300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
    A few guys in my class were married to LPR's.
    What's LPR?

Comment

• Originally posted by blessed View Post
      What's LPR?
      Legal Permanent Residents

Comment

• Originally posted by USMC0844 View Post
        BI Question ....

Do you meet with the background investigator before or after the BI? I have something I forgot to include on my BI paperwork...
        Your background investigation starts months before you are contacted by an investigator. He/she may or may not already know about the forgotten citation before your meeting. It should not be that big of a deal. Just bring all supporting documentation, citation, payment receipt, ect., for your initial meeting to help the investigator locate it. And just explain to him/her that you forgot about, was not trying to hide it. It will look much better offering the forgotten infomation instead of them finding it and asking you about it. You may even want to tell him/her about it when they call to setup the meeting so they could research it before meeting in person.
        Luck is where preparation meets opportunity. - Seneca

Comment

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
          Legal Permanent Residents
          Oh yea I wouldn't doubt that. The case I referred to the applicant's spouse was illegal before they got married. I guess it differs case by case though as with many other aspects of the hiring process.

Comment

• Originally posted by I'm ready View Post
            Can a CBP Officer marry someone that's "legal"???
            Or does the Officer always have to marry a U.S. Citizen??? thanks.
            If you meant to ask can a CBP officer, one who is already trained and on duty, must marry a legal US citizen, I dont know but I highly doubt it matters. I do know that APPLICANTS can marry or be married to whoever, but you will need to answer some extra questions and provide more documentation as to the legality of your spouses presence in the United States.

My spouse is waiting for her perm. residency so she is not even that yet, but she is legally in the process and has all her papers in order. If you cant provide this, you wont beat the NOPA they fire at you.

Comment

• Vbt

Hi everybody... I will have my VBT this week...
              Do I have to prepare for any interview questions
              or are just questions related to the video?

can anyone advice me? Thanks....

Comment

• Originally posted by CBPO_PR View Post
                Hi everybody... I will have my VBT this week...
                Do I have to prepare for any interview questions
                or are just questions related to the video?

can anyone advice me? Thanks....
                There is no way to prepare for it. You'll be responding to different scenarios. Just ask professionally.

Comment

• Anyone get any NOR from the last test yet????

Comment

• I know it's easier said than done, but dont sweat the VBT. For me, the hardest part of the hiring process is the written test, so you've already made it past that! Just go in there confident and relax, it certainly won't help psyching yourself out prior to the VBT. If you have read this forum from the very first post, you'll see that only a few out of MANY have failed the VBT, so the odds of you passing is very high. Goodluck.
                    Written: 12-11-08
                    Medical: 3-28-09 Pending
                    B.I.: 5-21-09 pending

Comment

• Anybody took the test for CBPO (GEO JFK/NY) but the test site was in Philly on May 2nd at 9am? I was on my way to pick up my friend who was finished taking the exam, but unfortunately, while I was waiting on a red light, I got sideswipped by a trolley/bus.
                      TSU - 8/28/09
                      TO - 3/2009
                      On the job

Comment

• time it takes to be on CASS?

Hello,

I'm a newbie here. I wasn't able to find any posts about this, so I apologize if this had been answered already.

I'm having a bit of an issue. As you can see in my signature, I've been trying to get into the CBP since Nov '07, and recently things started moving.

When I did my VBT in Miami, the administrator said I should be hearing back from them in 4-5 weeks time or that I could also check my progress on CASS.

My problem was I never received a (snailmail nor email) letter with my Application ID.

I wrote the DEU email address and they sent me my Application ID, however, never having logged into the CASS, I could never tell whether or not I was "in" the system.

When I tried to login, I got an error message saying that I'm not in the system.

My dilemma is having never logged in before, I don't know whether I have ever been in CASS or not.

How long has it taken you guys to be able to login on CASS? Was it right after you got your NOR for the written test?

Could it be I'm not in the system yet because my VBT and medical/physical exam results haven't been processed yet?

thanks in advance
                        CBP written test Miami, FL
                        11/10/2007
                        NOR letter 01/16/2008
                        VBT 4/2/2008 (passed)
                        Forms 6/2/2009 completed
                        Med exam 4/6/2009 completed
                        9/4/2009
                        Physical exam 4/6/2009 (passed)
                        drug test 5/7/2009 (passed)
                        TO 5/12/2009 (2nd one,
                        never got first)
                        qualifications completed
                        BI interview 9/30/2009
                        BI cleared/referred to TSU 10/30/2009
                        poly: Mar 2011
                        updated e-Qip & All Forms: Sep/Oct 2011
                        BI interview II: Dec 2011/Jan 2012

Comment

• Originally posted by sandwichman View Post
                          Hello,

I'm a newbie here. I wasn't able to find any posts about this, so I apologize if this had been answered already.

I'm having a bit of an issue. As you can see in my signature, I've been trying to get into the CBP since Nov '07, and recently things started moving.

When I did my VBT in Miami, the administrator said I should be hearing back from them in 4-5 weeks time or that I could also check my progress on CASS.

My problem was I never received a (snailmail nor email) letter with my Application ID.

I wrote the DEU email address and they sent me my Application ID, however, never having logged into the CASS, I could never tell whether or not I was "in" the system.

When I tried to login, I got an error message saying that I'm not in the system.

My dilemma is having never logged in before, I don't know whether I have ever been in CASS or not.

How long has it taken you guys to be able to login on CASS? Was it right after you got your NOR for the written test?

Could it be I'm not in the system yet because my VBT and medical/physical exam results haven't been processed yet?

thanks in advance
                          It would be on your Test NOR's or on applicationmanager.org. On top of that if you have an i.d. and youre not in the system, thats not good.

Comment

Hello,

thanks in advance
                            I was able to check mine right after I got my TO..
                            CBPO
                            Written: ~06-08
                            T.O.: 3-09
                            Pre-employment forms: 3-09 Completed
                            Fitness: 4-09 Completed
                            Medical: 4-09 Completed
                            VBT: 3-09 Completed
                            Drug test: 3-09 Completed
                            Quals: 4-09 Completed
                            B.I.: 08-06-09 Completed
                            Geo Pref: SW - Texas/NM (Took El Paso, TX)
                            TSU:08-07-09
                            EOD:08-17-09
                            FLETC:Sept 10 - Dec 30

"While watching you through the scope of my rifle, all I can say is: "You can run but you WILL die tired""

Comment

thanks in advance

If you received a TO (if you are going through VBT, Fit, Med you have received a TO) you should be in CASS. You will use the last four of your SSN and Announcement ID to log in. Your Announcement ID can be found on the upper right portion of you TO and most correspondence that followed the TO.
                              Last edited by USMC0844; 05-04-2009, 03:34 PM.
                              CBPO East Texas
                              TO: 3/3/09
                              Pre-Emp Forms: 3/26/09
                              Fitness: 4/6/09 -Passed
                              Medical: 4/6/09 -Passed
                              VBT: 4/7/09 -Passed
                              Quals: (GS-7) 4/10/09 -Verified
                              Drug Test: 4/17/09 -Passed
                              BI: 8/27/09 -Cleared
                              TSU: 8/27/09
                              FCRA: 05/19/10
                              BI Update: 6/16/10

Comment

• In reference to VBT Question:

Best advice I can give you is be confident in yourself and your abilities.
                                You already know what works best for you in calming down your stress level.
                                So prior to going to your VBT if you need to work out in the morning do it. If you have to stop at Starbucks and get coffee on the way do it. If you have to do the pre-game dump, have at it.
                                Everyone has their own way of getting rid of stress.
                                Just try not to think about it too much and you will be fine.

Just my opinion here, you never get a second chance to make a first impression. You might want to consider dressing up or going with casual friday for this.

Hope that helps...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 13216 users online. 420 members and 12796 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X