Post
            Hello,

            I'm a newbie here. I wasn't able to find any posts about this, so I apologize if this had been answered already.

            I'm having a bit of an issue. As you can see in my signature, I've been trying to get into the CBP since Nov '07, and recently things started moving.

            When I did my VBT in Miami, the administrator said I should be hearing back from them in 4-5 weeks time or that I could also check my progress on CASS.

            My problem was I never received a (snailmail nor email) letter with my Application ID.

            I wrote the DEU email address and they sent me my Application ID, however, never having logged into the CASS, I could never tell whether or not I was "in" the system.

            When I tried to login, I got an error message saying that I'm not in the system.

            My dilemma is having never logged in before, I don't know whether I have ever been in CASS or not.

            How long has it taken you guys to be able to login on CASS? Was it right after you got your NOR for the written test?

            Could it be I'm not in the system yet because my VBT and medical/physical exam results haven't been processed yet?

            thanks in advance
            This doesn't make sense. Did you get a TO? You wouldn't be schedueled for a VBT or a medical if you didn't. Your application ID# is on your TO. If you aren't in CASS and you got a TO then you need to call MHS and let them know.
            CBPO
            Test: July 2008
            TO: 12/26/08
            VBT 1/21/09-passed
            Medical - 1/21/09 - cleared 4/28
            Fitness - 1/21/09 - passed
            Drug test - 2/5/09- passed
            BI - Cleared
            TSU -4/29/09 (Buffalo)
            BI2 - cleared 8/11

            ICE Special Agent
            Test 7/22/09 passed

            Comment


            • Thanks.... yeah I'll try not to stress it as much. I hear your talking to a video in a computer something like that right?
              CBPO-MIA/FL
              Written: 4/30/09
              NOR: 6/01/09 (82%)
              TO: pending

              Comment


              • Originally posted by OZ-82 View Post
                Thanks.... yeah I'll try not to stress it as much. I hear your talking to a video in a computer something like that right?
                Actually your talking to a TV and being recorded at the same time. Not sure how much detail i can put out about it, so ill pretty much leave it at that lol.

                Guess you can practice by, sit there and watch Cops or something and respond to the person being questioned. Put yourself in the Officers shoes is what it boils down to.
                CBPO
                Written: ~06-08
                T.O.: 3-09
                Pre-employment forms: 3-09 Completed
                Fitness: 4-09 Completed
                Medical: 4-09 Completed
                VBT: 3-09 Completed
                Drug test: 3-09 Completed
                Quals: 4-09 Completed
                B.I.: 08-06-09 Completed
                Geo Pref: SW - Texas/NM (Took El Paso, TX)
                TSU:08-07-09
                EOD:08-17-09
                FLETC:Sept 10 - Dec 30

                "While watching you through the scope of my rifle, all I can say is: "You can run but you WILL die tired""

                Comment


                • Thanks.... Right now I'll just relax and wait for my NOR and then take it from there.
                  CBPO-MIA/FL
                  Written: 4/30/09
                  NOR: 6/01/09 (82%)
                  TO: pending

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by OZ-82 View Post
                    I'm waiting on mines also is too soon I believe, I've been told it takes about 3 to 6 weeks but we should expect it any time after 10 to 15 days after testing. What date was your Test? I took mines 4/30/09.
                    I didnt take this last test. I used my old score to reapply for a change of geo location

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by OZ-82 View Post
                      For the Members of this Forum who already took the VBT how much of dressing up some of you did? If all goes well with my score and pass the test I'm thinking of dressing up cassual, something with going out shoes, pants, and long sleeve shirt the day of my interview for the VBT. Is that good enough?

                      This was one I went back and forth on. Everyone told me to wear a suit, but everyone also said that this whole thing is just as much about proving you can follow instructions. My VBT notice said "business casual is the suggested attire". I made the choice to go in business casual, but I will be honest with you, I had the suit in the car. I wore long sleeve button up shirt, sweater, slacks, and dress shoes. After the VBT, I really started kicking myself about not wearing the suit. In the end I passed and everything was good. My advice is to just wear the suit and know that you gave it your best shot.
                      CBPO East Texas
                      TO: 3/3/09
                      Pre-Emp Forms: 3/26/09
                      Fitness: 4/6/09 -Passed
                      Medical: 4/6/09 -Passed
                      VBT: 4/7/09 -Passed
                      Quals: (GS-7) 4/10/09 -Verified
                      Drug Test: 4/17/09 -Passed
                      BI: 8/27/09 -Cleared
                      TSU: 8/27/09
                      FCRA: 05/19/10
                      BI Update: 6/16/10

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by USMC0844 View Post
                        This was one I went back and forth on. Everyone told me to wear a suit, but everyone also said that this whole thing is just as much about proving you can follow instructions. My VBT notice said "business casual is the suggested attire". I made the choice to go in business casual, but I will be honest with you, I had the suit in the car. I wore long sleeve button up shirt, sweater, slacks, and dress shoes. After the VBT, I really started kicking myself about not wearing the suit. In the end I passed and everything was good. My advice is to just wear the suit and know that you gave it your best shot.
                        The only thing appropriate is a suit!

                        Comment


                        • I got this e-mail today after inquiring about the status of my application. I know what it says but I'm still having a hard time realizing that I may have cleared that final hurdle. The message is below. Here's a dumb question, does this mean I'm in TSU? I haven't got any phone calls and CASS hasn't been updated.

                          Our records indicate that you have been selected for the CBPO position. Your CBPO application is now maintained in the Field Operations Hiring Unit here at the Minneapolis Hiring Center . We have forwarded your message to them for response/action.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by rbakous1 View Post
                            I got this e-mail today after inquiring about the status of my application. I know what it says but I'm still having a hard time realizing that I may have cleared that final hurdle. The message is below. Here's a dumb question, does this mean I'm in TSU? I haven't got any phone calls and CASS hasn't been updated.

                            Our records indicate that you have been selected for the CBPO position. Your CBPO application is now maintained in the Field Operations Hiring Unit here at the Minneapolis Hiring Center . We have forwarded your message to them for response/action.
                            Not to rain on your parade, but the way i read it, it just means that you got a t.o. and have an active application on file.

                            Comment


                            • Holy Grail of this forum!

                              CBPO Timeline
                              Geo: Virginia and D.C. Test: 12/10/08
                              NOR: 12/20/08 (86%) TO: 02/02/09
                              Forms: 02/11/09 VBT: 02/25/09
                              Medical: 03/03/09 Fitness: 03/03/09
                              Drug Test: 03/12/09 Qualifications: 03/26/09
                              BI: 04/09/09 (my B-day gift!)
                              Met with Investigator: 04/15/09 TSU: 04/10/09
                              The Call: 05/01/09 10.30am
                              EOD: 06/01/09 -- Dulles Airport
                              FLETC: 07/01/09 -- Class 957
                              Graduation: 10/14/09

                              Comment


                              • anyone got the number to the cbp hotline?

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 16877 users online. 398 members and 16479 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X